Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-13-2005   #41
canadiantexan
Veteran

I actually like our chances of making the playoffs this year or at least going .500, with our shcedule and key players with a year more experience. I think we should:
Buffalo-win
Pittsburg-lose
bye
cinn-win
Tenn-win
Sea-win
Indy-lose
Clev-win REVENGE
Jax-lose
Indy-lose
K.C.-win
Stl-lose
Balt-lose
Tenn-win
Ariz-win
Jax-win put Jax out of playoffs
SF-win Hello playoffs
maybe wishfull thinking but not out of our reach.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #42
texansfan88
All Pro

hmmmm wonder why that pittsburgh game changed? if you go to the main site here, it talks about SIX noon starts (there are two later starts), but I only find one...maybe it was a late change
"So to recap quickly – an early bye week, four playoff teams (Colts, Steelers, Rams and Seahawks), two prime-time games, six home starts at noon (sorry, tailgate aficionados), three sets of back-to-back home games and two sets of back-to-back road games."

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ne...php?PRKey=1616
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #43
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm probably alone on this, but I really don't like the ESPN games...Let's not forget about the game last year when their announcers got all of our guys' names wrong and said, "Wow, that was such a beautiful pass" after Favre threw an INT...
Old 04-13-2005   #44
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Week 3 bye Boo ! That is my birthday weekend, I always look forward to a homegame for my birthday !
Old 04-13-2005   #45
Dionysus22
Veteran

I don't get it! We never get any love! We've beaten some good teams. And even if we don't beat'em, we at least make it come down to the wire. The Green Bay game last year was a prime example of that. Even though we lost, afterwards I was certain they were gonna give us at least ONE Monday night game this year. But two ESPN primetimes aren't bad, I guess. You gotta crawl before you walk...
Dionysus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #46
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Buffalo still has Holcombe as Losman's backup so if he starts stinking it up he could always be benched. Plus they've got a tough defense, and McGahee running the ball. Definately not going to take a team with a rookie QB forgranted this year.
texasguy346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #47
gwallaia

Rep Power: 69621 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad we are playing at Buffalo in September and not December.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-13-2005   #48
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

The Bills were on a roll at the end of last season, and they obviously feel the offense will be better with Losman than they were with Bledsoe. It's moreso a case of how soon it will be better. It's gonna be a tough game, hopefully our boys can come out swinging and show that they've corrected some of our failings.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #49
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Wow, I didn't even notice this!:

Quote:
Houston will play on a Saturday for the first time in its brief history against Jacksonville in Reliant Stadium (12/24/05).
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #50
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

You never know which team is going to make a 180 turnaround and start destroying teams.

Last year the Jags, and Steelers both did that. So you cant say we should win these games and lose these games until a few weeks into the season.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #51
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
along with about 22 other teams...so we dont have to feel alone that day
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #52
tiger06
Veteran

2 Sunday night games!!! YEEEEEESSS!!!
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #53
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Most of the league is playing that Saturday since Christmas falls on Sunday.

I still think one of my favorite Oilers games of all time was the 10-7 win over the 49ers on Christmas Day in 1993.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #54
gwallaia

Rep Power: 69621 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Speaking of prime time games, unless I blinked my eyes once too often, it looks like Atlanta is hosting three Monday Night games and a Thanksgiving Game at Detroit.

Networks love Michael Vick.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #55
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

The networks want to have Vick's love child. That's saying alot especially with the herpes lawsuit.
texasguy346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #56
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

It's Ron Mexico now, not Mike Vick
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #57
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
It's Ron Mexico now, not Mike Vick
I saw a guy at the mall today with a Falcons jersey with the number 7 and the name "R. Mexico" on the back...
Old 04-13-2005   #58
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus22
I don't get it! We never get any love! We've beaten some good teams. And even if we don't beat'em, we at least make it come down to the wire. The Green Bay game last year was a prime example of that. Even though we lost, afterwards I was certain they were gonna give us at least ONE Monday night game this year. But two ESPN primetimes aren't bad, I guess. You gotta crawl before you walk...
Yep, but the Dallas Crapboys get their anual 2 MNF games, I swear it doesn't matter how much they suck they always get a boatload of Monday and Sunday night games.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #59
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont understand the Ron Mexico thing. Anyone feel like giving me some insight?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #60
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Thats the name he gave to the girl to which he "passed" the STD to. His undercover name, Ron Mexico.

Last edited by PapaL; 04-13-2005 at 05:04 PM.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read