Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-03-2011   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mike Sims-Walker released by Jags

Damn, he would be a nice #2 lining up with AJ80...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-sims-walker/

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Sims-Walker released by Jags

missing a game cause of groupies doesn't comply with uncle bob's honor code. kubiak needs good kids.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 126281 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
Damn, he would be a nice #2 lining up with AJ80...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-sims-walker/
He made a very poor #2 to Mike Thomas
Brain Cushing

Last edited by JB; 03-04-2011 at 06:53 AM.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #4
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

I would take Walker for the right price.

Sims-Walker
Draft: 2007 - 3rd round (15th pick)
Height: 6-2
Weight: 214
Born: Nov 21, 1984
38 games
122 recs
1648 yds
14 tds

Jones
Draft: 2007 - 3rd round (9th pick)
Height: 6-2
Weight: 210
Born: Jul 11, 1984
59 games
96 recs
1229 yds
9 tds

Last edited by srrono; 03-04-2011 at 07:46 AM.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Get this guy and you can take WR off the draft list. We don't know if Jacoby is coming back right now (although I doubt anyone gives up a 2nd for him) and he's an upgrade over Anderson.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Kind of a head case, injured alot and frustrating to own in fantasy football...no thanks.
Old 03-04-2011   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's been inconsistent because the Jags pass offense has been inconsistent

I think he'd be a producer here
Old 03-04-2011   #8
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't mind seeing him here, but given the fact he's not really known for speed, it would make more sense to take over the role Walter fills rather than Jacoby. Even though I would consider it an upgrade, I'm hard pressed to see them moving on from Walter right now.
Old 03-04-2011   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing him here, but given the fact he's not really known for speed, it would make more sense to take over the role Walter fills rather than Jacoby. Even though I would consider it an upgrade, I'm hard pressed to see them moving on from Walter right now.
I would consider it more of an upgrade over Anderson with a push on Jones.
Old 03-08-2011   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice

http://twitter.com/evansilva

Quote:
Jaguars insider explains Mike Sims-Walker's faults: Inability to beat press coverage, bad knee, and "whining." http://bit.ly/eC4Idf
Old 03-08-2011   #11
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
The whining part is the biggest thing for me. The guy had one season that was worth a damn and even that season I don't think he even had 1,000 yards. He came back the next season doing nothing. Sure he's got talent, but I wouldn't invest hardly anything in this guy.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is where the Front Office usually receives the benefit of the doubt from me. I'd be all over bringing him in. But the interviews and inside information these organizations get are golden. I wouldn't pick up some whiney turd. lol

This goes for all draft prospects and free agents. We blame them for passing on "good players" but we never got to hear how dumb the sounded or anything.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kind of a head case, injured alot and frustrating to own in fantasy football...no thanks.
I'd still take Burress. A proven healthy and productive career.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011   #14
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I'd still take Burress. A proven healthy and productive career.
I'd take Burress over Sims-Walker anyday. Even with baggage. I'm not opposed to baggage with people. I just want to know how they deal with on the field stuff and if they might turn it around. Sims-Walker seemed like a one hit wonder type whereas Burress always seemed to be intense, into games and playing well. It is one thing to be a head case where you are waiting for the other shoe to drop and another if a guy has incident(s) and they seem few and far between....can they grow up. That is why the Cowboys taking a shot on Tank Johnson and some others didn't bother me as long as there were rules in place and not alot of cash invested.
Old 03-08-2011   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to derail this thead but really, Sims-Walker talk can only go so far.

Speaking of disfunctional WRs... what's the latest on Randy Moss? Still under contract in Tennessee?
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011   #16
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd take Burress over Sims-Walker anyday. Even with baggage. I'm not opposed to baggage with people. I just want to know how they deal with on the field stuff and if they might turn it around. Sims-Walker seemed like a one hit wonder type whereas Burress always seemed to be intense, into games and playing well. It is one thing to be a head case where you are waiting for the other shoe to drop and another if a guy has incident(s) and they seem few and far between....can they grow up. That is why the Cowboys taking a shot on Tank Johnson and some others didn't bother me as long as there were rules in place and not alot of cash invested.
I agree with taking Sims Walker over Burress and all, but Burress had a lot of problems to Frog. That's why Pittsburgh let him go. He always had a bad attitude and speaking of whiney he was very whiney. When Burress brought his A game though he was really good and hard to cover for just about anyone. The Giants had quite a few issues with him though. If you remember it was just a few games before his gun incident he was taken out of the lineup because he wasn't handling his business with the team and participating in things he was supposed to.

Right now though, right out of prison where this is his last chance I'd be all for bringing Burress. I think all of the issues he had in the past will probably be well behind him after he's been sitting behind bars and realizing what he threw away. You could probably sign him for cheap and if he can still move, you could probably get a really nice steal there.
Old 03-08-2011   #17
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I agree with taking Sims Walker over Burress and all, but Burress had a lot of problems to Frog. That's why Pittsburgh let him go. He always had a bad attitude and speaking of whiney he was very whiney. When Burress brought his A game though he was really good and hard to cover for just about anyone. The Giants had quite a few issues with him though. If you remember it was just a few games before his gun incident he was taken out of the lineup because he wasn't handling his business with the team and participating in things he was supposed to.

Right now though, right out of prison where this is his last chance I'd be all for bringing Burress. I think all of the issues he had in the past will probably be well behind him after he's been sitting behind bars and realizing what he threw away. You could probably sign him for cheap and if he can still move, you could probably get a really nice steal there.
I didn't remember if he had attitude issues or not. Even with that I'd still bring him in for a cursory look and there is nothing wrong with contracts with built in outs for behavior...forfeiting salary, etc.
Old 03-08-2011   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Eh, we're talking about a potential 3rd receiver here. I'd still like to see us go after Clayton from St. Louis.
Old 03-08-2011   #19
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I didn't remember if he had attitude issues or not. Even with that I'd still bring him in for a cursory look and there is nothing wrong with contracts with built in outs for behavior...forfeiting salary, etc.
Again, I agree with everything you were saying. I think Burress would possibly be a really good pick up for the Texans right now because they could get him for cheap and the rewards could possibly be high. I was just stating that Burress had quite a few attitude problems throughout his career as well. I think getting him out of prison though, his attitude would probably be great. A team out there might end up getting a steal if he can still run.
Old 03-08-2011   #20
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2075 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

fwiw

nflcharlie

Source: Former #Jaguars wide receiver Mike Sims-Walker has been contacted by the St. Louis #Rams and Houston #Texans.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read