Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-03-2011   #1
La Voz
Rookie

Default Broncos release two defensive linemen from their old 3-4 system

The Broncos, converting from a 3-4 to a 4-3, have released Justin Banaan and Jamal Williams.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17531737

I could definitely see us signing one or both on the cheap. What other team is converting from a 3-4 to a 4-3 this year? I recall there being another one.
La Voz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #2
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Broncos release two defensive linemen from their old 3-4 system

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Voz View Post
The Broncos, converting from a 3-4 to a 4-3, have released Justin Banaan and Jamal Williams.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17531737

I could definitely see us signing one or both on the cheap. What other team is converting from a 3-4 to a 4-3 this year? I recall there being another one.
I'd take Jamal Williams in a heartbeat and draft a big fellow to groom .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #3
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Does he fit the kind of 3-4 we want?

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #4
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Williams played for Phillips when both were at San Diego. He would probanly be good for 30 plays a game. But a tag team at NT of Williams,Cody and a draft pick would cover the NT position. Bannan is also a steady 3-4 DE.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #5
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 119055 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Does he fit the kind of 3-4 we want?
He was All-Pro in 2005 & 2006 when Wade was the DC for the Chargers.
Old 03-03-2011   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take either one of those guys...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #7
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Williams is past his prime but I wouldn't mind bringing in Justin Bannan. He has played for Baltimore and there 3-4 so he knows the scheme and what it takes to be a dominating defense. If the price is right and barring any issues health related, I would try and sign him.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2011   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I think Williams is past his prime but I wouldn't mind bringing in Justin Bannan. He has played for Baltimore and there 3-4 so he knows the scheme and what it takes to be a dominating defense. If the price is right and barring any issues health related, I would try and sign him.
Sometimes you have to bring in a one year guy. And Baltimore doesn't play a 3-4 that is anywhere similar to what Wade runs
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #9
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

All three of Denver's starters would make solid rotational reserves. Bannan's the best of the bunch, consistently playing with a high motor, but Williams is nearing the end and while he stayed healthy can't play significant snaps and doesn't draw the double-team attention of his All-Pro days. Vickerson was picked up off the street after training camp and quickly surpassed McBean, pointing at the weakness of this group overall. Thomas could be a free agent and may go. Ronald Fields can spell a top-notch nose tackle but isn't starter material. Leonard was a late addition to the roster in December, his third team in 2010.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/r...-and-personnel
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #10
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
He was All-Pro in 2005 & 2006 when Wade was the DC for the Chargers.
Unlike the relatively svelte Ratliff at NT in Dallas, Williams was Wade's big, fat pro-bowl NT in San Diego. Nice to know Wade's flexible.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Unlike the relatively svelte Ratliff at NT in Dallas, Williams was Wade's big, fat pro-bowl NT in San Diego. Nice to know Wade's flexible.
And I think that is where we could see us picking up a guy like Williams. Because with Wade he knows who to play and when. If one guy is a run stuffing NT he's gonna play on early downs while a pass rushing NT will get more reps on the later downs. Getting the best out of each player throughout the whole game.
El Tejano is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read