Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-03-2011   #21
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27501 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default Re: Pollard cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
Again I say..... I guess I am no longer relevant to this board and Texans fans....
I've said it before, but it bears repeating... Pollardized is a verb used to describe a slobber knocking hit on an opponent, it has nothing to do with the player anymore
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #22
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 62290 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
I've said it before, but it bears repeating... Pollardized is a verb used to describe a slobber knocking hit on an opponent, it has nothing to do with the player anymore
Thanks for clarifying FTF!!!!!

I thought about changing to Cushioned, but that just sounds like a big ex-steroid junkie who went soft. Hey, wait a minute.....
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #23
mugrakers
Rookie

Rep Power: 136 mugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess 610 needs a new player/host on Mondays.
mugrakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Whats the value of a leader without good football skill?

Was Pollard the problem or was it our CBs?

Its difficult to know
I think there was a big difference in the way our guys played football last year, from what they did in 2009.

In 2009, we were aggressive more often than not. & the defense did well. When we played soft (prevent) even in 2009, we looked like crap. Giving up those 3rd & 18 yard plays. Not being able to stop MJD.

Every time.

2010, we played "prevent" & cautious way too much. Missing Cushing those first 4 games & starting a rookie corner were probably the main reasons.

But you saw them in those first 4 games. When they were "cautious" we got ran over. When they were aggressive, they shut our opponents down. Enough for us to get a lead, or giving us opportunity for the offense to get back in the game.

Still... we decided to play cautious all year long, more often than not.

Every one of our players (any defense if you ask me) will look like shit if they're playing prevent more often than not.

Pollard especially, & Cushing belong in an aggressive defense. Pollard can't cover, but he's got a nose for the ball & the propensity to make plays. If ever there was a player for the 46 defense (other than the original 46 & Roy Williams) B.P. is the one.

IF you've got an aggresive defense & don't have a place for Bernard Pollard, I'm a little concerned about what you're calling aggresive.

But, the way they were asking BP to play in 2010..... he was the problem more than the CB.
Old 03-03-2011   #25
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

In Phillips defense the S have to be able cover. Of course Quin can do this. There are several SS in the draft that should be available in rds 3/4 that can cover. After the combine my favorite is Legefed.

Also signing a vet S like Whitner should be a priority. They could use some veteran leadership in the secondary. But not guys that are so old they cant play.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #26
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

They have a keep BP page on Facebook, lol.

While I wouldn't want the guy starting again, I would like to have him back as a backup/sub, and bring him in on all out blitz plays. When he played up on the line in the Raves game, he impressed me.

I doubt he would go for that so I guess........

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #27
Esoom
Veteran

Section: 631
Rep Power: 256 Esoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respected

Love Bernard Pollard as a person, and I like what he brought to the team in terms of his motivation, his attitude and his (sporadic) playmaking. I'm saddened that he won't be playing here any longer, but the position can be improved and it needs to be. I wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up playing. He can definitely be a starter in the right defense.
Old 03-03-2011   #28
False Start
On # 69

Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm hearing the Eagles have intrest.

Last edited by False Start; 03-03-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-03-2011   #29
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
Well played, sir.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #30
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Fine with me so long as the Texans find a suitable replacement to play the position. Right now, I'm really high on Tyler Sash from Iowa. He hits hard, tackles well in space, and can make plays on the ball if needed.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #31
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
In Phillips defense the S have to be able cover. Of course Quin can do this. There are several SS in the draft that should be available in rds 3/4 that can cover. After the combine my favorite is Legefed.
Also signing a vet S like Whitner should be a priority. They could use some veteran leadership in the secondary. But not guys that are so old they cant play.
Wholeheartedly agree with both bolded statements. As Mayock pointed out during the combine, he's a baller that you just have to find a place for. High motor guy, always around the ball, loves contact, will be a great special teamer while learning to play at the NFL level. I believe he's going to make who ever pulls the trigger on him very pleased they did so.

This is also a priority. Sure would have liked to see them persue O.J. Atogwe. I know we may never know for sure one way or the other if they did or not but one would think it would leak. Seems to be some substance to Gary's statement about moving GQ to FS. Guess we'll all see.

Old 03-03-2011   #32
False Start
On # 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Seems to be some substance to Gary's statement about moving GQ to FS. Guess we'll all see.
If they do that, maybe they will go for a top free agent CB.....I can dream cant I?

Old 03-03-2011   #33
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
If they do that, maybe they will go for a top free agent CB.....I can dream cant I?
I instist!

Already let the 'Skins snag my fav.

Old 03-03-2011   #34
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Pollard is still a starting safety in this league, but he wasn't going to fit the new system. His coverage skills are his weakness, but keep in mind that none of the DB's could cover last year.

I wish it could've worked out. We're gonna miss him.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #35
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17175 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Yup, the guy can hit, but can't cover. For a Safety or DB I'd love to have both, but I'd take coverage skills over hitting.
I don't think it helped him that we haven't put a decent free safety on the field with him. Heck, we've never put a decent free safety on the field. You can mask a lot of coverage inadequacies when you have a great ball hawk at the other spot.
Old 03-04-2011   #36
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I would keep Pollard as a motivational speaker alone.

Isn't he ready to end his career and start his new one, pep-talker of the Houston Texans?
Old 03-04-2011   #37
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Without Pollard = can't stop the run to save our lives.

With Pollard = can't cover the pass to save our lives.

I hope we're not just going in circles here...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #38
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I would keep Pollard as a motivational speaker alone.

Isn't he ready to end his career and start his new one, pep-talker of the Houston Texans?
Team chaplain?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #39
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1969 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Without Pollard = can't stop the run to save our lives.

With Pollard = can't cover the pass to save our lives.

I hope we're not just going in circles here...
Aint this the truth...
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #40
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Dream in one hand, and shit in the other and see which fills faster. If you hold your breath till Rick Smith and the Texans sign a big time free agent, you're a dead man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugrakers View Post
I guess 610 needs a new player/host on Mondays.
Did anybody hear that ***** Josh Enis talking about BP yesterday? The dude is acting like we didn't re-sign Ed Reed. Pollard was a nice guy, but was really a huge issue in our defensive woes.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read