Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-03-2011   #1
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pollard cut

Just heard Pollard got cut. Link and source coming shortly.
Old 03-03-2011   #2
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pollard cut

Supposedly he was being interviewed on the radio this morning in Houston and told them he got cut.

I have mixed emotions on this myself. He did so good for us two years ago but did so bad for us last year. Meh, let him go, get someone else with a tad better coverage skills and still with the hard hitting ability and we will be fine.
Old 03-03-2011   #3
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Cut? You can be cut even though you're a FA?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Here you go. He wasn't tendered meaning he isn't in their plans and will be a FA when the CBA is signed

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80358
Old 03-03-2011   #5
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Pollard got Pollardized.

Despite the misconception of fans he has never been good in coverage outside of a few highlight reel plays in 2009.

You could put almost anyone back there and improve the pass defense.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #6
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Pollard got Pollardized.

Despite the misconception of fans he has never been good in coverage outside of a few highlight reel plays in 2009.

You could put almost anyone back there and improve the pass defense.
Yup, the guy can hit, but can't cover. For a Safety or DB I'd love to have both, but I'd take coverage skills over hitting.
Old 03-03-2011   #7
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Supposedly he was being interviewed on the radio this morning in Houston and told them he got cut.

I have mixed emotions on this myself. He did so good for us two years ago but did so bad for us last year. Meh, let him go, get someone else with a tad better coverage skills and still with the hard hitting ability and we will be fine.
I'm a little ambivalent as well...this just means our secondary got younger.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2011   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
I'm a little ambivalent as well...this just means our secondary got younger.
I don't think young is as bad a problem as bad.

I'd much rather go young, that keep throwing bad players (Wilson) our there.

We were young last year, & our vets let us down a lot more than our young'ns.

Pollard & Wilson were a much bigger part of the problem than Kjac/Allen & Quin.
Old 03-03-2011   #9
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't think young is as bad a problem as bad.

I'd much rather go young, that keep throwing bad players (Wilson) our there.

We were young last year, & our vets let us down a lot more than our young'ns.
Pollard & Wilson were a much bigger part of the problem than Kjac/Allen & Quin.

Pollard basically had a career year with us in 2009 & then water found its level, he was exposed & we found out why he was on the street in the 1st place. I'm happy as hell knowing that he won't be part of the 2011-12 texans defense.

& the bolded is something that many here don't talk about enough. Yes, going young at cb is more often a mistake than not but the young'ns were supposed to be carried by the safeties who both had at least 3 years of experience. & when you look at it that way, there was failure all the way around...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #10
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 68516 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Again I say..... I guess I am no longer relevant to this board and Texans fans....
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
Again I say..... I guess I am no longer relevant to this board and Texans fans....
In a few years, your name won't make a lot of sense.

But there's nothing saying your internet persona's name has to make sense.

Take Thunderkyss for example.

What the heck is that?
Old 03-03-2011   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
of course you are. always remind us another player we let slip through our fingertips

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #13
will742
Nukkkk

Rep Power: 102 will742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to will742

Looks like I'll be making a new signature now.
will742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Whats the value of a leader without good football skill?

Was Pollard the problem or was it our CBs?

Its difficult to know
Old 03-03-2011   #15
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Whats the value of a leader without good football skill?

Was Pollard the problem or was it our CBs?

Its difficult to know
It was Pollard. Tight ends licked their chops vs us. Between he and Diles gone we may actually be able o stop a big white guy.
Old 03-03-2011   #16
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got a Pollard jersey my wife had custom ordered if anyone is interested.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #17
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 71306 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
It was Pollard. Tight ends licked their chops vs us. Between he and Diles gone we may actually be able o stop a big white guy.
Count them 8, I said 8 Red Zone TDs were given up by Pollard in the 2010 season....

See ya Bernard and don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you on the way out....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked Pollard. He seemed like a good guy and I liked his eloquence. As a football player, I liked his willingness to hit.

But how many times did he come out and say something about how the defense was going to play and then have to eat his words. How many times was he the one apologizing for missing tackles? That's not good. Add that to all the times he got turned around and abused in the end-zone and he was just a cheap Roy Williams imitation and that's not a good imitation to be.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I liked Pollard. He seemed like a good guy and I liked his eloquence. As a football player, I liked his willingness to hit.

But how many times did he come out and say something about how the defense was going to play and then have to eat his words. How many times was he the one apologizing for missing tackles? That's not good. Add that to all the times he got turned around and abused in the end-zone and he was just a cheap Roy Williams imitation and that's not a good imitation to be.
Agreed. I never jumped on the Pollard bandwagon and glad I didn't.

It's the old cliche', "if you're going to talk the talk, you must walk the walk". Needless to say, he never walked the walk
Old 03-03-2011   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Just heard Pollard got cut. Link and source coming shortly.
Thanks for one good year. Bye!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read