Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-03-2011   #41
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Tenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Even though he's tendered with a 1st that doesn't mean that we can't deal him to someone for less. This is actually a pretty shrewd deal. We can shop Leinart around and then trade him to whoever will give us the best deal. And if someone wants to go after him without talking to us, they still have to give us a 1st.

OTOH, this may just mean that Orlovsky is gone.
I agree with the first paragraph.
On Dan O., I think he stays.
After the contract restructuring last year, his salary is more in line with the market.
I don't think the Texans would want to spend time and effort looking for another back-up QB while they have other things to be concerned with.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #42
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Even though he's tendered with a 1st that doesn't mean that we can't deal him to someone for less. This is actually a pretty shrewd deal. We can shop Leinart around and then trade him to whoever will give us the best deal. And if someone wants to go after him without talking to us, they still have to give us a 1st.

OTOH, this may just mean that Orlovsky is gone.
It doesn't really mean anything significant. It's just a cover-your-ass administrative move.

Barring something unforeseen, Leinart will be an unrestricted free agent the moment a new collective bargaining agreement is signed.
Old 03-03-2011   #43
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
Damn. My name is so irrelevant now....
Yeah, it's kinda' messy when your screen name is attached to a player or coach and then they depart. I think the only such name that still works, by contrast, is the screen name Carr Bombed which I think is iconic and will always stay en vogue around here.

Contact one of the mods and see if they will change your screen name for you. Keep your avatar just like it is, and people will know it's still you.
Old 03-03-2011   #44
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119380 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, nudge me when a new CBA's signed.
Old 03-03-2011   #45
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Since Wade and the Texans seem to be pushing Bernard Pollard out the door and since there are rumors of moving Glover Quin to FS, does this now mean that SS is a 2nd round pick instead of FS like alot of our mocks have. Deandre McDaniels in the 2nd round maybe?
Its not that they are pushing him out the door, but they asked him to cover it and it got behind him.
Old 03-03-2011   #46
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119380 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

lol

Quote:
During the last game of the 2010 preseason, Matt Leinart was reportedly caught on a hidden mic trashing coach Ken Whisenhunt and the Cardinals organization.
Approached by a teammate who was wired for sounds of the game, Leinart let fly like Mussolini from the balcony. He was released just a couple of days later, though the incident had little impact. Multiple reports had the Cardinals cutting ties with Leinart in the week leading up to the final preseason game. Leinart, a four-year vet, was tendered at the original-pick (first-round) level by the Texans Thursday.
http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football
Old 03-03-2011   #47
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

What I find interesting is not tendering Zac Diles. Looking OLB in the draft are we?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2011   #48
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Diles would be Inside LB in this system. We got Ryans, Cushing, Sharpton and who else?
Old 03-03-2011   #49
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Diles would be Inside LB in this system. We got Ryans, Cushing, Sharpton and who else?
Bentley.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #50
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 27237 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the marketing department signed a deal with Dairy Queen to sell thier chicken tenders in the shape of the Texans Logo.

Come try the new Toro Combo only at DQ!!!!!
Old 03-04-2011   #51
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not at all, consider it an expression more than a hommage to Pollard
Old 03-04-2011   #52
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now you're Old School.

Granted only by 1 year, but still.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #53
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Very bush league. His team mate set him up big time.
Old 03-05-2011   #54
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I gave you rep.

You know what this means? It means God blessed you with the same type of thinking as me. We're practically the same person. Aren't you excited?!?!?
I tried to rep you but I must spread more.

I didn't see this post before, however I am extremely excited to know that I'm as whacked as you are! LOL
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read