Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-02-2011   #1
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Tenders

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...ontent=Twitter
Old 03-02-2011   #2
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Tenders

Non-tendered

Pollard
Diles
Studard
Bulman

1st round

Owen Daniels
Leinert

2nd round

Jacoby Jones
Mark Anderson
Brisiel

3rd round
Rashard Butler
Old 03-02-2011   #3
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

They're all pretty inconsequential assuming we go back to the 4 year model. It is interesting that they tendered Leinart, though. I was under the impression that they were prepared to let him walk.
Old 03-02-2011   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Leinart a 1st round tender??? Wait, he would be due a 1st since that's his draft position.

I guess Wade doesn't care for Pollard.

I thought Bulman might have been a good fit as a 3-4 DE.

May be for naught, unless the league is unable to lockout the players and have to play 2011 under the 2010 CBA rules.
Old 03-02-2011   #5
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
They're all pretty inconsequential assuming we go back to the 4 year model.
Help me out here ? So if the new CBA goes with the 4-yr UFA deal, all of these tenders are null & void and the Texans are in no better position than the 31 other teams to sign these players they've just tendered today ?
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #6
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
They're all pretty inconsequential assuming we go back to the 4 year model. It is interesting that they tendered Leinart, though. I was under the impression that they were prepared to let him walk.
Really the point on tendering is to cover yourself for those players between 4 year and 6 years you give flip about since the new rules could be land anywhere in that range. Going back to 4 years is the most likely outcome, but not a guarantee.
Old 03-02-2011   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Leinart a 1st round tender??? Wait, he would be due a 1st since that's his draft position.

I guess Wade doesn't care for Pollard.I thought Bulman might have been a good fit as a 3-4 DE.

May be for naught, unless the league is unable to lockout the players and have to play 2011 under the 2010 CBA rules.
Think he had a year of Roy Willliams (okla) as really the physical can't cover anybody safety. Not that once he left, Dallas figured out that position, but I don't think Wade likes the in-the-box primarily guy.
Old 03-02-2011   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Think he had a year of Roy Willliams (okla) as really the physical can't cover anybody safety. Not that once he left, Dallas figured out that position, but I don't think Wade likes the in-the-box primarily guy.

Sorry AT, but you've got it all wrong. Wade told Pollard that he would be playing NT in his new system this year. Wade didn't appreciate it when Pollard told him to FO.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #9
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's consequential to me. It means the organization is paying attention and not being neglectful. It also says quite a bit about its opinion of those players and what they are likely to target during the draft/free agency... For instance, Quin at safety is looking even more likely.
Old 03-02-2011   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Sorry AT, but you've got it all wrong. Wade told Pollard that he would be playing NT in his new system this year. Wade didn't appreciate it when Pollard told him to FO.
Are you sure it wasn't TE?
Old 03-02-2011   #11
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Could they have thrown a tender on ward? Seems like some team is going to want him we could have maybe a 3rd for him.

I would like to keep Butler need OL depth.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #12
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Could they have thrown a tender on ward? Seems like some team is going to want him we could have maybe a 3rd for him.
Ward is beyond the 6 year limit. He is an Unrestricted FA no matter what.
Old 03-02-2011   #13
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Ward is beyond the 6 year limit. He is an Unrestricted FA no matter what.
oh ok thanks
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

When John McClain read the title of this thread, he thought Bob McNair had upgraded the concession stand menu.

thankya. thankyaverymuch.
Old 03-03-2011   #15
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thread title had me thinking that the organization was changing the name of their chicken strips.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Thread title had me thinking that the organization was changing the name of their chicken strips.
I WAS FIRST, DAMNIT!

By a few seconds....LOL.
Old 03-03-2011   #17
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
When John McClain read the title of this thread, he thought Bob McNair had upgraded the concession stand menu.

thankya. thankyaverymuch.
Dude...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Dude...
I gave you rep.

You know what this means? It means God blessed you with the same type of thinking as me. We're practically the same person. Aren't you excited?!?!?
Old 03-03-2011   #19
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I gave you rep.

You know what this means? It means God blessed you with the same type of thinking as me. We're practically the same person. Aren't you excited?!?!?
So... two of you... right...

crap
Old 03-03-2011   #20
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Since Wade and the Texans seem to be pushing Bernard Pollard out the door and since there are rumors of moving Glover Quin to FS, does this now mean that SS is a 2nd round pick instead of FS like alot of our mocks have. Deandre McDaniels in the 2nd round maybe?
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read