Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-01-2011   #1
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 29181 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default [ESPN] Carson Palmer is ballin': $80m in the bank.

Quote:
Carson Palmer is apparently determined to leave Cincinnati.

Palmer, who has demanded the Bengals trade him, told a confidant he "will never set foot in Paul Brown Stadium again," WCPO-TV in Cincinnati reported Tuesday.

Bengals owner Mike Brown said in January that he will not trade Palmer because the quarterback is crucial to the team's plans.

Several sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen in January that Palmer will contemplate retirement if the Bengals do not trade him.

According to Tuesday's report, Palmer said "I have $80 million in the bank. I don't have to play football for money. I'll play it for the love of the game but that would have to be elsewhere. I'm prepared to live my life."

Palmer hasn't talked to the media since making his trade request. A text message seeking comment wasn't returned. Agent David Dunn released a statement saying that "because of the lack of success that Carson and the Bengals have experienced together, Carson strongly feels that a separation between him and the Bengals would be in the best interest of both parties."

Palmer was the franchise's building block when it made him the first overall pick in 2003, Marvin Lewis' first season as coach. He led the Bengals to the playoffs in 2005 and 2009 -- their only winning records in the past 20 years -- and rebounded from severe knee and elbow injuries along the way.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6172018

I'm trying to do the math on this one... Carson's current deal lets him earn up to $118m, so that's a lot of frugality... but damn, Carson should be teaching personal finances to pro athletes.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 141386 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [ESPN] Carson Palmer is ballin': $80m in the bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson Palmer
I have $80 million in the bank. I don't have to play football for money.
Probably not the type of quote the NFLPA wants from their members right now.
Old 03-01-2011   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6172018

I'm trying to do the math on this one... Carson's current deal lets him earn up to $118m, so that's a lot of frugality... but damn, Carson should be teaching personal finances to pro athletes.
Carson also had endorsement deals early on in his career when everyone thought he was going to be the next Manning. However the reports about his personal life is that he lives relatively modest for someone with his bankroll and he's more of a family man. Which is why I have no doubt in my mind that he'll file for his retirement papers if the Bengals don't trade him. It'll be another Jake Plummer move.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

i don't blame him because he has put up with enough garbage already.
Old 03-01-2011   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Not yet, he hasn't played for the Texans yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If I had to play with Chad Johnson my entire career and then the team's plan to fix problems was to bring in Terrell Owens (and all of the thugs they've signed), I'd pull a trade or retire move also. Especially if I've already sustained the type of injuries Carson has.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011   #7
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
If I had to play with Chad Johnson my entire career and then the team's plan to fix problems was to bring in Terrell Owens (and all of the thugs they've signed), I'd pull a trade or retire move also. Especially if I've already sustained the type of injuries Carson has.
Totally agree.
Sponsored links
Old 03-01-2011   #8
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
let's be fair, last couple of years he's put out a bunch of garbage as well.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #9
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

BALLLLLINNN!!!!!!
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #10
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hope palmer sticks with this to the draft so CIN may draft a QB thats 1 less DEF player taken in the top ten which helps the Texans
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #11
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Palmer. Always have. It's a shame that his shoulder injury hindered his play quite a bit, because he threw a damn nice ball early on in his career.

I don't blame him one bit though. The Bengals organization is a circus and always will be as long as Mike Brown is in charge.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #12
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why NOT retire. Dude can do absolutely nothing for the rest of his life.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #13
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I ran Carson Palmer's quotes through my Charie Sheen translator and it came out as

Duuuhhh...WINNING!
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #14
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Didnt he make all that money by playing in the NFL thats kinda a rude thing to say when it was cincy who prob gave him half that 80 million i know he went to college playing football how did he get all that money his is parents rich or something ???????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #15
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

He and his brother also invented that iOS app that tells you what you missed in a movie when you go to pee.
Old 03-04-2011   #16
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 59425 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
I ran Carson Palmer's quotes through my Charie Sheen translator and it came out as

Duuuhhh...WINNING!
I'd say with 80 mil in he bank he is Bi-Winning....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011   #17
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

LINK
I've been on the fence with this situation. I think both parties have made a stand based on their principles and I respect that greatly. I would be somewhat disappointed if Palmer showed up and played this season. I would understand it, though.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read