Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-03-2011   #61
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 43270 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Owen Daniels one step closer to leaving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Me too. Shoulda been a cut slut.

Norg, is that you?

Really? Can't you read man? There ain't nothing wrong with his post, at least not spelling related.
Old 03-03-2011   #62
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Dude, unless you hammer your point home on this board, you will get lambasted for stuff you didn't say. There's dudes out there that will comb thru threads just to argue and pick apart your post.
mmmmmmmmmm so!
Old 03-04-2011   #63
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Owen Daniels re-signed.

Therrrrrre's that big free agency push we've been waiting for.

I'm not against it, and not for it either. It is what it is. The franchise obviously believes he's worth the risk, so it looks like he has a vote of confidence from multiple people (especially the one who writes the checks).

I hope he stays injury-free and just does his thang out there.
Old 03-04-2011   #64
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Took that little? The dude has blown his knee out three times. Im surprised we paid that much.
showed at the end of last season that he was the same OD- still able to get open. great signing at that price. anyone who thinks the dreessen/casey/garrett combo is as effective isnt watching closely enough
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #65
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
showed at the end of last season that he was the same OD- still able to get open. great signing at that price. anyone who thinks the dreessen/casey/garrett combo is as effective isnt watching closely enough
I like OD. I think were better with him on the field but I also like dreesen due to his blocking abilities. By no means am I mad that we signed him but at $5 mil (avg) a year, I think that's a little much for someone with so much damage to his knees.

And yes, he has shown he is still effective but let's be reasonable, can he handle another knee blowout? On either knee?
Old 03-04-2011   #66
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak likes to run a lot of 2-TE sets (compared with other teams).
You need depth at the position, because one of them might do down.
It's not like you can pick up a FA off the street that knows the ZBS the way the Texans run to be able to step right in.
Casey is also the back-up FB for Leach, and he's also used as an H-back.
The TEs and H-back are important in both the run game and passing game.
This is an important signing for the Texans and I am glad they got it done without breaking the bank.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #67
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
There are some players out there, like OD and others, who seemingly just find ways to succeed. I think OD might be one of those "football-rich" guys who, despite maybe being limited by such things as injuries, is still somehow able to pull it off and get the job done.

He's smart, he knows where to go every time, and has great timing with Schaub. I wouldn't have re-signed him for the amount he is receiving, but I can also understand why the DID re-sign him for what they did. It's one of those moves where you can understand why they decided on keeping him as well as understanding why they wouldn't. Ultimately, it seems that many people in the franchise believe he brings something to the table despite the injury concerns.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read