Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-02-2011   #41
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Owen Daniels one step closer to leaving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
CloakNNNDagger also said he's got problems with running his routes, so you guys may be right about that aspect of his game for all I know ? And maybe he's a better blocker than I realize ? But I'm sure Casey has outstanding hands, I'm confidant about that. I've seen him make a bunch of outstanding catchs, and he drops very few balls.
Not sure how much better Casey is than OD as far as catching balls goes but the dude has hands. I think he caught 111 passes in his final year at rice. Unless I'm mixing him up with someone else. Assuming I'm not, catching that many passes says something, no matter what the situation. His route running could use some work but the hands are there.

Make no mistake, I'm not saying Casey is better or OD sucks or we will be fine without OD. Just saying the dude can catch.
Old 03-02-2011   #42
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58359 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Not sure how much better Casey is than OD as far as catching balls goes but the dude has hands. I think he caught 111 passes in his final year at rice. Unless I'm mixing him up with someone else. Assuming I'm not, catching that many passes says something, no matter what the situation. His route running could use some work but the hands are there.

Make no mistake, I'm not saying Casey is better or OD sucks or we will be fine without OD. Just saying the dude can catch.
Yeh but can he catch?
Old 03-02-2011   #43
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Daniels, Foster, Jacoby, and Brisiel got tendered. Pollard and Diles did NOT

Quote:
Strong safety Bernard Pollard and outside linebacker Zac Diles were among four Texans who were not tendered today, meaning they will become unrestricted free agents when a new collective bargaining agreement is signed.

Guard Kasey Studdard, a starter in 2009, and defensive end Tim Bulman, who spent last season on injured reserve, also were not tendered and will become unrestricted.

The Texans put a first-round tender on tight end Owen Daniels. Quarterback Matt Leinart received an original tender of a first-round pick because that's where Arizona selected him.

The Texans placed second-round tenders on receiver Jacoby Jones, defensive end Mark Anderson and guard Mike Brisiel.

Offensive tackle Rashad Butler received a third-round tender.

Running back Arian Foster, an exclusive rights player, also was tendered.

Under the current collective bargaining agreement between the owners and players, players can't become unrestricted free agents until they have played six years. When the new CBA is signed, unrestricted free agency is expected to return to four years. That means a player like Pollard would have become unrestricted, anyway.

When the new CBA is signed and free agency begins, players who were tendered can sign offer sheets with other teams. If the Texans don't match, they'll receive compensation in the form of a tender. For instance, if Brisiel signed with another team, the Texans could match or receive a second-round draft pick
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...ontent=Twitter
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #44
2slik4u
All Pro

Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Yeh but can he catch?
Dude, unless you hammer your point home on this board, you will get lambasted for stuff you didn't say. There's dudes out there that will comb thru threads just to argue and pick apart your post.
Old 03-02-2011   #45
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude, unless you hammer your point home on this board, you will get lambasted for stuff you didn't say. There's dudes out there that will comb thru threads just to argue and pick apart your post.
he's right
Old 03-03-2011   #46
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Owen Daniels one step closer to leaving?

Per McClain, re-signed.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #47
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Per McClain, re-signed.
Great news!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2011   #48
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

This offense just isn't the same without a healthy OD, i'm glad he's coming back.
Old 03-03-2011   #49
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
This offense just isn't the same without a healthy OD, i'm glad he's coming back.
Is he glad though? LOL
Old 03-03-2011   #50
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't want OD gone. Now Graham and Casey got to battle it out.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #51
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 6636 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans and Owen Daniels agree to 4yr/22mil deal

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6178148
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #52
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

This makes me happy.

Now if he can just stay healthy.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #53
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
Texans and Owen Daniels agree to 4yr/22mil deal

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6178148
happy dance!

I'm surprised it took that little to get him, but awesome. Love OD when he's 100%. Hope he comes back in 2009 form.
Old 03-03-2011   #54
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2316 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Open Daniels is signed...wohooo now I can finally buy his jersey. Beofe his prow bowl year you couldnt find it and after it I was hesitant to buy one because his contract was ending.

Battle red 81 for my bday...hint hint wifey.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #55
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
happy dance!

I'm surprised it took that little to get him, but awesome. Love OD when he's 100%. Hope he comes back in 2009 form.
Took that little? The dude has blown his knee out three times. Im surprised we paid that much.
Old 03-03-2011   #56
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Took that little? The dude has blown his knee out three times. Im surprised we paid that much.
Just FYI - the prior two injuries were on his other knee.
Old 03-03-2011   #57
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Me too. Shoulda been a cut slut.

Norg, is that you?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #58
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Just FYI - the prior two injuries were on his other knee.
Well aware of that. Two from one knee, one from
The other makes three blown out knees.
Old 03-03-2011   #59
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post

Norg, is that you?
Norg?
Old 03-03-2011   #60
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post

Norg, is that you?
Quote:
Norg?
In reference to another post. 1st one.

Sorry, link

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read