Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-28-2011   #1
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Annual the Texans talk to fill-in the blank prospect thread

I think this overrated by fans because, I have seen little correlation between talking a guy and drafting a guy, but at least it is something.

Request ( I am asking as it is nothing that I can handslap anyone for) : Please save "well if the Texans draft him here is what I think they should do mini-mocks." We have plenty of space on the board you to that with out cluttering every thread it.
Old 02-28-2011   #2
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Annual the Texans talk to fill-in the blank prospect thread

University of Florida S Will Hill said he has spoken with the Houston Texans at the NFL Scouting Combine. Analysis: University of Florida S Will Hill said he has spoken with the Houston Texans at the NFL Scouting Combine.

kffl.com
Old 02-28-2011   #3
ArlingtonTexan

The Houston Texans met with University of Arkansas TE David J. Williams, a source told Aaron Wilson, of NationalFootballPost.com. Analysis: The Houston Texans met with University of Arkansas TE David J. Williams, a source told Aaron Wilson, of NationalFootballPost.com.
Old 03-01-2011   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Mon, 28 Feb 2011 12:31:26 -0800
University of Illinois LB Martez Wilson said he has talked with the Houston Texans at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Source: KFFL.com

Old 03-04-2011   #5
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Random combine draft stuff

Didn't see this posted anywhere:

Quote:
Demarcus Van Dyke, another Miami cornerback, said that he met with the Texans on Saturday. Van Dyke is an interesting later-round prospect. Tall and lean at 6-1, 175, he ran track at Miami for three years. Van Dyke competed in the 60-, 100-, 200- and 4x100-meter dashes and said Sunday that he his personal bests are 6.81 seconds in the 60 and 10.43 in the 100.

Van Dyke is close friends with Sharpton, whom the Texans drafted last year in the fourth round.

“Me and him are boys, man,” Van Dyke said. “I talked to Darryl two weeks ago about the whole Combine the whole draft process. He told me to take it in, soak it in and that it’s a blessing. He’s a good guy.”
Quote:
In a draft that Mike Mayock of NFL Network calls a “bad, bad safety year,” UCLA free safety Rahim Moore (6-0, 202) is the cream of the crop.

Moore is an underclassman who led the nation with 10 interceptions as a sophomore in 2009. He said that he hopes to meet with the Texans, who recently released starting free safety Eugene Wilson, before the end of the Combine.

“I heard they’re in safety need, so I can’t wait for that to come,” he said. “I know a lot about the Texans. I’m a good friend of Kareem Jackson. He’s come out to Florida where I was training and he taught me some things that helped me out as far as footwork-type stuff. I would love to put on a Texans uniform.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...c-e0f03b5d897f
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011   #6
ArlingtonTexan

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...kouts-tracker/

tracker
Old 03-10-2011   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Jerod Johnson

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/7465424.html

Hoping Von Miller got some love while they were snopping around a back-up QB.
Old 03-14-2011   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans talk to ECU WR Dwayne Harris- http://www.kffl.com/team/18/NFL
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011   #9
ArlingtonTexan

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...t-Vikings.html

DB to meet with Texans?
Old 03-22-2011   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Another CB from South Carolina? Worked out with Dunta but not so much with Bennett.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Awesome!!!

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...eis-Bryan.html

I've never heard of the guy, he must be a true diamond in the rough!

rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Not bad info on this dude. 6ft 200 lbs, 4.36 40, and a kick returner. Although I didn't see that he actually ran any of them back. If he could be a CB that would take Slaton away from KR duties, I'm all for it.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read