Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-27-2011   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans, Cowboys show interest in Texas A&M QB

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS – The Dallas Cowboys and the Houston Texans both have shown an interest in Texas A&M quarterback Jerrod Johnson.

Johnson has already been interviewed at the NFL Scouting Combine by Cowboys scouts. On Friday, Texans coach Gary Kubiak talked to reporters about Johnson.

“Obviously, he’s not far from us down the road, so you know a lot about him and have followed his career at Texas A&M,” Kubiak said. “He goes into last season as a very highly touted player that – what did he end up starting, four or five games? I think what we have to do as coaches is go back and assess his career up to that point because it was very positive and he did a lot of great things. Very talented. It’s easy in this business to have a quarterback, or whatever position you play, to go through some tough times and he went through some tough times this year, but that doesn’t mean he can’t regain that form and that confidence in our league.

“So we will take a look at his ability. I know he is a great young man. I played with his dad. So he will have a chance this weekend to show that he is capable of doing it.”

Johnson told ESPNDallas.com he would “love to play in Texas.”

“I know how Texas people are about the Cowboys and there America’s Team,” Johnson said. “Growing up Houston, if I could get a chance to play in Texas and be closer to my family I would love it.”
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/nfl/201...xas-am-passer/
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans, Cowboys show interest in Texas A&M QB

Why? I could name 25 QBs I would rather have.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be surprised if anyone drafts Jerrod before the 6th round. He was awful as a QB last year and has poor decision making skills. I see him as a lifetime backup at best. I really hope the Texans don't waste a pick on him.
Old 02-27-2011   #4
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 45235 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'll be surprised if anyone drafts Jerrod before the 6th round. He was awful as a QB last year and has poor decision making skills. I see him as a lifetime backup at best. I really hope the Texans don't waste a pick on him.
He had surgery on his shoulder in the offseason before his senior year and didn't regain his arm strength back by the beginning of the season. Add in the fact they tried to correct his throwing motion, and he had a very bad start and got pulled. Apparently, he's got zip back to his throws and has his original throwing motion. If you look at his junior year, he's a very good QB when he's healthy.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011   #5
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Why? I could name 25 QBs I would rather have.
Maybe they like his athleticism and ability and think they would have a leg up on getting him if he were undrafted...

Or maybe spend a late round pick on him..
Old 02-27-2011   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Year before last, he was a pretty exiting QB to watch. Who knows what he'll do with a few years on the bench.

I don't necessarily care to use a draft pick on him, but his upside may be worth it. I'm not looking to replace Schaub, but it would be nice to have someone better than DanO waiting for an opportunity.
Old 02-27-2011   #7
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Before the draft don't believe anything the teams say and only half of what you see them doing.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2011   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't necessarily care to use a draft pick on him, but his upside may be worth it. I'm not looking to replace Schaub, but it would be nice to have someone better than DanO waiting for an opportunity.
I had hoped that this far along in the Smithiak regime, the Texans wouldn't still be using the draft to fill holes. It would be nice if the Texans could have afforded to spend a 2nd round pick on a development QB like Kaepernick. That's not going to happen, now.

Is Jerrod the player who struggled in 2010, or the guy who showed real promise in 2009? I think he'd be worth a 6th or 7th round pick to find out.
Old 02-27-2011   #9
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

“So we will take a look at his ability. I know he is a great young man. I played with his dad. So he will have a chance this weekend to show that he is capable of doing it.”

Its a done deal, were drafting him.
Old 02-28-2011   #10
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

If you're gonna pick a guy from Texas, go w/ Andy Dalton. The guy is a winner.
Old 02-28-2011   #11
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post

Old 02-28-2011   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
That's what I'm saying.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011   #13
OrdinaryAvgGuy
Rookie

Rep Power: 47 OrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
I like your signature.

Steve Slaton. Draino.

You put him back there to return kicks and he helps your whole team go down the drain.
OrdinaryAvgGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post

Honestly, I would not be surprised if that happens...

I don't really think Kubiak subscribes to picking guys just because of connections...But I do think that he puts a lot of stock into picking guys that he's comfortable with. So may argue that he puts too much stock into that, but iiwii.
Old 03-10-2011   #15
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A&M QB Johnson gets look from Texans

The Texans sent quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp to Texas A&M's pro day Wednesday to check out quarterback Jerrod Johnson.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/7465424.html
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A&M QB Johnson gets look from Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
The Texans sent quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp to Texas A&M's pro day Wednesday to check out quarterback Jerrod Johnson.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/7465424.html
Can't forget the fact he's a QB from A&M huh Gary?

I'm all for going QB in this draft somewhere but this guy sux!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read