Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 02-22-2011   #1
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How to paint the Texans logo on your wall?

My man cave is under construction, and I am looking for ideas on how to paint a pretty large Texans logo on my wall. I don't have an overhead projector but may be able to borrow one, but still don't know where I could get a good accurate logo to project on the wall if I did. Maybe just a print out on white paper?

One wall is going to be deep steel blue with the Texans logo. Home Depot sales this "official" color as Glidden paint. The opposite wall has less space due to cabinets will be burnt orange with a large white Longhorn logo. I need to figure this out as well. The ceiling is going to be white with a Texas flag and an American flag painted on it. Also need to figure that out.

Any help for ideas on how to paint those items would be very appreciated. The base colors are getting done today!

*edit - mods please change title to "paint"......freudian slip perhaps?
Old 02-22-2011   #2
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How to pain the Texans logo on your wall?

LOL, I have to ask if the thread title is a Freudian slip.

"How to pain the Texans logo on your wall?"
Old 02-22-2011   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: How to pain the Texans logo on your wall?

Easy way out - Fatheads. Otherwise, sounds like you're going to be painting for a really long time.... (Flags and two logos...)

Unless you're REALLY skilled you may need to hire an artist to do them.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
LOL, I have to ask if the thread title is a Freudian slip.

"How to pain the Texans logo on your wall?"
We typed that at the same time lol......look at my edit..
Old 02-22-2011   #5
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

I just had an idea. I can borrow a digital projector from work and shoot an image up there from google images and trace it out. That might be good enough?
Old 02-22-2011   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Easy way out - Fatheads. Otherwise, sounds like you're going to be painting for a really long time.... (Flags and two logos...)

Unless you're REALLY skilled you may need to hire an artist to do them.
I got no skillz.....lol, but the wife does
Old 02-22-2011   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Might just buy the flags and tack them up?
Old 02-22-2011   #8
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Might just buy the flags and tack them up?
That would probably be a much better way of going about it. Would be cool to have it painted on the ceiling, but that sounds like a LOT of work, just ask Michaelangelo.

The logo shouldn't be too hard though. I think you have the right idea going with a projector and tracing that out.
Old 02-22-2011   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My man cave is under construction, and I am looking for ideas on how to paint a pretty large Texans logo on my wall. I don't have an overhead projector but may be able to borrow one, but still don't know where I could get a good accurate logo to project on the wall if I did. Maybe just a print out on white paper?

One wall is going to be deep steel blue with the Texans logo. Home Depot sales this "official" color as Glidden paint. The opposite wall has less space due to cabinets will be burnt orange with a large white Longhorn logo. I need to figure this out as well. The ceiling is going to be white with a Texas flag and an American flag painted on it. Also need to figure that out.

Any help for ideas on how to paint those items would be very appreciated. The base colors are getting done today!

Take the easy way out. Paint your wall Blue and buy a fat head.

Old 02-22-2011   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just had an idea. I can borrow a digital projector from work and shoot an image up there from google images and trace it out. That might be good enough?
I have done this before with an overhead projector to make a banner for my band. I traced our logo onto a transparent sheet and projected the image onto a wall, where I traced the logo onto a large blank piece of cloth.
Old 02-22-2011   #11
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How to paint the Texans logo on your wall?

Be prepared to be sued for Copyright infringement.
Bob is writing a Cease and Desist Letter right now. lol
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011   #12
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

A projector is the way to go. Here's my kid's room...

Same glidden paint. It is important that you get the special red primer for the battle red color. It doesn't look right without it. Coat it well.
Old 02-22-2011   #13
3rd and Inches
NFL's La Migra

Rep Power: 1035 3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to 3rd and Inches Send a message via MSN to 3rd and Inches Send a message via Yahoo to 3rd and Inches

That wall technique is amazing Nitro. I love it. Makes me want to do my man cave like that.

Hardcore, I'd definitely go the projector route. It's pretty easy. I've done a few mural paintings with the aid of a projector before. Works really easy.
Old 02-22-2011   #14
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

That's sweet Nitro, I tried to rep ya for that but couldn't.
Old 02-22-2011   #15
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27501 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
That's sweet Nitro, I tried to rep ya for that but couldn't.
Got him for ya
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
Got him for ya
And of course I negative repped him for that t-sip hat in the picture!!!!

Old 02-22-2011   #17
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
A projector is the way to go. Here's my kid's room...

Same glidden paint. It is important that you get the special red primer for the battle red color. It doesn't look right without it. Coat it well.
That is awesome Nitro! MSR dammit!
Old 02-23-2011   #18
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

i'd say free hand it.....our pay me to do it

Old 02-23-2011   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Any kind of projection would be the best way to go. You try to freehand that and you will most definetly be stuck with an image that looks like a weekend warrior freehanded it.

Don't fall for that Home Depot paint. You can match it at Lowe's for alot less on the gallon. I typically go for Home Depot on everything else but since I've been making my domino tables (which I sell for Man Caves by the way), I noticed that I could match the color for alot less at Lowes. Especially for the burnt orange color. Typically at HD it will run you about 25 bucks for a gallon, while Lowes will run you about 15.

Also when you paint the logos, I'd go to a Hobby Lobby or something and get you some art brushes. This way you can blot around the edges and that will keep your paint from running or getting out of the lines.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011   #20
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Any kind of projection would be the best way to go. You try to freehand that and you will most definetly be stuck with an image that looks like a weekend warrior freehanded it.

Don't fall for that Home Depot paint. You can match it at Lowe's for alot less on the gallon. I typically go for Home Depot on everything else but since I've been making my domino tables (which I sell for Man Caves by the way), I noticed that I could match the color for alot less at Lowes. Especially for the burnt orange color. Typically at HD it will run you about 25 bucks for a gallon, while Lowes will run you about 15.

Also when you paint the logos, I'd go to a Hobby Lobby or something and get you some art brushes. This way you can blot around the edges and that will keep your paint from running or getting out of the lines.
Keep in mind that color-matching paint is iffy at best. It also only works if you redo the whole thing. Lowe's DOES NOT sell NFL colors so he'd have to buy a bit of Glidden first without a sample.

Besides, Glidden paint (and I am not a fan but better than Behr) is way better than what they have at Lowe's. It has a much higher VOC count so it covers as well as fills cracks/holes better. Lowe's has some pretty ratty mid-level paint out there. One could always put 4-5 coats on but that's more expensive than just two coats of the premium stuff. Think about it.

I am NOT knocking your work. It looks good. It's just different types of jobs. Doing small tables and walls are two majorly different things. It is SO MUCH easier to be color dis-illusioned with small jobs so you can get away with color-matched paints. I will NOT guarantee paint jobs for any of my customers that insist on using paint from either Lowe's or Home Depot. Pro-mar with Sherwin Williams is the way to go with quality and longivity.

Also, you seem to not to be specifying on low-level, mid-level, and high-level paints. Behr's is Home Depot's high-level paint and American Traditions is Lowe's high-level and it costs more (about $30)!! I don't know what brand you're looking at for $15 but I bet it's made by Valspar which is complete crap THEN AGAIN Valspar makes American Traditions so go figure!! You know what's funny? Walmart's premium stuff ranked #1 with Consumer Reports.

Whoops. Looks like I rambled on... my bad.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read