Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-22-2011   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Different type Off Season this year

Call it burn out or disgust but I have been beaten down by the Houston sports teams the last few years. The Texans need to have a very productive off season or my "fanship" will sail on to other interests. I know, McNair is on my cell now to assure me he has my best interest as a fan & all will be well...but I do not think it will. I have been going through a reality check since about game 10 of last season. Even switching to a 3-4 which I prefer did not bump my enthusiasm much nor did Wade P. coming aboard.

McNair needs to go hard this year to make it at least look like he wants to go to Super Bowl in next three years. Too many other teams have turned it around in 1-2 seasons.

As many of you know Beerlover, RMartin 65 and I do a mock and spend mucho hours in research and debating with each other. Prior to this past season's debacle, I was thinking this upcoming draft would be the best player available that would allow us to focus on depth. Man was I wrong.

On an upbeat note, I do feel there will be a CBA this season without loss of more than 2-3 games. Lucky me.
Old 02-22-2011   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Different type Off Season this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
On an upbeat note, I do feel there will be a CBA this season without loss of more than 2-3 games. Lucky me.
Which means there will be no off-season other than the draft. Your demand for productivity doesn't match your expectation.
Old 02-22-2011   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Which means there will be no off-season other than the draft. Your demand for productivity doesn't match your expectation.
You really think the NFL owners would not allow a brief time period for signing free agents once a CBA has been agreed to?
Old 02-22-2011   #4
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You really think the NFL owners would not allow a brief time period for signing free agents once a CBA has been agreed to?
If the CBA is signed after missing 2-3 games, do you really think that the Texans, switching to a new defensive scheme could actually improve with no OTA's, no mini-camps, no training camp and no preseason games? It might be very ugly.
Old 02-22-2011   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What I am saying is if your prediction is true then there will be no activity but the draft for months and then in the brief time period the teams most willing to cheat during the prior months will be the biggest FA winners in the flurry that ensues.
Old 02-22-2011   #6
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
If the CBA is signed after missing 2-3 games, do you really think that the Texans, switching to a new defensive scheme could actually improve with no OTA's, no mini-camps, no training camp and no preseason games? It might be very ugly.
agree, none of our current players have much if any 3-4 experience, it could be very ugly.
Old 02-22-2011   #7
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah,

But the good news is there's no way they can be as bad as they were last yr.

I'm talking from a historical standpoint. Be it in a newly installed 3-4 or the old 4-3. That's how terrible they were last yr.

This is the only thing that gives me some hope for the coming yr.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-22-2011   #8
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
like last season!
Old 02-22-2011   #9
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
like last season!
Ya'll need a Quart-A-Back!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read