Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-22-2011   #81
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wake up call needed

A decade think about all of the changes that have happened this decade.

Then think about watching Texans football this decade.

That should cheer everybody up. LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011   #82
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

i will give Dale a lot of credit and i am not being sarcastic. at least he is realistic about things and has come around to at least criticizing what has been going on around here. that is more than i can say for SOME yayhoos around here who just can't back away from Bob McNair's jock long enough to take a breath.
Old 02-22-2011   #83
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
i will give Dale a lot of credit and i am not being sarcastic. at least he is realistic about things and has come around to at least criticizing what has been going on around here. that is more than i can say for SOME yayhoos around here who just can't back away from Bob McNair's jock long enough to take a breath.
SH, amazing what a 6-10 season does to the psyche when I'm anticipating a magical season rewarding all us fans for years of patience and optimism.

Actually, even at 4-2 last season, I was very alarmed. I gave up the season, essentially, in the first quarter of the game at INDY.

The reason for the new found pessimism was the poor play. There was so much offensive improvement in 2008 and some improvement by certain individuals on defense that I saw reason for excitement. Then, in 2009, the team often looked like one of the three or four best teams in the AFC. I didn't think the occasional hiccup (Chris Brown) meant the team was destined to fail.

Last year, though, the team played like crap. And, if my argument was that patience was required so Smith and Kubiak can put the team they wanted together, well... that was year five and the division stunk but we were worse.

Still, though, you guys are going to have to suffer through some preseason excitement on my part (assuming there is a preseason). I'm actually expecting the organization to be more active in free agency than it has been since Casserly was throwing $25 million at people like Todd Wade, Robaire Smith, Zack Weigart, etc...
Old 02-22-2011   #84
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
SH, amazing what a 6-10 season does to the psyche when I'm anticipating a magical season rewarding all us fans for years of patience and optimism.

Actually, even at 4-2 last season, I was very alarmed. I gave up the season, essentially, in the first quarter of the game at INDY.

The reason for the new found pessimism was the poor play. There was so much offensive improvement in 2008 and some improvement by certain individuals on defense that I saw reason for excitement. Then, in 2009, the team often looked like one of the three or four best teams in the AFC. I didn't think the occasional hiccup (Chris Brown) meant the team was destined to fail.

Last year, though, the team played like crap. And, if my argument was that patience was required so Smith and Kubiak can put the team they wanted together, well... that was year five and the division stunk but we were worse.

Still, though, you guys are going to have to suffer through some preseason excitement on my part (assuming there is a preseason). I'm actually expecting the organization to be more active in free agency than it has been since Casserly was throwing $25 million at people like Todd Wade, Robaire Smith, Zack Weigart, etc...
Yeah

I got a neg rep because I was of the opinion the Texans were going to stink last yr. Thanks Dale.

I'm glad to see you're seeing the light.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011   #85
Lucky

Rep Power: 141386 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I'm not comparing the Texans with those teams. My point is that a few disappointing seasons does not mean the Texans organization will never become like the Steelers and Patriots, as Lucky was asserting.
dale, cut me some slack. I haven't even posted in this thread.

Oops, now I have.
Old 02-22-2011   #86
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
dale, cut me some slack. I haven't even posted in this thread.

Oops, now I have.
oops, it was someone with two syllables and a y at the end: Porky, maybe?
Old 02-24-2011   #87
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Yeah

I got a neg rep because I was of the opinion the Texans were going to stink last yr. Thanks Dale.

I'm glad to see you're seeing the light.
Lol. Dale criticized me for calling 7-9 before the season started, so don't feel bad.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read