Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-21-2011   #21
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 123 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wake up call needed

Wake up Bob McNair, it's time for a new paradyme (sp)..... go out and get the best FAs that are now on the market, not the also rans, and the not so goods after the draft, and during the season. Note to Rick Smith, ramp it up buddy,make sure you have your draft down pat before, during, and after the draft so that the players picked in the 3rd through the 7th are the stuff to make the team and build to Pro Bowlers. That is the way to the Super Bowl.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #22
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the NFL and we have a top five offense, right we had a terrible defense but Bob and Gary did not sit around and cry about spilled milk like you couch coaches do, They went and got Wade and with all the knowledge that wade bribgs I feel we will see a drastic difference this year, if we have a year, which is part of the reason we are in the wait and see situation we are in.
Old 02-21-2011   #23
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Has McClain mentioned it before? I don't make a habit or reading him, but this is the first I've seen him or any other journalist mention it, much less in an article.
i have seen people/articles mention it. Id rather move Jackson to Safety as i think Quinn is a better cover CB than Jackson. But that is still not a good move IMO. I say Pollard and Nolan back deep. With J. Allen, a FA then Quinn at CB.
Old 02-21-2011   #24
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 4293 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
This is the NFL and we have a top five offense, right we had a terrible defense but Bob and Gary did not sit around and cry about spilled milk like you couch coaches do, They went and got Wade and with all the knowledge that wade bribgs I feel we will see a drastic difference this year, if we have a year, which is part of the reason we are in the wait and see situation we are in.
LOL!

Gary Kubiak doesn't sit around and cry about spilled milk. He just looks the other way (queue GIF of him turning away from FG) while it runs under the refrigerator to spoil.

Why such blind faith?
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #25
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
LOL!

Gary Kubiak doesn't sit around and cry about spilled milk. He just looks the other way (queue GIF of him turning away from FG) while it runs under the refrigerator to spoil.

Why such blind faith?
Why? Why you say! Because he's Joe Texan and cheerleading is what he do.

Old 02-21-2011   #26
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
You don't have to be a veterinarian to recognize a dog turd.

But, keep waving them pom poms. It's cute.
Every offseason and after every draft I was always exicited about the upcoming season. I'm kind of worn down now. Yeah, yeah, love the Texans and hope for the best and all that kind of stuff still applies. But seriously folks, after what we've been through with this team, I'm just gonna sit back and watch and see what happens. Maybe they'll finally make the playoffs, maybe they won't, but continually being taken in each offseason just isn't in the works for me anymore. Most especially this upcoming one in which we just might not even have a season.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #27
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL!

Why such blind faith?
Dont start with blind faith, me and "Someone" on here got into that one day. Isnt like 95% of the world living by blind faith standards ?!?!?!? So why not some of us on here ?
Old 02-21-2011   #28
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Why? Why you say! Because he's Joe Texan and cheerleading is what he do.

Careful, you might get "called out".
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #29
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Has anyone mentioned that FA's can't even be signed until like March 4th or 5th? Which subsequently, is a day or so after the CBA needs to be in place.. (or something like that).........Not really the dumbest thread ever, but certainly in contention.

Why in the hell would you waste time talking to players, when you're not even sure there is gonna be a season AND even if there is, you can't sign them - anyway???

FML!!!

Old 02-21-2011   #30
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18096 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Has anyone mentioned that FA's can't even be signed until like March 4th or 5th? Which subsequently, is a day or so after the CBA needs to be in place.. (or something like that).........Not really the dumbest thread ever, but certainly in contention.

Why in the hell would you waste time talking to players, when you're not even sure there is gonna be a season AND even if there is, you can't sign them - anyway???

FML!!!

No I think your post is the dumb one.Any player that is released prior to the 2010 league year close, March 3rd, immediately becomes a free agent (if they are not waiver eligible. Shaun Rogers, Bob Sanders,and O J Atowge joined Erik Coleman in that category in the last few days. The Lions went out and signed Erik Coleman to a reported one year deal. In the thread I mention key players that have been cut and are "legal" to sign today. Do you think the Detoit Lions are special where they are the only NFL team allowed to sign players?

srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #31
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
No I think your post is the dumb one.Any player that is released prior to the 2010 league year close, March 3rd, immediately becomes a free agent (if they are not waiver eligible. Shaun Rogers, Bob Sanders,and O J Atowge joined Erik Coleman in that category in the last few days. The Lions went out and signed Erik Coleman to a reported one year deal. In the thread I mention key players that have been cut and are "legal" to sign today. Do you think the Detoit Lions are special where they are the only NFL team allowed to sign players?

LMFAO!!! Okay

Old 02-21-2011   #32
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Dont see it

Hope you're right.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #33
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
LOL!

Why such blind faith?
Yeah!!! Eff it!!!

Maybe I should change my allegiance to......... .... the Packers? The Steelers (oh hell No, I'm grew up an Oilers fan - so that's not gonna happen), the Patriots maybe the Jets???

What about the blind faith? I don't have blind faith, but what I do have is support for my local team... I couldn't care less about other teams. I care about where I live.

Eff the rest!!!
Old 02-21-2011   #34
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah!!! Eff it!!!

Maybe I should change my allegiance to......... .... the Packers? The Steelers (oh hell No, I'm grew up an Oilers fan - so that's not gonna happen), the Patriots maybe the Jets???

What about the blind faith? I don't have blind faith, but what I do have is support for my local team... I couldn't care less about other teams. I care about where I live.

Eff the rest!!!
Me too

You seem really disappointed about last yr.

How would you feel about 8-8 next yr. (My thoughts.) Will it be enough to keep Gary around for a 7th year?
Old 02-21-2011   #35
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

What everyone seems to be overlooking is that while there are visits going on by the very few FA's out there, none are being signed. The only free agent to sign so far is Seymour, and 31 owners were furious with Al Davis for that.

There will not be any signings prior to a CBA being worked out, imo.
Old 02-21-2011   #36
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Me too

You seem really disappointed about last yr.

How would you feel about 8-8 next yr. (My thoughts.) Will it be enough to keep Gary around for a 7th year?
With our entire professional history? I'd be stoked with 8-8....

I kid, I kid!!!

NOPE.... As a Kubiak supporter, no!!! Hell NO!!! If that were the case, or anything less than 10-6, more preferably 11-5 or better, is unacceptable. I would be willing to cut ties with Kubiak for anything less....
Old 02-21-2011   #37
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
With our entire professional history? I'd be stoked with 8-8....

I kid, I kid!!!

NOPE.... As a Kubiak supporter, no!!! Hell NO!!! If that were the case, or anything less than 10-6, more preferably 11-5 or better, is unacceptable. I would be willing to cut ties with Kubiak for anything less....
10-6/11-5 Playoffs here we come.

It could happen,I'm not holding my breath.
Old 02-21-2011   #38
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
10-6/11-5 Playoffs here we come.

It could happen,I'm not holding my breath.
Right!! Same here!!

That said, I will be in Blue Crew, tailgating for every homegame.... Ima dumbass that way!!
Old 02-21-2011   #39
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19403 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_bill View Post

eff the rest!!!
damn straight

go texans
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #40
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
damn straight

go texans
Repped!!! Although, I didn't see any "count" on your rep...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read