Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-21-2011   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wake up call needed

Are the Texans aware the offseason has started? Even my great grandmother knows the Texans need significant personal moves on the defensive side of the ball due to change of scheme and frankly because the defense was just bad last year.

One position of need is safety and two big name safeties are now on the market. Another position needing a upgrade is NT there is a big name NT on the market as well. I am not saying we have to sign OJ Atogwe, Bob sanders, or Shaun Rogers but the Texans should be bringing these players in for a look and a conversation. If one of the three would fit here then that is one less position needed in the draft.

Sanders to visit Jaguars today.
Atogwe will meet with the Washington Redskins.
Rogers has met with Washington,Kansas City, and New Orleans.

The Texans are yet to have a visit from any player.

link
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 25465 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default Re: Wake up call needed

14 hour grueling days TYVM.

Quote:
....After spending 14-hour days preparing for free agency, which won't start until the owners and players sign a new collective bargaining agreement, Texans general manager Rick Smith and coach Gary Kubiak have turned their attention to the draft and will lead a large contingent of personnel people and coaches to Indianapolis for the scouting combine that begins Thursday....
Y'all can check out the rest of Johnny Mac's 2.21.11 article if you want, he provides the eye opening observation we're going defense this year.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #3
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
14 hour grueling days TYVM.

Y'all can check out the rest of Johnny Mac's 2.21.11 article if you want, he provides the eye opening observation we're going defense this year.
Nothing new or intresting in that article all the same rehashed stuff
Old 02-21-2011   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Maybe the looming lockout is hindering our efforts to sign free agents right now.
Old 02-21-2011   #5
srrono
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Maybe the looming lockout is hindering our efforts to sign free agents right now.
Thats not the point the Texans are not even looking at these upgrades on the market. Sanders is a reach with his injury risk but Atogwe is a instant up grade for most of the teams in the NFL not to mention the Texans. Rogers may be a stop gap but he would be a extremely large stop gap Height: 6-4 Weight: 350.
Old 02-21-2011   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Thats not the point the Texans are not even looking at these upgrades on the market. Sanders is a reach with his injury risk but Atogwe is a instant up grade for most of the teams in the NFL not to mention the Texans. Rogers may be a stop gap but he would be a extremely large stop gap Height: 6-4 Weight: 350.
I don't know why/if the Texans are not at least looking at these free agents.
Old 02-21-2011   #7
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Allright Couch Coaches WAKE UP Its Time for you to prove you know better than the front office and how you should be handed the golden whistle. If you think they are sleeping then I will need whatever your taking cause I am on a track to reach new highs.
Old 02-21-2011   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Couch coaches? LOL!

They don't even deserve to be called even that.

Kudos though.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #9
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Allright Couch Coaches WAKE UP Its Time for you to prove you know better than the front office and how you should be handed the golden whistle. If you think they are sleeping then I will need whatever your taking cause I am on a track to reach new highs.
While i appreciate your optimism...i think its time to start wondering if the couch coaches are right. Lets look at the results:

Capers every offseason =
Draft picks and free agents which sucked and at the time i said they sucked.

Kubiak every offseason =
Draft picks and free agents which sucked and at the time i said they sucked.

Net result = best season 9-7 and a whole lotta heart break.

now i might have a hard time convincing you that all the people i wouldve picked were the right people. what i shouldnt have a problem doing is convincing you the people the coaches picked were wrong. The results speak for themself.
Old 02-21-2011   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeeeup . . . Internet couch coaches are better than real NFL coaches.

Hasn't it always been that way?

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 298506 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

You don't have to be a veterinarian to recognize a dog turd.

But, keep waving them pom poms. It's cute.
Old 02-21-2011   #12
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously? Are you going to try and convince everyone here that our secondary is just fine? We dont need to improve our talent? And you've agreed with all the bone headed decisions this coaching staff has made?

I'm not going to sit here and tell you i'm a coach or that i could do their job...but...i can look at some of these players and tell you they arent going to get the job done. The last guy that tried to argue jackson, quin, wilson, and pollard were compotent enough just took a linebacking job in tennessee.

if im critical of a decision it does not mean i think im ready for a general manager position so pocket that.

as a fan i retain the right to be critical and not belive in fairy tales like vic fangio's defense - richard smith's defense or frank bush's defense. Marcus i dont want to be the kid that tells you theres no such thing as Santa but...
Old 02-21-2011   #13
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Think OZZO had some going with his post
Old 02-21-2011   #14
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are the Texans aware the offseason has started? Even my great grandmother knows the Texans need significant personal moves on the defensive side of the ball due to change of scheme and frankly because the defense was just bad last year.

One position of need is safety and two big name safeties are now on the market. Another position needing a upgrade is NT there is a big name NT on the market as well. I am not saying we have to sign OJ Atogwe, Bob sanders, or Shaun Rogers but the Texans should be bringing these players in for a look and a conversation. If one of the three would fit here then that is one less position needed in the draft.

Sanders to visit Jaguars today.
Atogwe will meet with the Washington Redskins.
Rogers has met with Washington,Kansas City, and New Orleans.

The Texans are yet to have a visit from any player.

link
You're suprised?

What in the last 5 yrs has happened that would make you think that a BoB McNair owned franchise would go after UFA's like these guys.

They wait until the season starts and pick up street FA's like Pollard and Anderson. Sometimes it works out most of the time it doesn't.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #15
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Couch coaches? LOL!

They don't even deserve to be called even that.

Kudos though.
JT,Marcus, I'm not a coach or a GM. But I've made the playoffs as many times as BoB,Gary and Rick have and they've all had 5 or more yrs of chances than I have.

LOL

Losers
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #16
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I disagree. I find it interesting that the Quin to safety theory has made it main stream.
Old 02-21-2011   #17
srrono
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I disagree. I find it interesting that the Quin to safety theory has made it main stream.
Quin to safety is old news
Old 02-21-2011   #18
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quin to safety is old news
Has McClain mentioned it before? I don't make a habit or reading him, but this is the first I've seen him or any other journalist mention it, much less in an article.
Old 02-21-2011   #19
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3508 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe the Texans are waiting to give Eric Weddle his big pay day?
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #20
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

OJ Otogwe has only met with one team so far. Washington. Which makes sense since that is the "overpay" capitol of the football world. An offer from them drives up the offers of all other teams.

He's headed to Buffalo next.

I would love to overpay Weddle to come here

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read