Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-21-2011   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Game attendence

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
This is totally not a who is a better fan thread. I am just curious. I am pretty sure aj has been to every Houston game for like 35 years so he probably owns attendance. I'm just curious how many folks have been to every Texans game.

To be clear again, watching at home, in a sports bar, whatever is not a lessor fan. That is not what this is about.

and a few roadies.
Old 02-21-2011   #22
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I'm going to be in the minority here, but I enjoy watching games at home more than at Reliant. I've been to several games and have enjoyed myself to a certain degree mainly due to pregame tailgating.

But once the game starts I'd rather be alone, or with my family, watching on my TV. Up until this season I'd get really really upset. Me being pissed at the team + crowds + dipshit fans = no bueno.

In the end, give me my chair, whichever family member wants to watch, 52" TV and some grub and I'm a happy camper.
Old 02-21-2011   #23
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I've missed three games.

I went to the game 2 days before my due date with my daughter. The usher for our section was rather scared because I was huge. I missed the game right after that.
LOL - one of the concessions managers used to keep O'Doul's tucked away for my wife when she was pregnant with our youngest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Just for my own curiosoty - you meant you've been to "every Texans home game" and not "every Texans game" ?
Yeah, I meant every home game.
Old 02-21-2011   #24
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't buy season tickets in 2002. My wife bought tickets to the Buffalo game and I was hooked.

Since then I've only missed last yrs preseason Cowgirls game and the Christmas eve Colts game that HWNSNBM led the Texans to victory. LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #25
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I think I'm going to be in the minority here, but I enjoy watching games at home more than at Reliant. I've been to several games and have enjoyed myself to a certain degree mainly due to pregame tailgating.

But once the game starts I'd rather be alone, or with my family, watching on my TV. Up until this season I'd get really really upset. Me being pissed at the team + crowds + dipshit fans = no bueno.

In the end, give me my chair, whichever family member wants to watch, 52" TV and some grub and I'm a happy camper.
Dont let BoB,Rick and Gary get you upset.

I'm begining to think you're right. Staying home is looking more and more like an attractive option.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #26
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

Add an iced cold one in there and i think you got yourself set
Old 02-21-2011   #27
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know how you rank preseason games, which I usually skip, but on average one regular season game per year. I have seats with my cousin and we usually trade off a game. Obviously, we don't switch off the big games or special games like MNF.

I used to go to all the preseason games, but as the years go by, I find them less and less interesting.

I also have to admit that I have walked out on a game. The Jets game a couple of years ago. It was so blatantly obvious that we were mailing it in that I became disgusted and left half way through the second quarter. I find it hard to take when this team just decides to take games off. Its sickening.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-21-2011   #28
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
LOL - one of the concessions managers used to keep O'Doul's tucked away for my wife when she was pregnant with our youngest.

Yeah, I meant every home game.

I think I'd rather skip beer than drink O'Douls. It is wretched. I like beer with Asian food, so when I wasn't able to drink, I got to try a bunch of them out. Rather fond of the Guinness product Kalibur.

Due to the kid thing, I spent the first two years of the franchise totally stone cold sober. I think alcohol might have helped.
Old 02-21-2011   #29
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

ive been to 1 so far lol during our awesome 2-14 season lol but the game i was at we won so it was worth it! lol id really like to make it down to houston for another game soon but i wanna go to university this fall so i doubt ill be in attendance this season
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #30
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

only been to 1 game, the monday night game against the Jags like 2 years ago where slaton tore em up. I work in the Oilfield and had to move from huntsville to Dallas and i work 7 days a week so my job dont permit me to go to the games, although i do take off every other sunday during football season, and DVR the games i miss.
Old 02-21-2011   #31
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Been to 8 games total. I just live too far away and travel + hotel usually costs 2x what the tickets cost. I might try to make it to every game next year and just not eat every other week from October through December.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #32
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I used to have Oiler season tickets, but I don't go to games anymore. It's to much trouble. These days with wide screen HD TV coverage it's SO much easier to just sit at home where the bathrooms are close and clean, and the food is always made just the way I like it.

Stadiums are just to crowded and noisy for this old man.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #33
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Season ticket holder since year 1. Missed maybe 5 games in 9 years. Went to the GB game in GB and the Bears game in Chicago. Great times.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #34
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Season ticket holder since year 1. Missed maybe 5 games in 9 years. Went to the GB game in GB and the Bears game in Chicago. Great times.
i went to a bears vs eagles game this past season and it was my best football experience so far! super nice fans too! i love chicago
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #35
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I like beer with Asian food
So do I.
And with Mexican food, and with sushi, and with beef-steaks,
and with venison-steaks, and pretty much with any food come to think about it. And I like beer with no food at all, just beer with beer.
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #36
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I used to have Oiler season tickets, but I don't go to games anymore. It's to much trouble. These days with wide screen HD TV coverage it's SO much easier to just sit at home where the bathrooms are close and clean, and the food is always made just the way I like it.

Puh Ce!!!! That said, it's certainly great to see out and about for the away games...

My attendance? 94 games and that has nothing to do with my Oiler's attendance.
Old 02-21-2011   #37
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think I'd rather skip beer than drink O'Douls. It is wretched. I like beer with Asian food, so when I wasn't able to drink, I got to try a bunch of them out. Rather fond of the Guinness product Kalibur.
I can no longer drink alcohol, so I've done some extensive research into non-alcoholic beers. Becks and St. Pauli's are outstanding. Coors had one called Cutter and it was horrid. But, they recently came out with Coors Non-Alcoholic and it's not too shabby.

16 games missed (regular and preseason). Reasons include traveling, moving, natural disasters. The game I wish I had seen was the 2006 win over the Colts. The game I'm glad I missed was the 2005 overtime loss to the Rams.
Old 02-21-2011   #38
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 25929 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

My grandparents used to have season tickets for the Oilers. Right on the 20 yrd line on the lower level. It was INCREDIBLE! I can still feel the excitement of those games from when I was a kid. I remember watching Earl as a little tike.

Some of my VERY BEST childhood memories were from the House of Pain and the days of Luv Ya Blue!

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
My grandparents used to have season tickets for the Oilers. Right on the 20 yrd line on the lower level. It was INCREDIBLE! I can still feel the excitement of those games from when I was a kid. I remember watching Earl as a little tike.

Some of my VERY BEST childhood memories were from the House of Pain and the days of Luv Ya Blue!
YUP!! me too!!!
Old 02-22-2011   #40
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post

I think it would have been great to see Earl live. But my season ticket days were during Warren Moon's run and shoot era. That was some exiciting football to watch live.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read