Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-18-2011   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: [Berman] Texans release Wilson, Davis, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Andre Davis is long over due to be released
You say this.... and I'm sure many are thinking the same.

But how many times have we seen Davis on the field with Andre? How 'bout JJ & Davis?

Tell me Martz wouldn't have had Andre Johnson, Andre Davis, Jacoby Jones, & Kevin Walter on the field, early & often.

I know Kubiak & Schaub seem to do well without having to resort to such tactics.... but if you got it, why don't you use it? Couple of years back, Andre Davis did a fine job filling in for AJ. Andre comes back & Davis disappears.

Why? Put Johnson, Davis, & Jacoby on the field, what's a defense going to do with that kind of speed out there?

After watching our offense stumble...... after watching our defense get dismantled... many of us are questioning the talent we have on this team. It wasn't long ago, when we thought we were strong, and deep at WR. Now we feel like if we lose AJ, all hope is gone. We thought we were strong & deep at LB. Demeco goes down & our LB corps looks like a house of cards.

I had a point, but I forgot.
Old 02-18-2011   #42
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3508 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eugene Wilson, Andre Davis, 3 others released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Atogwe is one of the best safeties in the NFL. Somebody is going to snatch him up, he isn't going to be available for very long.
Not necessarily. Would a team on the cusp of the playoffs such as the Rams cut one of the best safeties in the NFL just for the sake of saving some cap room? If he's not on the market for long, it's because someone is going to drastically overpay him. In which case, I'll take a pass.
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
I hope he signs with a division rival and plays exactly the same way. Hey the Colts just cut Bob Sanders, Eugene in a Indy uniform would be nice
We can't beat the Colts with or without Sanders..... I don't think Eugene would make a big whoop.... We have to outscore their offense.

No matter how many points we put up, they put up more....... that's a great offense. What many people think we have.
Old 02-18-2011   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Default Re: Texans Rosters moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
With Wilson cut and Pollard a free agent the Texans should have 2 new starting safeties next season.
Wade said he likes the guys on our team already.

I'm thinking Nolan at SS & Quin at FS.

I'm being facetious.
Old 02-18-2011   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Wade drafted Sensebaugh & Ball........ what do you guys think of these safeties?
Old 02-18-2011   #46
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Jerrah drafted Sensebaugh & Ball while Wade watched........ what do you guys think of these safeties?
Fixed it for ya!
Old 02-18-2011   #47
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wade drafted Sensebaugh & Ball........ what do you guys think of these safeties?
I believe Sensabaugh was drafted by the Jaguars and signed with the Cowboys as a FA.
Old 02-18-2011   #48
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Fixed it for ya!
Poor me......the fans are already screwing with me.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011   #49
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dallas fans thought that they had one of the worst safety situations in the NFL.
Old 02-18-2011   #50
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why wasn't Antwaun Molden's name included on this list, he's sucked a roster spot and paycheck from the Texans for 3 yrs. now?

Andre Davis should have been cut 2 yrs. ago. Gary hangs onto players way to long.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011   #51
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58086 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to see Troy Nolan get a shot at SS.

Oh yeh, its about time Wilson is gone! I never could figure out how he made it onto the field.
Old 02-18-2011   #52
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You say this.... and I'm sure many are thinking the same.

But how many times have we seen Davis on the field with Andre? How 'bout JJ & Davis?

Tell me Martz wouldn't have had Andre Johnson, Andre Davis, Jacoby Jones, & Kevin Walter on the field, early & often.

I know Kubiak & Schaub seem to do well without having to resort to such tactics.... but if you got it, why don't you use it? Couple of years back, Andre Davis did a fine job filling in for AJ. Andre comes back & Davis disappears.

Why? Put Johnson, Davis, & Jacoby on the field, what's a defense going to do with that kind of speed out there?
We have at least 5 quality receivers already on the roster WITHOUT Davis: AJ, KW, JJ, DA, and DD. Why keep paying starter money to a 6th wideout who doesn't even return kicks anymore?
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011   #53
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm looking forward to seeing all these guys get coached up and thrive on other teams.
Old 02-18-2011   #54
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags View Post
Apologies if it was posted. I didn't see it on the front page.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/spor...elease-players

Texans' five cuts saved the team $9.7 million in projected 2011 salary. Andre' Davis ($4.7M) and Eugene Wilson ($3.56M). Nice.
Well that frees up about a fifth of what we need per year to sign Aso!!!!!!! LOL, now go pay the man Rick!!! You know if Aso walked of the plane to meet the Texans with Nike's with "Pay me Rick" I think I'd be OK with it......

Last edited by Big Lou; 02-18-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Big Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011   #55
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
We can't beat the Colts with or without Sanders..... I don't think Eugene would make a big whoop.... We have to outscore their offense.

No matter how many points we put up, they put up more....... that's a great offense. What many people think we have.
Right, other than that 34-24 beat down. The Colts aren't the AFC standard anymore and their offense (when not playing the Texans) isn't at 2004 levels. It's time we pick a new team to mold ourselves in the image of (Pittsburgh, perhaps?)
Old 02-18-2011   #56
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't Ed Reed also a free agent? The Ravens already used their tag on Ngata. Reed isn't a long term solution, but he could be a mentor for a rookie.

Molden is supposed to be good on special teams, but I bet they'll give him one more year.

And I never understood why we were using Slaton instead of Davis on returns. I never really understood the knock against Davis in general.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011   #57
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Eugene and Pollard are one of the main reason why our secondary sucks ..... One down one two go !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011   #58
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
We have at least 5 quality receivers already on the roster WITHOUT Davis: AJ, KW, JJ, DA, and DD. Why keep paying starter money to a 6th wideout who doesn't even return kicks anymore?
Call me crazy, but I think we need another receiver. The crew we have is not backing up AJ enough. And, I'm about ready for Jacoby to be gone. This is like the third year we are waiting for him to "mature" and break-out.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011   #59
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Isn't Ed Reed also a free agent? The Ravens already used their tag on Ngata. Reed isn't a long term solution, but he could be a mentor for a rookie.

Molden is supposed to be good on special teams, but I bet they'll give him one more year.

And I never understood why we were using Slaton instead of Davis on returns. I never really understood the knock against Davis in general.
Seriously, I expect that lack of attention from the in-season only crowd.
Old 02-19-2011   #60
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Seriously, I expect that lack of attention from the in-season only crowd.
He filled in adequately for AJ a couple of years ago. Did he ever drop balls or incorrectly run routes?

Last edited by Brisco_County; 02-19-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read