Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-20-2011   #21
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Yahoo: Reliant Ranked #16 (and a dig at the team)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
what I don't get with #3 is that, I thought I have heard that the NFL tells the Texans if they can have the roof open or not.

#2. I guess they don't sit by or take the same exit as TB
#2 - our team has created itself a history of losing.

#3 - the 50/80 Rule is to blame here. The roof is open on Reliant once or twice a year. That's just dumb for a retractable roof. I get the 80 degree limit, since we have baked asphalt instead of frozen tundra. But the 50 degree lower limit is just asinine. For the same reason that 80 is pretty darn hot in the sun (little to no air movement), you can open the roof in December at Reliant (little to no wind chill).
Old 02-20-2011   #22
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Yahoo: Reliant Ranked #16 (and a dig at the team)

Who cares what some guy says about the stadium? He even says he has not been to them all.

I don't get why some times folks get riled up at articles like this....

Anyone of you could make up your own criteria and arbitrarily rate the stadiums
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #23
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30675 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ranking NFL Stadiums

Just look at these comments on what tailgating is like at Cowboys Stadium. It actually made me feel sympathy for their fans. That alone should keep Jerry's Clubhouse out of the top ten.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorOye View Post
while I think "shithole" is a bit strong a term for the Superdome, it was in dire need of changes - even since the changes made following Katrina.

The exterior now looks much better - with the roof work and the new exterior panels.

They are investing 85 million in interior renovations and the exterior grand staircase to get ready for the Saints, the BCS Championship and the NCAA Final Four next year and the 2013 Super Bowl:

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...ome_facel.html

here are some renderings of the changes:

long overdue, imo, and I'm glad to see the changes coming!
Ummm, a bunch of us went to the Texans pre-season game there and guess what?? It's still a shit hole... Granted, their fans were great the atmosphere rocked and we all had a fantastic time. That said, at the end of the day, it's still a shit hole...

Quote:
Give the people something to cheer about, and Iíll bump you up. Until then, nothing here really stands out. Sure, the actual stadium is nice, but how often do you hear people talking about Reliant the way they talk about Qwest or Lucas Oil?
When he's right, he's right. I can't really argue that logic...
Old 02-22-2011   #25
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 43676 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Ummm, a bunch of us went to the Texans pre-season game there and guess what?? It's still a shit hole... Granted, their fans were great the atmosphere rocked and we all had a fantastic time. That said, at the end of the day, it's still a shit hole...
[obligatory] Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm [/obligatory] you realize these are changes in the future, right? So last pre-season isn't what I'm talking about.

As I said - I think it was certainly in need of some changes. Dumpy - yea, in a lot of ways. Shithole, I think is strong, but if that's your word, okay.

But I'm not sure what your comment about a pre-season game in the past has to do with the planned renovations that weren't started back then and won't be completed for quite a while, yet.

Last edited by RazorOye; 02-22-2011 at 08:25 AM.
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011   #26
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
[obligatory] Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm [/obligatory] you realize these are changes in the future, right? So last pre-season isn't what I'm talking about.

As I said - I think it was certainly in need of some changes. Dumpy - yea, in a lot of ways. Shithole, I think is strong, but if that's your word, okay.

But I'm not sure what your comment about a pre-season game in the past has to do with the planned renovations that weren't started back then and won't be completed for quite a while, yet.
Yeah, because I don't remember the "major" renovations to the Astrodome. (and I love the Dome and miss the ole girl, but she too was a shithole).

My comments were based on the supposed renovations that took place after Katrina. Once a shithole, always a shit hole.
Old 02-22-2011   #27
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Ranking NFL Stadiums

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80128

My response:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who cares what some guy says about the stadium? He even says he has not been to them all.

I don't get why some times folks get riled up at articles like this....

Anyone of you could make up your own criteria and arbitrarily rate the stadiums
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-22-2011   #28
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
YUP... Pretty much agree.
Old 02-22-2011   #29
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 43676 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My comments were based on the supposed renovations that took place after Katrina.
In other words, totally unrelated to the renovations I was specifically talking about in my post.

Thanks for the clarification
Old 02-22-2011   #30
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
In other words, totally unrelated to the renovations I was specifically talking about in my post.

Thanks for the clarification
No worries.

We did have a blast, though. Can't wait to make that trip again, although the ride home seemed to be twice as long as the ride there.
Old 02-22-2011   #31
RazorOye
Ayo

Quote:
No worries.

We did have a blast, though. Can't wait to make that trip again, although the ride home seemed to be twice as long as the ride there.
hopefully the improvements to the interior will be more noticeable than the post-Katrina changes

but it's Louisiana, so probably 1/3 of the changes will actually happen and it will cost more than expected and the seats you bought tickets for will no longer exist
Old 02-22-2011   #32
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
while I think "shithole" is a bit strong a term for the Superdome, it was in dire need of changes - even since the changes made following Katrina.

The exterior now looks much better - with the roof work and the new exterior panels.

They are investing 85 million in interior renovations and the exterior grand staircase to get ready for the Saints, the BCS Championship and the NCAA Final Four next year and the 2013 Super Bowl:

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...ome_facel.html

here are some renderings of the changes:

long overdue, imo, and I'm glad to see the changes coming!
Bunch of racist! Only showing white people!
Old 02-22-2011   #33
z_man57
BBQ PitMaster

Rep Power: 0 z_man57 is a quality contributor and well respectedz_man57 is a quality contributor and well respectedz_man57 is a quality contributor and well respectedz_man57 is a quality contributor and well respectedz_man57 is a quality contributor and well respectedz_man57 is a quality contributor and well respectedz_man57 is a quality contributor and well respectedz_man57 is a quality contributor and well respectedz_man57 is a quality contributor and well respectedz_man57 is a quality contributor and well respectedz_man57 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Bunch of racist! Only showing white people!
Racist!!!

Only racists see color!!!

Keeping with the thread's topic...

What I see looks pretty cool, I'd be happy to attend.
z_man57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011   #34
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy doing stadium "reviews" sounds like a tool from the posts in this thread. His criteria is whack. I won't even bother checking out the site as I do not want to give him any traffic.

The basis for judging a football stadium should be directly correlated to, you know, actually watching a freakin' football game. Reliant has the closest sight-line of any NFL stadium. Simply meaning that no matter where you sit in it, you are closer to the action on the field than any other stadium out there. The seats are comfy even up in nosebleeds and we even have cupholders! +1 for Reliant where it should matter the most.

The concourses at Reliant are wonderful. I rarely feel trapped, even in crowds. The amount of outside light on the concourses is fantastic, and it really opens up the feeling of the concourses. There are plenty of refreshment places and lots of nice clean restrooms. Access is simple and has three options to the upper levels: escalator, ramps, or stairs. I can get from lvl 600 to the ground floor in a matter of minutes, even when the game just ended, if I take the stairs. +1 for Reliant on fan accommodation.

The grounds are top notched, and as a yellow lotter, I have always enjoyed the walk through the practice facility to get to the stadium. Location is good, being close to a freeway, but also easy to access from the city. Tailgating is top-notched, both from the aspect of fans and from an organizational support. I honestly don't believe it can be done better, even in the classic tailgating cities. +1 on grounds, location, tailgating accommodation.

As far as a destination spot, do we want a theme park or a badass stadium built to watch football games? While I'm sure Jerrah's palace is wonderful, I'll take Reliant any day as a hardcore football fan. I'm watching the game when I'm there, so all the other fluff is irrelevant to me.

I'm not sure what this moron is trying to evaluate when considering other factors to rate stadiums, but his opinion to me is about as worthless as tits on a boar-hog. I certainly won't waste my time reading any of his apparent drivel.
Old 02-23-2011   #35
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I like both Reliant and the new Cowboy Stadium. As a football fan in general I'll tell you that I was more impressed in person with JerryWorld than I ever thought I'd be. It was a beautiful place. Incredibly done and world class. That is whay I was surprised they tried to trick it up so much for the SB. I also think Reliant is a great venue and that it was very easy to get around and watch a game. Definitely higher than this ranking.
Old 02-23-2011   #36
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I like both Reliant and the new Cowboy Stadium. As a football fan in general I'll tell you that I was more impressed in person with JerryWorld than I ever thought I'd be. It was a beautiful place. Incredibly done and world class. That is whay I was surprised they tried to trick it up so much for the SB. I also think Reliant is a great venue and that it was very easy to get around and watch a game. Definitely higher than this ranking.
It looks like a really nice place and I certainly plan to visit it for a Texans pre-season game down the road.

However, and this is not a knock, I've been told that you feel really far away from the action if you sit in the cheap seats. I guess there is a reason whey they need 60 yard long television screens, 'eh?
Old 02-23-2011   #37
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It looks like a really nice place and I certainly plan to visit it for a Texans pre-season game down the road.

However, and this is not a knock, I've been told that you feel really far away from the action if you sit in the cheap seats. I guess there is a reason whey they need 60 yard long television screens, 'eh?
Maybe. I'm sure it is for some. I sat on the Silver Club Level. My brother that works for them has 2 seats to every game and that is where they are. I know Club level has a different feel but I thought convenience to bathrooms, bar, food, etc was incredible for a Sunday night game vs Eagles. I also thought the view we had was good. We were just below eye level of the jumbotron. Great view and seats. You do catch yourself watching the TV. It feels like 3D. If a player is looking at the camera and it is being shown it feels like you can reach out and touch it. Thus and incredible amount of gratuitous cheerleader shots during the game. Overall when I walked in I was amazed at the inner corridors with art work up, etc. It seemed louder than Texas stadium too. I definitely think everyone should at least go once to see what they think. Even as a Cowboy fan I wasn't prepared to love it but it exceeded expectations. I'll also say that there are some silly things that make the expereince "so Jerry" but you just laugh.(cage dancers)
Old 02-23-2011   #38
cdollaz
All Pro

Rep Power: 6353 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Our closing the roof when it gotta a little cold (perfect football weather) last year was pathetic and we deserve to drop a few spots because of that. That was embarassing.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011   #39
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 718 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

IDK if any of y'all noticed but this guy already said he's only been to 3 stadiums. So basically his opinion is irrelevant.
Old 02-23-2011   #40
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

its true we are not has loud and pack it like we used 2 i know it was the first game ... but remember our first game in 2002

it was packed and it was so loud it would knock the ball off the T during kick offs
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read