Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Flirting Ends: QB Tim Couch signs with Packers

Veteran
Packers | Couch Agrees to One-year Deal - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:39:20 -0700

FoxSportsNet's Jay Glazer reports the Green Bay Packers have agreed to terms with free agent QB Tim Couch (Browns) on a one-year, $1.25 million deal. The deal also includes incentives. While he hasn't officially signed the deal yet, he is expected to join the team in the next 48 to 72 hours.

This is just what Couch needs. The best thing for him would be if Favre decides to play two more years IMO. 2004 and 2005 spent backing up Brett and getting comfortable again. In two years he could take over and be ready to put on a show.

Last season I was kind of down on this guy and kind of thinking that he was the problem. After giving it some thought I've decided that the new Browns are the problem. There's something very wrong up there. After spending most of my life watching the Oilers I think I'm qualified to judge a dysfunctional franchise.

Why only a 1 year deal? Farve is done after this year, and with farves consecutive game record, i doubt couch will play, why not atleast a 2 yr deal?

There are clauses in the contract. I would guess that if Couch has a nice year it is only a one year deal, but if he sits it will be a longer deal. Thats what I am thinking because it would benefit Couch.

As far as I've heard it is just a one year deal. That is because Couch wants to be able to test the free agent market after this season in case Brett decides he wants to play another season. I guess he thinks he'll have a shot at another starting job should Brett stay on longer.

I think it was mentioned on 610 a few days ago (before this announcement) that a one year contract would be given so they would have a better chance to negotiate and come to a long term deal after this year plays out and all parties figure out what's going to happen.

Back