Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-18-2011   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Arian Foster on NFL Network

He was on the set of NFL Network talking about how he runs the ball, that he stayed in communication with Priest Holmes (who also was undrafted) and how he felt the team needs a different mindset to make the playoffs.

I really think Arian is going to be a very special player for us.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011   #2
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4862 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster on NFL Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
He was on the set of NFL Network talking about how he runs the ball, that he stayed in communication with Priest Holmes (who also was undrafted) and how he felt the team needs a different mindset to make the playoffs.

I really think Arian is going to be a very special player for us.
He also made a crack against the Combine, saying it was nothing more than a glorified horse show and that he wouldn't put much into the combine at all until they had a drill that measured heart. When he said that I was like "Oh Dang"
Old 02-18-2011   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
He also made a crack against the Combine, saying it was nothing more than a glorified horse show and that he wouldn't put much into the combine at all until they had a drill that measured heart. When he said that I was like "Oh Dang"
Personally, I couldn't agree more with Arian. Other than getting their physical measurements and going through the interview process it is a joke. All it does is make the NFL a bit more money and help pacify the fans during the off-season.

That said, I'm sure I'll watch some of it considering I go home every day for lunch
Old 02-18-2011   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

The Combine is only interesting in Madden
Old 02-18-2011   #5
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4862 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Personally, I couldn't agree more with Arian. Other than getting their physical measurements and going through the interview process it is a joke. All it does is make the NFL a bit more money and help pacify the fans during the off-season.

That said, I'm sure I'll watch some of it considering I go home every day for lunch
Oh I agreed with him too, I was just surprised he said it that's all.
Old 02-18-2011   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

The lad did well. Seems to have his head on reasonably straight.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011   #7
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I disagree. The combine is mainly good for baiting Al Davis.

I do think it's good for evaluating quarterbacks.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-19-2011   #8
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35188 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the combine is probably most valuable to us fans. Gives us a chance
to see some prospects for the first time, especially if we don't follow college ball that closely. Otherwise, Arian may be right, the teams may not learn anything about players they alreadu know, or need to know ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Seeing him in a kc helmet. Lol. Just think if us and Kansas swapped rb. Both teams got lucky scoring these guys IMO
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011   #10
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18100 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

How does it help the NFL make money?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011   #11
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
How does it help the NFL make money?
Television, and other media exposure
Old 02-21-2011   #12
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18100 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Television, and other media exposure
But the combine started way before the NFL network even started televising it. I seriously doubt the NFL makes any money from it.

Only a few die-hards that still comment on football forums in the offseason will probably catch a couple hours of the combine.
Old 02-21-2011   #13
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
But the combine started way before the NFL network even started televising it. I seriously doubt the NFL makes any money from it.

Only a few die-hards that still comment on football forums in the offseason will probably catch a couple hours of the combine.
I heard on the radio this morning that the combine drew more viewers that an entire week of MLB
Old 02-22-2011   #14
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I heard on the radio this morning that the combine drew more viewers that an entire week of MLB
I stand corrected!

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/02/1...-coverage.html

Sorry I had to look it up myself, but it's so hard to believe. Now they do mention baseball only on ESPN, which is three games a week. But still... I didn't know that much people watch the combine.

In all seriousness... we always talk about the guy that was drafted low, or undrafted, and talk about how these teams are all a bunch of idiots for passing guys like Arian Foster up. Why don't we ever mention the guys that the combine got right? I'm not a draft/combine expert, so I can't state a bunch of examples.... but I do know Chris Johnson's 4.28/40 propelled his stock and it did translate onto the football field.

Any other examples of where the combine got it right?
Old 02-23-2011   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Foster underwent minor arthroscopic knee surgery on his right knee today. Per McGobbler.

Quote:
RB Arian Foster underwent minor arthroscopic surgery on his right knee today to repair cartilage damage suffered in the Pro Bowl.
http://twitter.com/#!/McClain_on_NFL
Old 02-23-2011   #16
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Foster underwent minor arthroscopic knee surgery on his right knee today. Per McGobbler.

http://twitter.com/#!/McClain_on_NFL

Pro Bowl?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read