Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-17-2011   #21
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak has a Table for 10 at DENNY's!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Is it just me or is that an awfully compressed version of a Denny's menu?
He's so fat, it makes the menu look small.
Old 02-17-2011   #22
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
It always was a dumb criticism.
Yep,

There's plenty to critical of Gary about.

The Denny's menu would be very low on the list.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011   #23
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

The Denny's menu has been a symptom of a larger problem, IMO. He is so concerned with the offensive calls that it detracts from the big picture of managing the entire team.

Seems like it's really a question of leadership philosophy.

Parcells says once he got a HC job, then he had to lose the coordinator mindset. I doubt that Sean Payton agrees with that philosophy since he won a Super Bowl by calling his own offense.

To me, all that really matters is if Kubiak's style works or not. So far, it hasn't. All we can do as fans is to hope that the Wade Phillips hire works the same way as the Gregg Williams hire did.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011   #24
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 68516 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Rex got hungry while waiting so he ate half of the menu...
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011   #25
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Do these coaches hide behind it and then turn their back when big plays are about to happen? Maybe they have the adult menu with the Grand Slams and he has the kids menu. Just had to....
Old 02-17-2011   #26
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 89488 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
The Denny's menu has been a symptom of a larger problem, IMO. He is so concerned with the offensive calls that it detracts from the big picture of managing the entire team.

Seems like it's really a question of leadership philosophy.

Parcells says once he got a HC job, then he had to lose the coordinator mindset. I doubt that Sean Payton agrees with that philosophy since he won a Super Bowl by calling his own offense.

To me, all that really matters is if Kubiak's style works or not. So far, it hasn't. All we can do as fans is to hope that the Wade Phillips hire works the same way as the Gregg Williams hire did.
I've said this before. I heard ND Kalu talking one time on 610 (relax, its the easiest channel for me to pick up at work) and he said that at philly he never talked to Andy Reid. He said in 6 years there he only talked to the guy a handfull of times that Jimmy Johnson ran the defense like he was the HC. He said that the year they went to the SB that it was more like an offensive HC and a Defensive HC. The only time Reid got involved was if something was going drastically wrong.

I think that arrangement can work honestly. Great DC and Great OC. I don't know if we have it, but i guess we'll find out.

I wonder if the division is like that if the offense will get better. If the defense cracks the top 20 and the offense is any better this is a VERY scary team.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011   #27
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Who gives a fliying *uck! It is Wins/Losses that matter if there is a season. Everyone's mind and memory is unique. Whatever the hell triggers his memory to call the best play so be it. I am an OCD spreadsheet guy myself.

Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-17-2011   #28
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
The black guy in the white shirt right behind Kubiak is my old high school coach...

Coach Washington...

He's in charge of showing the players around the city and helping them locate housing...

I remember going to one of my high school games to watch my younger brother play and he brought Andre and Jacoby to the game...

They walked in right through the main entrance...I think me and my friend were the only people out there that recognized them
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011   #29
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cliff's Notes version........or maybe just the Kiddie Menu..........
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011   #30
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
That's the To-Go menu.
Actually, I think that's the portion of the menu that Rex ordered immediately after uttering the phrase "Now let's go eat a G-- D--- snack".
Old 02-17-2011   #31
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It's a perception thing, because it seems like Kubiak buries his head in his menu more than he interacts with players during games....especially with his habit of being 30 yards away from the LOS and his back turned on critical plays. Those are not normal traits of NFL head coaches in general.
Bingo. As Eric Clapton said, "It's in the way that you use it."
Old 02-17-2011   #32
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak has the kids menu though.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011   #33
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So a lot has been said about Kubiak's "Denny's menu" he carries during the games. A lot of talk about how real coaches don't need a color coded playsheet like that, and if he's been in the NFL for so long he should have his stuff memorized by now. Yet another reason why he's a terrible coach, right?

I just found it kind of interesting as I was scrolling through pictures of the most recent 2011 Playoff Coaches...

I guess Kubiak has some friends at his Denny's table.

Quote:
Super Bowl Champion...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Post whore!! You can fit 6 images in one post!!
Old 02-17-2011   #34
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
There's only one group of people that can change the fact that Kubiak is a loser, and you're not in it.
WELL CONSIDERING HE MAKES MILLIONS AND IS A COACH IN THE nfl I THINK THAT COUNTS HIM OUT AS ACTUALLY BEING A loser.
Old 02-17-2011   #35
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So a lot has been said about Kubiak's "Denny's menu" he carries during the games.

I just found it kind of interesting as I was scrolling through pictures of the most recent 2011 Playoff Coaches...

The problem is other coaches know what they already want to order.....Kubiak looks at his menu like he's dumbfounded and never ate at "the table of 10" before. Kubiak goes into the Dennys with no conviction and ends up getting his buns burned, because he orders some dumbass new entry that the cooks don't prepare often and Chris Brown ends up throwing his pigskin into the fryer.

Quote:
I guess Kubiak has some friends at his Denny's table.
Nope.....no he doesn't, he doesn't have any friends at that "table for ten". Kubiak isn't allowed to sit at their table, because they don't even acknowledge him and he isn't on their level. Kubiak is at the kiddie table trying to pick between the 4 crayons he was given and decide which one he's going to use on his "kiddie menu". He still doesn't know which one to grab to finish the puzzle and complete the maze that is "his" Houston Texans. While the grown ups are sitting across the room and are already enjoying their main course, Kubiak is still trying to figure out how to connect the dots with his "kids" at his table (aka "not the table for 10").

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 02-17-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011   #36
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
WELL CONSIDERING HE MAKES MILLIONS AND IS A COACH IN THE nfl I THINK THAT COUNTS HIM OUT AS ACTUALLY BEING A loser.
Nobody said he was a loser at life..

The guy is a LOSER of a NFL coach though and that's a fact.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 02-17-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think that man has ever struggled with a menu.
Old 02-17-2011   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
The black guy in the white shirt right behind Kubiak.....

You do realize they are all wearing white shirts...

They're all behind Kubiak...

Most of them are black....

??
Old 02-18-2011   #39
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

You do realize they are all wearing white shirts...

They're all behind Kubiak...

Most of them are black....

??
It's pretty obvious whom he was referring to. The other 2 guys are injured or deactivated players.
Old 02-18-2011   #40
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I think the post you've quoted was made in the "football bubble". He wasn't talking about Gary Kubiak the man, who by all accounts is a nice person and swell to work for. He was talking about Kubiak the head coach, who has a 37-43 record in five seasons. 37 < 43 = losing record.

If bank account is the only judge, then Ryan Leaf was a success in the NFL. But knowledgeable fans know better.

And yes, I did compare Kubiak to Leaf in a metaphorical sense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read