Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-16-2011   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Arian Foster Live Chat Now

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/1405#alert

Arian Foster, Houston Texans
Hey everyone! Glad to be with you guys today to chat. How is everyone? Shout out to all my Texans fans. Let's see what you guys got ...
Marion, Houston
5:04 PM ET
Who do you credit most for your break out season?
I would credit everyone from my linemen to my fullback to my coaching staff to my family for keeping me grounded. I'll leave a little bit of credit for myself, for working so hard!
DaChrisFish, Mississauga
5:06 PM ET
Everyone in my fantasy league laughed when I drafted and started you in week 1 of the regular season. How can I ever repay you?
With some of your fantasy winnings!! LOL!
Phil Johnson, Dallas,TX
5:06 PM ET
Personally your running style reminds me of a young Larry Johnson but what former or current RB do you get most compared to?
I don't like to compare my game to anyone, to tell you the truth. I like to think I add my own flavor to the game. ... But I've heard everything from Eric Dickerson to Larry Johnson and some others.
Coach Friz, Valmeyer, IL
5:08 PM ET
Wow, Arian, congratulations on the great year! What do you think was the key to your success this year that transformed you from just another Houston back to a League Rushing Title?
I would start with opportunity. I felt like I always had what it takes to play this game at a high level. I just never had the opportunity.
Greg, New York (From Houston, TX)
5:09 PM ET
Arian, Watching you run over defenses with ease was inspiring thing for us Texans fans. What would you like to see the yourself and the Texans run game improve upon next season to make sure you have another year like 2010?
Greg, I would really like to throw last year out of everyone's memory. What you've done in the past has nothing to do with what you will do. You can't put anything in the bank from last year. No one cares about what you did before.
Mark, savannah, ga
5:10 PM ET
Arian, how will you prepare for next year, now that teams will be more aware of the run game when they face the texans?
I don't think so, I think they saw about midseason what our running game was capable of. Andre Johnson was hurt for most of the season and we had to rely heavily on the run game. I think people knew what we had last season.
Rudso, California
5:11 PM ET
Congrats on one fine season Mr. Foster! I'm a fan of your smooth running style. What are some of your favorite activities during the offseason?
Rudso, it starts with R&R. Then spending some time with my little daughter, watching Word World and some Barney. Just hanging out with my family.
Chris, NJ
5:12 PM ET
So what was the best advice anyone gave you for last season?
I would say "Don't listen to anybody. Positive or negative. Set a goal, and look at it every day." But that's really advice I've gotten over the years. Everyone has advice ... especially those who haven't been there before!!
Zach, Chicago
5:13 PM ET
I read an article about your interest in poetry. Who is your favorite poet?
Hey Zach. I try to be. My favorite is Saul Williams. He's contemporary.
Josh, Amherst, MA
5:14 PM ET
Dear Arian Foster, Thank you so much for being an animal and leading me to victory in my fantasy football league.
Hey Josh, thanks for the support! Hope I can help you out next year.
Darcee, Chicago
5:15 PM ET
Breaking the 1,000 yard is a big accomplishment and being an undrafted rookie. How does it feel to show the teams that didn't draft you, that you could be a productive running back in the league.
I think my play does it for myself. I'm not really a vindictive person, I think more than anything it's about proving it to myself. If you walk around trying to prove something to everyone, you're bound to fail.
Eric, Idaho
5:16 PM ET
Who were your favorite running backs growing up? How have they influenced your running style?
Hey Eric, in no order I have Walter Payton, Jim Brown, Eric Dickerson, Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders ... you know, all the greats.
Ben, NY
5:18 PM ET
Jessica Alba or Angelina Jolie?
Got some love for you Ben ... Jessica Alba.
Naithan Stubbs, England
5:19 PM ET
The Texans offence was absolutely explosive last year! But the defence let you down on so many occasions (Jags late game hail mary springs to mind). With Wade Phillips as the new D coordinator, realistically how much of an improvement do you think this will make, and how far do you think the Texans can go?
I think any improvement as a player is on the player. I think the coach can only coach you so much. If you don't put in the work yourself, it won't happen. I think it's up to each person on our team to want to get better as an individual.
Ben, NY
5:21 PM ET
good pick brotha!
LOL!
Jerry, Maryland
5:22 PM ET
Favorite movie?
Hey Jerry ... The Last Samurai ... Ratatouille (don't judge) ... Scarface ... The Lion King.
Andy, NY
5:25 PM ET
Congrats on winning the rushing title! Would you trade it in for a playoff spot?
Hey Andy ... If I'm still playing, then yes. I don't want to watch from the sidelines though!
Zach Green, North Carolina
5:26 PM ET
Favorite kind of music, artist, and song right now?
Favorite kind of music has gotta be hip-hop. Favorite artist right now ... I do love the art music overall. I can't limit it to one right now. Here's what's on my Ipod right now ... last play was Pharoahe Marx. I see some Tupac. Andre 3000, without a doubt (if I HAD to pick a favorite, it would be him). Kanye West. And Bobby McFerrin. He's great, don't sleep on him.
Dan, DC
5:29 PM ET
Congrats on your breakout season! I'm still amazed you were not drafted. Whats your advice for aspiring football players
Hey Dan. My advice would be to be willing to die for your dream. Don't listen to the dream killers, even if you love them.
tyler moseley, newburgh
5:32 PM ET
do u think that the texans will make playoffs this year
Hey Tyler. We're working toward it, I can say that!!!
Hey everyone, my time is up. Thank you all for your support and sending in all your questions. I had a great time. Thanks!

Last edited by srrono; 02-16-2011 at 04:36 PM.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster Live Chat Now

Good read, glad to see him get the attention he deserves
Old 02-16-2011   #3
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster Live Chat Now

Thanks for posting. Enjoyed it.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read