Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-16-2011   #21
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper 2.0

Everytime I see Gabbert going that high I want to throw up in my mouth a little.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011   #22
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Wrong.

"take advantage of Matt Schaub's growth INTO an elite quarterback"

"Into" is used to connote that he is on his way and not there yet. Same with the word "growth"..as in needing more work to get there or getting there.
We will just have to agree to disagree then.

Last edited by Jackie Chiles; 02-16-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Jackie Chiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011   #23
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Everytime I see Gabbert going that high I want to throw up in my mouth a little.
this is not the year to be drafting a starting QB.

this QB class = trash
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011   #24
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Bleh... Not going to pass on Quinn for a WR of Joneses talent.
I'll agree with that. I would take Quinn over Jones in this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Hell I would take Houston and Ayers over that dude. Basically I want an OLB round 1. Schaub doesnt need Julio to become elite. You either are, or you arent. Besides he already has the best WR in the game. And OD coming back will help him out big time. Basically there wont be enough footballs for more than AJ, OD and KW.
I can't agree with that. I have Jones rated higher than Houston and Ayers, and I agree with Kiper that Jones would be a good fit. Kevin Walter doesn't deserve a roster spot unchallenged. He will be 30 next year and Jones is an upgrade over not only Walter but every other receiver on the Texans roster not named Andre Johnson.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011   #25
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
ha, nice one daddy-O
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011   #26
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Cant find the thread,but I had Jones in my last mock as well.

Jones is BPA at this point in the draft and it would be a smart move for the Texans to take him. That's why Gary and Rick wont take him. LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011   #27
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
...Jones is an upgrade...
An upgrade. The Texans need starting OLBs, NT, CBs, and safeties. But they can afford to spend a #1 on an upgrade at WR?

I do believe that one out of Quinn, Miller, or Amukamara will be available at #11. That's because some of these QBs will be overdrafted. Root for guys like Gabbert, Newton, and Mallett to have great combines and/or workouts. Two of these guys need to come off the board in the top 10 picks.
Old 02-16-2011   #28
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
An upgrade. The Texans need starting OLBs, NT, CBs, and safeties. But they can afford to spend a #1 on an upgrade at WR?

I do believe that one out of Quinn, Miller, or Amukamara will be available at #11. That's because some of these QBs will be overdrafted. Root for guys like Gabbert, Newton, and Mallett to have great combines and/or workouts. Two of these guys need to come off the board in the top 10 picks.
agree about one of houstons big three being there at 11, wouldn't suprise me if all three of those qbs are gone before 11. jones would be a nice pick if those three were off the board, kevin in the slot might work with jones and aj outside

Last edited by ATXtexanfan; 02-16-2011 at 08:11 PM. Reason: none
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011   #29
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

But if Quinn, Miller, or Amukamara are not there who are you taking?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011   #30
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
But if Quinn, Miller, or Amukamara are not there who are you taking?
If those guys are gone, then a QB has to still be on the board. Minnesota would be poised to take that QB @12, so anyone wanting QB would look at the Texans pick @11.

If Jones is there, that pick could be valuable. The Pats have to be desperate for a playmaking WR and have the ammo to move up. In fact, moving all the way down to #28 and picking up the first pick in the 2nd round @33 would be a fair trade. Having 3 picks between 28 and 42 would help Wade Phillips fill holes that the 3-4 conversion will create.

If none of those scenarios materialize, I would select Justin Houston from Georgia. Houston doesn't have the body of work that Miller has, but his game may translate better to the NFL. I think Houston ends up going much higher than the internet mockers are currently suggesting (late 1st/early 2nd).
Old 02-20-2011   #31
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Great news!

Guarantees Texans will NOT be drafting JJ.

Kiper is the best draft anti-barometer on the planet!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011   #32
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm on this wagon. I'm hearing too many great things about this dude. I'm thinking with FA being after the draft, we can bolster positions with good players. Andre's been hurt two seasons in a row. I'm not expecting him to tough it out anymore, I'm also not liking KW these days, Jacoby is just streaky, and then there's nothing after that. If a stud WR is available that can add to our offense, and no top CB or OLB is still available, I say pull the trigger and get this guy!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011   #33
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I'm on this wagon. I'm hearing too many great things about this dude.
I'm thinking after his combine workout, he's going top 7. We won't have a chance to get him.

Good news, if he's going 7, that drops several defensive players down one slot. Figure at least one QB goes in the top 10 & that will drop 2 top ten defensive talents right in our laps.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read