Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-16-2011   #1
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kiper 2.0

Carolina Panthers
Record: 2-14
* Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn

Denver Broncos
Record: 4-12
* Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson

Buffalo Bills
* Cam Newton, QB, Auburn

Cincinnati Bengals
* A.J. Green, WR, Georgia

Arizona Cardinals
Record: 5-11
*Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M

Cleveland Browns
Record: 5-11
* J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin

San Francisco 49ers
Record: 6-10
* Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU

Tennessee Titans
* Marcell Dareus, DE, Alabama

Dallas Cowboys
*Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska

Washington Redskins
* Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri

Houston Texans
* Julio Jones, WR, Alabama

Minnesota Vikings
Record:6-10
* Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina

Detroit Lions
*Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado

St. Louis Rams
Record: 7-9
* Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois

Miami Dolphins
* Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

Jacksonville Jaguars
Record: 8-8
* Aldon Smith, OLB, Missouri

New England Patriots (from Oakland)
Record: 14-2
*Cameron Jordan, DE, California

San Diego Chargers
Record: 9-7
* Tyron Smith, OT, USC

New York Giants
Record: 10-6
*Nate Solder, OT, Colorado

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
*Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa

Kansas City Chiefs
* Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA

Indianapolis Colts
*Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College

Philadelphia Eagles
*Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin

New Orleans Saints
Record: 11-5
* Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple

Seattle Seahawks
*Mike Pouncey, G/C, Florida

Baltimore Ravens
Record: 12-4
* Aaron Williams, CB, Texas

Atlanta Falcons
Record: 13-3
*Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue

New England Patriots
Record: 14-2
* Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland

Chicago Bears
*Ben Ijalana, OT, Villanova

New York Jets
* Rahim Moore, S, UCLA

Pittsburgh Steelers
Record: 12-4
*Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio St.

Green Bay Packers
* Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011   #2
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper 2.0

julio jones, well its a new idea
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011   #3
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kiper explains -

Julio Jones, WR, Alabama

I can see Houston looking here for a fit at outside linebacker as well -- and I expect some surprised Texans fans -- but Jones is a hunch call as a perfect option to take some of the pressure off Andre Johnson. Jones has Johnson's size and as a physical receiver brings his lunch pail as a blocker. He can stretch the field, can work underneath and isn't a distant second to Green in terms of overall talent. A good option to take advantage of Matt Schaub's growth into an elite quarterback.

I wouldn't hate it if it happened!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

He even says that Texans fans would be surprised but that the guy takes pressure of AJ, can block really well and is physical. Can make Schaub elite..his words.

Edit: Must have been sumamrizing when you wrote texanfan2002
Old 02-16-2011   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
julio jones, well its a new idea
not quite. http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...01#post1649101

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt if Quinn were to fall #11 Texans would bypass maybe the top comparable to Demarcus Ware. Of course I had him off my board when I made the Jones selection.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011   #7
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
He even says that Texans fans would be surprised but that the guy takes pressure of AJ, can block really well and is physical. Can make Schaub elite..his words.

Edit: Must have been sumamrizing when you wrote texanfan2002
Not to be too nit-picky but those aren't his words. He says getting Jones could take advantage of Schaub's (already) elite status. I don't really want to start an argument over Schaub either, I'm just pointing out that the statement is a little bit off.

As for Jones, I wouldn't mind us drafting him but I would mind taking him with Robert Quinn still available. Also, thats the 2nd mock I have seen today (the other being http://draftcountdown.com/) that has JJ Watt going in the top 10. Is he legit or is he the next Adam Carriker?
Old 02-16-2011   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

If the draft were to unfold this way, it would be very tempting to trade up with Cleveland for either Dareus or Peterson.
Old 02-16-2011   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Not to be too nit-picky but those aren't his words. He says getting Jones could take advantage of Schaub's (already) elite status. I don't really want to start an argument over Schaub either, I'm just pointing out that the statement is a little bit off.

As for Jones, I wouldn't mind us drafting him but I would mind taking him with Robert Quinn still available. Also, thats the 2nd mock I have seen today (the other being http://draftcountdown.com/) that has JJ Watt going in the top 10. Is he legit or is he the next Adam Carriker?
Wrong.

"take advantage of Matt Schaub's growth INTO an elite quarterback"

"Into" is used to connote that he is on his way and not there yet. Same with the word "growth"..as in needing more work to get there or getting there.

With that said, I think another WR would move him up. No debate on Schaub except I agree with Kiper that he can grow into one. Just not there yet...cut the turnovers and have a #2

I still think when your defense stinks and you have alot of holes there you fill it. There are 2-3 DE/LB type guys that I think fill the void.
Old 02-16-2011   #10
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont think we need to go offense in the first round. Either trade up or trade down...
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Wrong.

"take advantage of Matt Schaub's growth INTO an elite quarterback"

"Into" is used to connote that he is on his way and not there yet. Same with the word "growth"..as in needing more work to get there or getting there.
Kind of a silly argument but I read it the same way as Jackie. I think he meant Schaub has grown into an elite QB over the last couple seasons and this move would take advantage of it.

Please nobody respond to me that this is in any way a claim by me that Schaub is elite.
Old 02-16-2011   #12
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Kind of a silly argument but I read it the same way as Jackie. I think he meant Schaub has grown into an elite QB over the last couple seasons and this move would take advantage of it.

Please nobody respond to me that this is in any way a claim by me that Schaub is elite.
Thats how I read it as well, and I think thats what he intended to say.

I still have a hard time seeing us go offense in the first round. This pick would help us out a lot though, so it may not be too far fetched.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011   #13
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Bleh... Not going to pass on Quinn for a WR of Joneses talent.

Hell I would take Houston and Ayers over that dude. Basically I want an OLB round 1. Schaub doesnt need Julio to become elite. You either are, or you arent. Besides he already has the best WR in the game. And OD coming back will help him out big time. Basically there wont be enough footballs for more than AJ, OD and KW.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I won't throw a fit if we take Jones, even though I have him rated about #15.

But if Quinn (my #6) is still on the board when we do it then I would not be happy at all.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
I dont think we need to go offense in the first round. Either trade up or trade down...
I don't think it's about need. Take the BPA, infuse your team with talent.

I'm not opposed to a trade down or anything like that. But if Jones is there, I'd take him. Move Walters to the slot, & watch the fud out.

It's only a matter of time, before our offense suffers from a lack of talent.
Old 02-16-2011   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

Agree completely, it is silly and I didn't make my statement to debate Schaub. But when I see someone say that it will help a person's "growth into an elite QB" it means they are growing into an elite QB to me. Getting "into" that status. At age 16 I was growing into 6'1. Anyways, that is how I see it. Doesn't matter, I think it is a bad pick for that spot.
Old 02-16-2011   #17
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't think it's about need. Take the BPA, infuse your team with talent.

I'm not opposed to a trade down or anything like that. But if Jones is there, I'd take him. Move Walters to the slot, & watch the fud out.

It's only a matter of time, before our offense suffers from a lack of talent.
I think one of the texans problems is that they reach for need instead of drafting bpa. Drafting jones would pretty much set this offense and let us devote the rest of our draft to d. If quinn is on the board tho I'd be surprised if they passed on him.
Old 02-16-2011   #18
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Lock either Nmandi or Rogers up and you could justify getting Julio.
Spend the rest of the draft on defense and depth.
Old 02-16-2011   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Kiper's a moron. That's all I have to say about that
Old 02-16-2011   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Alot of people on this board have pointed out that our offense is still not elite and even Richard Justice showed how our offense couldn't get it's but in gear. I've stated for a while now that we need another receiver to compliment AJ because Walter is no longer doing it and Jacoby seems stuck as the 3rd option. Our team was bad last year and even though our defense had the most glaring wholes it's pretty safe to say that AJ has now either played hurt or not played because he's hurt. Having another threat will help our offense stay on the field and keep that crap of a defense off of it.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read