Join Date: May 2004
Rep Power: 11
1st rd (with trades)
1. San Francisco - Aaron Rodgers - QB - Cal
2. *Minnesota - Braylon Edwards - WR - Michigan
3. Cleveland - Alex Smith - QB - Utah
4. Chicago - Ronnie Brown - RB - Auburn
5. Tampa Bay - Mike Williams - WR - USC
6. Tennessee - Antrel Rolle - CB - Miami
7. Miami - Carnell Williams - RB - Auburn
8. Arizona - Cedric Benson - RB - Texas
9. Washinton- Carlos Rogers - CB - Auburn
10. *Kansas City - Adam Jones - CB - West Virginia
11. *Houston- Derrick Johnson - OLB - Texas
12. San Diego - Shawne Merriman - OLB - Maryland
13. Dallas - Marcus Spears - DE - LSU
14. Carolina - Troy Williamson - WR - South Carolina
15. Detroit - David Pollack - DE - Georgia
16. New Orleans - Thomas Davis - OLB - Georgia
17. *Atlanta-Travis Johnson - DT - Florida State
18. Miami - Alex Barron - OT - Florida State
19. St. Louis - Jamaal Brown - OT - Oklahoma
20. Dallas - Mark Clayton - WR - Oklahoma
21. Jacksonville - Marlin Jackson - CB - Michigan
22. Baltimore - Shaun Cody - DT - USC
23. Seattle - Erasmus James - DE - Wisconsin
24. Green Bay - Channing Crowder - LB - Florida
25. Denver - Justin Miller - CB - Clemson
26. New York Jets - Khalif Barnes -OL- Washington
27. Cincinnati - Heath Miller - TE - Virginia
28. San Diego - Roddy White -WR- UAB
29. Indianapolis - Fabian Washington- CB -Nebraska
30. Pittsburgh - Matt Jones -TE/WR - Arkansas
31. Philadelphia - Justin Tuck - DE - Notre Dame
32. New England- Elton Brown-OG-Virgina
Minnesota trades # 7 and #18 to Miami for #2 (Minnesota's biggest need is WR and both top recievers might be gone by 7)
KC trades #15 and #46 to Detroit for #10 and a future 3rd (KC desperately needs a top CB)
Houston trades #13 and #77 to Dallas for #11 (a little much but we get DJ)
Atlanta trades #27 and #59 Cincinnati for #17 (Atlanta needs playmakers on defense)
Houston 7 round:
1: Derrick Johnson-LB-need no explanation
2: David Baas C-OG-youth at C
3: Antonio Perkins CB/KR-depth at DB and a KR
4: James Butler S-Depth in defensive backfield
5: Rob Petitte OT-was able to shut out Freeney in College
6: Sione Pouha DT-Depth along DL
7: Nehemiah Broughton RB-Power Back to compliment DD and Hollings
Join Date: Apr 2004
Rep Power: 685
I like all of the Texans picks...You should've thrown someone like Charlie Frye in there so I'd have something to criticize...
Smoke 'em if you got 'em...
Last edited by D-ReK; 04-12-2005 at 03:00 AM.
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: St.George, Ontario
Rep Power: 10
Great mock! we trade up to get D.J and still wind up getting Baas and a possible future playmaker on defense and speacial teams in Perkins. If we go for RB With our 7th rounder I would love to see Jesse Lumsden from McMaster University in Ontario Canada. Nine teams were at his work out in Toronto where they saw the 233 pound back run the 40 in about 4.40 he also ran for a canadian records in touchdowns and yards somewhere around 2000 (yards) I know that the Canadian university football is not on par with our American brothers to the south but this guy is an animal with tonnes of upside, he will not cost you much and he'll bring a great attitude. He actually had offers from U.S. schools but stayed in Canada so he could play RB. (some schools wanted him as a LB).
Well it is wishful thinking to say johnson will be there at # 11.
You see if Minnesota trades up they will get Mike Williams.... but there will be a bidding war between Minnesota and Philadelphia for Williams. Dont be surprised to see Philadelphia trade up into the #2 or #3 spot and get the other one not selected. They do have enough picks to make it worth both Cleveland and Miami's worth.
1 problem i do see is i think there is no way cleveland goes QB in 1st round. They have Dilfer who will be there for 1-2 years so i think Crennel will do his defense first. Remember he is a defense Coordinator and there is a phrase offense will win you a game but defense will win you a championship. I think if they dont trade down they will go either Derrick Johnson or Shawne Merriman.
Plus i think Tenneesee wants to trade down and get xtra picks since they released their whole team. Look for the saints to move up and try and get Johnson with the 6th pick. If Titans stay there they would go Pac-man not Rolle.
What i am trying to say on Johnson dont be surprised if another teams trades up infront of us and gets him. I think if he there by 6 the Titans will either take him or trade to a team that will but he has to get by Cleveland 1st.
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Southeast Houston
Rep Power: 10
i will go streaking along the Seawall out of excitement, and trust me you don't want to see a 50 year old man streaking.
2007 NBA Champs- Rockets- 55+ wins
Coach of the Year- Jeff Van Gundy
MVP- Tracy Mcgrady
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|