Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-15-2011   #21
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Washington Redskins Comprehensive Mock Draft DataBase

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
A lot of people would have drafted Winston in the 2nd, so it's not like you were way off on that one. He definitely had second round talent at least. I don't remember why he fell to the 3rd, but I think it was because of an injury concern. IIRC he had a knee injury in college.
Winston Justice had a similar free fall (if you call the 2nd round a free fall)...I wanted the Texans to take him in the 2nd as well.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011   #22
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I've seen Dareus at #2 in alot of mocks. No way this happens

As for Jimmy Smith vs Prince I saw a really good breakdown on ESPN Insider the other day and Prince didn't hold up against top tier competition and the numbers bore that out compared to Smith and the Miami kid, Brandon Harris. They did all their metrics against top schools and Princes YPA was horrible and would have qualified for 70th out of 98 NFL DBs last year.
Old 04-15-2011   #23
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
A lot of people would have drafted Winston in the 2nd, so it's not like you were way off on that one. He definitely had second round talent at least. I don't remember why he fell to the 3rd, but I think it was because of an injury concern. IIRC he had a knee injury in college.
Apparently not anybody that was employed by an NFL Front Office in 2006. His arms are short as hell and he had an injury. Most people said he'd make a good RT but a terrible LT in the NFL (He played LT at Miami I believe) and you really don't take RT's in the 2nd unless they are going to be really good by your evaluation.

That's my thinking on it anyway.

E: About CB's: I think a better option would be to just grab a veteran DB for back there. I'm not really in love with any secondary player at #11 besides Peterson. I think the bulk of the elite talent rests within the DL this year and there will more than likely be one available that would be a good pick at #11. This is why I'm not really as mad about the Jackson pick because for the most part, they got the position right, he happened to be one of the worst rookies that was a starter. Whether that's an indictment for the rest of his career is yet to be seen in my eyes. I think I much rather would've had him win defensive rookie of the year and then get popped for 'roids than perform as he did last year.
Old 04-15-2011   #24
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
...and you really don't take RT's in the 2nd...
11 starting RTs in 2010 were drafted in the 2nd round. That's a higher representation than any other round for RTs.
Old 04-16-2011   #25
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
11 starting RTs in 2010 were drafted in the 2nd round. That's a higher representation than any other round for RTs.
Cherry picking a single year. In 2008 there were like 7 LT's drafted in the first round. That obviously does not mean that in 2006 anybody had a 2nd round grade on Winston (hint: they didn't).
Old 04-16-2011   #26
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Cherry picking a single year. In 2008 there were like 7 LT's drafted in the first round. That obviously does not mean that in 2006 anybody had a 2nd round grade on Winston (hint: they didn't).
You missed my point. In the 2010 season, 11 of the 32 starting tackles in the league were former 2nd round selections. In essence, the NFL disagrees with your assertion that RTs aren't to be selected in the 2nd round.

Hint: If a team passes on a player in a particular round, it doesn't mean they don't have the player graded high. They may have another player rated higher or a player rated similarly, but at position of greater need.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read