Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-13-2011   #1
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Washington Redskins Comprehensive Mock Draft DataBase

http://www.hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Washington Redskins Comprehensive Mock Draft DataBase

Wouldn't mind if the draft unfolded this way.

11. Houston (6-10)- Marcel Dareus- DT- Alabama

- I am shocked with the way this mock has shaped up and the fact that a top 5 talent like Dareus is still available here. Dareus' versatility will allow Wade Phillips to use him all along the defensive front.
Old 02-13-2011   #3
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
11. Houston (6-10)- Marcel Dareus- DT- Alabama
A little day-dreaming there JB ? BTW, I like those initials.
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011   #4
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

dareus @ 11 would be too good to be true. smith and kubiak wouldn't know what to do and pass on him.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
A little day-dreaming there JB ? BTW, I like those initials.
Wasn't my mock. But I would like to see the draft unfold in that way.
Old 02-13-2011   #6
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
dareus @ 11 would be too good to be true. smith and kubiak wouldn't know what to do and pass on him.
Be it Dareus/Jones/Houston/Smith or whoever else, I hope they take the BPA and quit the habit of reaching to fill a need.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this draft is deeper than it seems at first.
The more I watched, the more talents I discovered!
There's no telling who will be available at our spot.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-14-2011   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I actually do to. It's always one of those "the grass is greener" kind of feelings no matter where you're selecting. No matter where you select in the 1st it's easy to have the feeling that you're going to miss out on "the special talents" and you're "it's too early to select some of the other guys".

In regards to Marcel Dareus... he would be one of those selections that, while not sexy and "kind of boring", he would bring so much to the DL and make it successful. I think he's one of the best DL in the draft and there's too many teams in front of us that could use him. I would love the selection though. He'd be a longterm fixture here.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011   #9
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
What up 76?

How are you scouting the players? DVR? Youtube vids?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011   #10
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

We would pass on him and take Jimmy Smith CB Colorado.
Old 02-18-2011   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
What up 76?

How are you scouting the players? DVR? Youtube vids?
Sorry I haven't seen this post sooner.
How ya doing Shaft?

I got the games from tenyard during the season, watch a few here and there; and when the regular season ends, I started going hard at them.
(It does take a lot of effort during the season but it becomes a habit.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011   #12
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 74835 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just thought i would go through some of these sites and see what is being projected at #11.

Prince Amukamara x 9
Aldon Smith x 9
JJ Watt x 9
Robert Quinn x 6
Cameron Jordan x 6
Da'Quan Bowers x 2
Phil Taylor x 1
Marcell Dareus x 1
Nick Fairley x 1
Corey Liuget x 1
Aaron Williams x 1
Jimmy Smith x 1

That is all I could be bothered going through.
Old 04-14-2011   #13
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Not surprising that many of the mocks have prince falling to us. For some reason, i think he'll fall to us as well.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Not surprising that many of the mocks have prince falling to us. For some reason, i think he'll fall to us as well.
with that in mind I've been going back to tape of Jimmy Smith, CB Colorado & wonder, off field issues aside, if he's actually not only better but this years Darrelle Revis?

laugh if you want, but Darrelle move up draft boards late. rated #16th overall prospect (ourlads). not sure about Smith (still waiting for grade?) but on film he is far more impressive than Prince Amukamara with Peterson still holding the edge as top cover corner. He is the one player (wildcard) who could surprise everybody come draft day.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011   #15
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 74835 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I love any scenario in which Dareus falls to us, and hate one that has us taking Phil Taylor.
Old 04-14-2011   #16
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
with that in mind I've been going back to tape of Jimmy Smith, CB Colorado & wonder, off field issues aside, if he's actually not only better but this years Darrelle Revis?

laugh if you want, but Darrelle move up draft boards late. rated #16th overall prospect (ourlads). not sure about Smith (still waiting for grade?) but on film he is far more impressive than Prince Amukamara with Peterson still holding the edge as top cover corner. He is the one player (wildcard) who could surprise everybody come draft day.
Yeah, i wouldn't be thrilled with amukamara but i could live with him being our #1 @ 11. Jimmy Smith @ 11? not so much. If we take him we have to move down around 16 or later for me to feel comfortable with his selection in the 1st.
Old 04-14-2011   #17
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19314 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I actually do to. It's always one of those "the grass is greener" kind of feelings no matter where you're selecting. No matter where you select in the 1st it's easy to have the feeling that you're going to miss out on "the special talents" and you're "it's too early to select some of the other guys".
Yes, I know this feeling, and you're right - it happens every year.

Also, almost every year, there is some player that on draft day "falls" to the Texans (not always 1st round), and then I get all excited that they will draft him, and then he gets passed up. There are only two cases I remember where I felt that someone I had expected to be long gone had "fallen" to us, and we actually drafted him: Amobi Okoye and Eric Winston (I had thought Winston was a good candidate for the 2nd round pick!).
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011   #18
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
Yes, I know this feeling, and you're right - it happens every year.

Also, almost every year, there is some player that on draft day "falls" to the Texans (not always 1st round), and then I get all excited that they will draft him, and then he gets passed up. There are only two cases I remember where I felt that someone I had expected to be long gone had "fallen" to us, and we actually drafted him: Amobi Okoye and Eric Winston (I had thought Winston was a good candidate for the 2nd round pick!).
swing & a miss!
Old 04-15-2011   #19
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19314 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
swing & a miss!
No kidding. When you consider I would have drafted Winston in the 2nd, instead of waiting until the 3rd, it should be clear that I have no business evaluating draft picks. I still think I'd have done a better job than the Texans over the last few years, though!
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011   #20
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
No kidding. When you consider I would have drafted Winston in the 2nd, instead of waiting until the 3rd, it should be clear that I have no business evaluating draft picks. I still think I'd have done a better job than the Texans over the last few years, though!
A lot of people would have drafted Winston in the 2nd, so it's not like you were way off on that one. He definitely had second round talent at least. I don't remember why he fell to the 3rd, but I think it was because of an injury concern. IIRC he had a knee injury in college.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read