Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-11-2005   #1
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default DeMarcus Ware the Dunta Robinson of this years draft?

If ya think about it... he fits the bill. He has been shooting up mocks and has been projected as the #11-13 pick in a number of them.

he is "relatively" unknown.. since he has not been widely accepted as a top of the first draft pick.

He seems to fit the LBs we are trying to build. Hes very fast.. a good pass rusher.. smart i hear. Dunno about his personality but i imagine it is fairly good cause I hear that the Texans have shown interest in him.

I could see us drafting Ware at #13 .. and it getting a similar response from the fans as Dunta got last year.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005   #2
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Capers was at his pro-day. Makes you wonder.
Old 04-11-2005   #3
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

The only knock I've heard on this guy was that he played in the Sun Belt Conference and regularly played teams like Middle Tennessee State...I wouldn't complain if he were our pick, though...
Old 04-11-2005   #4
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

no complaint here
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005   #5
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

What position does he play or do you have like a link to his profile?

O look its my 200th post!
Old 04-11-2005   #6
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

he would play OLB
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005   #7
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

He'd be an OLB, but he played mostly DE in college.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-11-2005   #8
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
What position does he play or do you have like a link to his profile?

O look its my 200th post!
Here's the
LINK to Ware's profile on NFL.Com...
Old 04-11-2005   #9
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

That guy sounds good wouldn't mind pickin him up in the draft.
O thanx for the info and links.
Old 04-11-2005   #10
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

This is a comparison of Babin and Ware during their senior year:

Babin stats:

113 tackles, 33 Tackles for loss, 15 sacks

Ware stats:

47 tackles, 18 tackles for loss, 10.5 sacks

Old 04-11-2005   #11
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Ware's numbers are decent, but they're certainly not Babinian...Could it be we're just buying into the Demarcus Ware hype machine?

Oh and BTW, where'd you get their college stats from? I haven't been able to find college stats anywhere...
Old 04-12-2005   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Demarcus Ware maybe the Dunta Robinson of this years draft. Dunta going into the last two weeks or so of the draft was just begining to slide into the 1st round, some had him as high as #22 overall, but the 3rd rated cb. until the last week when rumors of the Texans being very interested in him at the 10th pick. Demarcus Ware is already graded out as the 13th best prospect in this draft which may raise a red flag if the Texans hope he will still be there when they select, which is not all that different than last year.

As far as making the sort of rookie impact as Dunta would be hard to imagine, but I get the feeling he could duplicate the feat. I believe he could electrify the crowd and his teamates with his athleticism and ability to make plays from the backside (something Derrick Johnson excelled at) better than expected pass coverage and excellent size 6'4" 255 lbs / speed 4.58-59. there maybe only a Jonathan Vilma type ahead of him when all is said & done, so I don't have any reservations in selecting him to be the next Texan star!
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005   #13
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

I was bored and was bouncing around the net when I found this article from HPF on Ware that includes a very good interview with Mike Perrin of the Birmingham News...If you haven't read it, I suggest you do...
Old 04-12-2005   #14
outofhnd
All Pro

This is why our scouting dept is tops in the league.

all these players sliding up the draft boards we already knew about.
Old 04-12-2005   #15
The Preacher
Veteran

Hard to believe he could be the player Pollack is. Obviously faster top end speed but quickness no one is faster than Pollack. Would he play ILB at 255 lbs. I would think so? Strength isn't superior and hardly has the track record of Pollack. Maybe he is next Vilma I just worry we try to hit jackpot again with late draft riser and miss. If he is ILB he wouldn't even be main pass rusher which is his strength. Sorry to sound nervous Ware just doesn't seem to be a surefire lock which at #13 you need good value or you set the franchise back. I am not pushing Pollack and I definitely know little and said Dunta? Just seems questionable but I like the idea of a more intense D. What if Rogers and Ware are both there?
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005   #16
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

if its out of him or Rogers? Rogers without a doubt! hes a taller version of DROB. he likes to hit and he could be the replacement for Glenn.
Old 04-12-2005   #17
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

totally agree with you...if you give me a choice between carlos rogers or demarcus ware i'll be taking rogers everytime...could you imagine rogers and d-rob as our starting duo for years to come
Old 04-12-2005   #18
wags
Hall of Fame

The only thing I worry about is his production. Babin was far more dominant in college and had only a decent rookie year. Kailee Wong played better than Babin and we're apparently disappointed with Wong. So do we expect someone who was less productive than Babin in college to be better than him in the pro's? Much less better than Kailee Wong?

Quote:
I donít know that he would be able to step in early as a cover linebacker,
This is from the HPF interview.
Old 04-12-2005   #19
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

i see him being there in the late teens maybe early 20's. We could trade down pick up and xtra 3rd and then get the same player and pay him less is my thinking.
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read