Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-07-2011   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default My Thoughts On The Big Itself

I thought Aaron Rogers looked a little too excited at the onset of the game but then he settled down quite nicely. Most QB's do start out nervous while playing in their very first Superbowl so that was normal for Aaron. Once he got used to the nature of the game he played well and would have played even better had his recievers not dropped a few passes. He looks like he is the next star QB for the next five or six years in the NFL and maybe even longer. He is very mobile and accurate and is now an elite QB baring no injuries or any off the field trouble for him. I am looking foward to watching him for years to come.

The Packers ran the football enough to keep the Steelers D honest. I was somewhat surprised the Steelers did not get to Rogers quite as much as I had thought they would. Props to both Rogers and the Green Bay O line for keeping plays alive very often during the game. And more props to Nelson, Jennings, and Jones who all had a great game all in the absence of Donald Drivers who is their numer one wide reciever on that team. That is an exact example of a team coming together an all effort to win the biggest football game of the year.

Not only did their numer one wide reciver go down and not return for Green Bay but so did their leader on defense too. But, he did give a great insprirational speech to his team from what I have read and heard. The secondary did not play eye popping after that but they still played well enough to win the football game. When you win the turnover battle three to nohing that goes a long way in winning a football game. That inception early on by Collins really set the tone early on for the Packers. Jarret Bush also made some good plays on the football over the course of the game that I saw.

Ben did not have his best game for sure and if it wasn't for both Rashard Mendenhall and Hines Ward then it would have been even worse. Ben was off kilter a few times to Mike Wallace and also had some dropped just like Rogers. The Steelers O line did get beat sometimes which was a huge factor on the Collins INT play and other plays as well. The secondary did not play well at all and looked outright confused at points of the game. The kicker cost the Steelers four points but ultimately three turnovers was the story of the game and cost them the game big time and the Mendenhall fumble was the last draw in my opinion.

There were some blown calls in the first half like it or not but that was not the only reason for the outcome. Lastly I'd like to congratulate the Packers and their fans on their fourth Superbowl title and a job well done. They have now proven their are the best team in the NFL so they deserve to win.

I hope you enjoy my review of the 2011 Superbowl it was just as good as the rest of them because both teams had a chance to win it in the last minute. That is all I ask for in the Superbowl when my favorite team is not playing although I was rooting for history i.e. the Steelers last night just because I like that kind of stuff.

Last edited by gary; 02-08-2011 at 12:04 PM.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #2
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My Thoughts On The Big Itself

Sould say Big Game. Sorry.
Old 02-08-2011   #3
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice summary, but I would say Greg Jennings is the #1 receiver on that team. Driver may be the vocal leader of that group though.
dream_team is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Nice summary, but I would say Greg Jennings is the #1 receiver on that team. Driver may be the vocal leader of that group though.
Driver has been there much longer which is why I give him the edge and he is still going strong.
Old 02-08-2011   #5
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Driver has been there much longer which is why I give him the edge and he is still going strong.
Driver may be the leader of the group, but Jennings is definitely the go-to receiver. Jennings has had more receiving yards the past three years and had over twice as many receiving yards this year. That should make him the clear #1 WR for the Packers.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Driver may be the leader of the group, but Jennings is definitely the go-to receiver. Jennings has had more receiving yards the past three years and had over twice as many receiving yards this year. That should make him the clear #1 WR for the Packers.
Maybe they ment the vocal leader when they called him number one on T.V. including other players.
Old 02-08-2011   #7
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

If GB doesn't have the butter hands going, this game could have been really ugly. I thought Rodgers was laser accurate. He was unbelievable.
Old 02-08-2011   #8
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
If GB doesn't have the butter hands going, this game could have been really ugly. I thought Rodgers was laser accurate. He was unbelievable.
I saw at least four or five dropped passes if not more.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read