Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-07-2011   #1
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72233 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kudos to Capers

Well done Dom. Wear the ring proudly.*

Of all the opinions I've gathered from his time here, I think:

1) He was a good choice to start the franchise, because he brought discipline and structure to a new team.*

2) It would have been best to plan for him to have start up responsibility, and then to move up/aside after the first 2-3 years.*

3) Coaching aside, he'd be a great guy to have at a backyard barbecue. Friendly and interesting in such a setting.*
Old 02-07-2011   #2
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kudos to Capers

That son of a ***** should leave that ring in it's box and GIVE it to Andre Johnson for the five years he cheated HIM out of one by being his head coach! Vugg em!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Prediction:

This win will put Dom Campers BACK into head coaching somewhere.

It always does. It's the nature of the beast.
Old 02-07-2011   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Prediction:

This win will put Dom Campers BACK into head coaching somewhere.

It always does. It's the nature of the beast.
In Tennessee? Now that would be quite a change.
Old 02-07-2011   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
That son of a ***** should leave that ring in it's box and GIVE it to Andre Johnson for the five years he cheated HIM out of one by being his head coach! Vugg em!
Must spread rep...Couldn't agree more. Dre should get it for having Pendry as his OC.
Old 02-07-2011   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Capers was only his HC for three years. Kubiak has been his coach for five, going on six, and has produced the same amount of nothing.

Besides, as much as I love AJ, he chose to hitch his wagon to this team. He could have abandoned ship a long time ago and found a solid home with any number of winning teams. It's hard to feel sorry for a guy making millions of dollars to play a game.

Congrats to Capers. It just goes to show that the problems with this franchise go much deeper than the head coach.
Old 02-07-2011   #7
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Besides, as much as I love AJ, he chose to hitch his wagon to this team. He could have abandoned ship a long time ago and found a solid home with any number of winning teams. It's hard to feel sorry for a guy making millions of dollars to play a game.

Congrats to Capers. It just goes to show that the problems with this franchise go much deeper than the head coach.
So true DB. AJ is his own man. Glad he's still a Texan though.

I'm happy for Capers, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get another Head Coaching job. For his sake, hopefully he remembers to run HIS defense next time.
Old 02-07-2011   #8
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Capers was only his HC for three years. Kubiak has been his coach for five, going on six, and has produced the same amount of nothing.

I shall say nary a disparaging word about future Hall of Famer Mr. Andre Johnson.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 02-07-2011   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Texans View Post
So true DB. AJ is his own man. Glad he's still a Texan though.

I'm happy for Capers, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get another Head Coaching job. For his sake, hopefully he remembers to run HIS defense next time.
Agree about AJ. He's the only player that I would even consider buying a jersey, and the fact that he's a Houston Texan by choice just makes him that much more special to us.

I just don't understand the hate on Capers. It is obvious at this point - 9 YEARS INTO IT - that he faced some hurdles that we did not even know about until somewhat recently: an inept owner and incompetent front office.

Quote:
I shall say nary a disparaging word about future Hall of Famer Mr. Andre Johnson.
I'm not disparaging AJ in any sort of way. Dude is a HoF player and a class act that I would welcome as a role model for my kids (if I was ever inclined to let a pro athlete be a role model for my kids, which I'm not).

But, acting like Capers owes him anything is just plain goofy.

And Capers was his HC for three years, not five. Besides, we should be thanking Capers for drafting AJ under his watch. It's not Capers' fault that the owner had a mancrush on the pretty boy QB that set this franchise back a good 5 seasons.
Old 02-07-2011   #10
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

You guys can give Capers his due...insofar as I'm concerned...I JUST CAN'T DO IT. You'll have an easier time getting the Blue Crew to vote for Obama...and that's not gonna happen.
Old 02-07-2011   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ is having a HOF career and making millions of dollars. Do I want him to get a chance to win a SB? Absolutely.

Would I want him to do it anywhere but here? No way.

He's chosen to be a Texan and I'll therefore cheer for him as long as it remains that way
Old 02-07-2011   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I just don't think Dom is a great HC and his hands were tied here as well. Congratulations to him it is not all his fault our team has screwed up for nine years and counting JMO.
Old 02-07-2011   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
You guys can give Capers his due...insofar as I'm concerned...I JUST CAN'T DO IT. You'll have an easier time getting the Blue Crew to vote for Obama...and that's not gonna happen.
It's all good, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I just don't think Dom is a great HC and his hands were tied here as well. Congratulations to him it is not all his fault our team has screwed up for nine years and counting JMO.
I agree completely.
Old 02-08-2011   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Congratulations to Dom Capers!

He is the reason I was rooting for the Packers to win it all.

As far as judging Capers as a head coach, you can't do that anymore than judging Bill Belichick when he was the HC of the Browns.

Now, having said that, if you run down the list of starters on the Packers' defense, you won't find a slouch among them. You can have the best coach in the world, but if you don't have the players, what good is it going to do?

When Capers was here, from the day he started here, until the day he left, he handled every day with the utmost class, and he never threw anyone under the bus. Now to the fans here who ridiculed him personally, that's called "coach-speak".

But to the NFL coaching community, which is a tight-knit group, it's showing respect for the profession. Lose that respect, and you really do "lose your job".

It's too bad more fans can't try to understand that.

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think its great that Leftwich didn't win a ring. As much as I dislike the Steelers, seeing Leftwich on the sidelines listening to an iPod during the Super Bowl made me root for the Packers.

Capers with a ring, I can deal with it.

Fat Gary Coleman with a ring? **** that.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011   #16
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 118834 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I think its great that Leftwich didn't win a ring. As much as I dislike the Steelers, seeing Leftwich on the sidelines listening to an iPod during the Super Bowl made me root for the Packers.

Capers with a ring, I can deal with it.

Fat Gary Coleman with a ring? **** that.
Agree with you, but he was not listening to an Ipod
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
As far as judging Capers as a head coach, you can't do that anymore than judging Bill Belichick when he was the HC of the Browns.
Agreed generally with your post but not so sure about this assertion. Capers has been through two HC gigs. The Browns were Belichick's first HC gig so you have 8 years of Capers with two teams to compare to one 5 year gig for Belichick. Capers is .375 in those 8 years. Belichick was .45 with the Browns.

Anyway definitely kudos to Capers.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read