Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-06-2011   #1
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2514 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF
Default In 2005 if someone would have said.....

.......Dom Capers wins a superbowl ring before the Texans even sniff the play-offs, what would you have said in response?
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #2
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In 2005 if someone would have said.....

That he'd get it as a coordinator, not as a head coach.

Old 02-06-2011   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
.......Dom Capers wins a superbowl ring before the Texans even sniff the play-offs, what would you have said in response?
I would have said I was wrong if I'm being honest.
Old 02-06-2011   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Define 'sniff' please.
Old 02-06-2011   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I didn't think it was the players.

I believed in Steve McKinney, Chester Pitts, Andre Johnson, Dominick Davis, Jabar Gafney, Milford Brown, Todd Wade, Mark Bruener, Seth Payne, Antwoine Peek, Kylee Wong, Jason Babin, Robaire Smith, Dunta Robinson, Glen Earl, CC Brown, Morlon Greenwood. I believed in them all.

I felt we were on the cusp, despite the 2-14 season. That we would be contending for the division in relatively short time.

If you told me Capers would be coaching a Super Bowl winning team before the Texans made the play-offs, I wouldn't have believed you.

No way.
Old 02-06-2011   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I believed in Steve McKinney, Chester Pitts, Andre Johnson, Dominick Davis, Jabar Gafney, Milford Brown, Todd Wade, Mark Bruener, Seth Payne, Antwoine Peek, Kylee Wong, Jason Babin, Robaire Smith, Dunta Robinson, Glen Earl, CC Brown, Morlon Greenwood. I believed in them all.

I felt we were on the cusp, despite the 2-14 season. That we would be contending for the division in relatively short time.
LOL, that explains a lot.
Old 02-07-2011   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Capers was always known for bing a good DC. He comes from the Steelers/Dick LeBeau coaching tree.

After 2005, the Texans were 2-14. So it would not have been that much of a reach to think that Capers could land with a solid team as a DC and have success before the Texans could pull their heads out of their butts.

And it would not surprise me if Capers gets another ring before the Texans "sniff" the playoffs, whatever that means.
Old 02-07-2011   #8
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would have said:

Yeah, and I got three - what's your point?

Signed,
Gary Kubiak

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read