Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What will it take to reach the play-offs/Super Bowl ???
The Patriots change their name to the Houston Texans. 8 14.81%
We Get rid of Gary Kubiak. Hire a proven winner as a coach. 11 20.37%
Kareem Jackson Retires from football !!!! 1 1.85%
We pick up a FA CB r two in FA 21 38.89%
Since Wade is our D.C now we make it within the next 1-2 seasons. 13 24.07%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2011   #1
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 122341 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 5 Ways the Texans make the play-offs/SuperBowl

With the Superbowl starting in less than an hour, and my texans again not playing late january/Feburary Football i was thinking, What would it take for the texans to win the superbowl.
Old 02-06-2011   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 90450 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 5 Ways the Texans make the play-offs/SuperBowl

superbowl has already started
Old 02-06-2011   #3
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 122341 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
superbowl has already started
i started this thread awhile back, had to eat, sorry for the delay.
Old 02-07-2011   #4
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

No freaking way we go to the Superbowl with Kubes. Maybe the playoffs, maybe even next year, but 1 and done at best.
Old 02-07-2011   #5
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 44615 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is the "Hell Freezes Over" option?
Fred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #6
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no enthusiasm towards the Texans at this point. And I don't know if that'll change anytime soon.
Old 02-07-2011   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I donít have any faith left that Kubiak will lead us to the Promised Land, but I do have faith in the unpredictability of the NFL. Iíll leave it at that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-07-2011   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak's offense is good enough.

Wade is a good enough DC .. got to get a safety (or two) that is worth a shit and another CB
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #9
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

i cant believe some actually put option 1 as their choice, their name would then be the new england Texans come on guys.
Old 02-07-2011   #10
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 15444 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I donít have any faith left that Kubiak will lead us to the Promised Land, but I do have faith in the unpredictability of the NFL. Iíll leave it at that.
Interesting.....

I think if we make a good veteran CB aquisition (sp), draft a really effective pass rushing OLB, and a improve our safety play I think we will be in good shape.

I think its really going to hinge on getting a FA CB. There are going to be some really good players out there this off season:

Champ Bailey (althought I dont think hes the answer......but Ill take what I can get)
Brent Grimes
Ike Taylor (this is who I want, not sure Pitt will let go of him)
Nnamdi Asomugha (obviously the best choice, but unlikely)
Richard Marshall
Antonio Cromartie

Those are all good veteran CB's that could make an immediate impact for us if we somehow acquired one of them.

I truly beleive that our success depends on whether or not Smithiak goes after someone above......or maybe someone with equal talent that I missed.

The only reason I think we will do this is because of the pressure that is on Kubiak this season. I really hope they come thru although I wont be surprised one bit if we fail to make a "splash" in this area.
Old 02-07-2011   #11
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 15444 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
No freaking way we go to the Superbowl with Kubes. Maybe the playoffs, maybe even next year, but 1 and done at best.
I would still be ecstatic if this happened unfortunately.
Old 02-07-2011   #12
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Playoffs win 10-11 football games. Does not matter what you are good or not at. Get in the tournament.
Old 02-07-2011   #13
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

I find myself wondering if all the people who think that merely having a very good offense + mediocre defense is good enough to build a winning team have heard of this thing called a HEAD COACH.
Old 02-07-2011   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
I find myself wondering if all the people who think that merely having a very good offense + mediocre defense is good enough to build a winning team have heard of this thing called a HEAD COACH.
For the most part.. Yes , to get to the playoff ,unless one I named norm turner this year
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

DEFENSE will get the Texans to the playoffs at least.
Old 02-08-2011   #16
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Patriots need to change their name.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Get some DBs here and I think we can challenge for the AFC South title. And by challenge I mean not blowing a 4-2 record.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read