Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-06-2011   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Super Bowl ticket holders may not have a seat at Cowboys Stadium

Quote:
Some fans who paid $600 for tickets to Super Bowl XLV won't have a place to watch the game.

Hours before kickoff of the Super Bowl, workers were continuing to install temporary, aluminum seating in the top section behind the west end zone. The problem could displace hundreds of fans who purchased tickets to the game.

According to reports, a fire marshall hadn't approved the temporary seating. Affected fans arrived at the game and were handed a letter informing them that they'd no longer have a seat for the game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers.

Fans will be given a refund equal to three times the face value of the ticket. For those who bought plane tickets and hotel accomodations, that may be a small consolation.
Quote:
Jerry Jones and the NFL were so concerned about stuffing the most fans possible into Cowboys Stadium in order to maximize profit and set a Super Bowl attendance record, but evidently failed to consider the logistics of seating all those people. If the reports about the fire marshall approval are true, it's a baffling oversight. This is something that should have been taken care of weeks ago.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-317553
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #2
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Bowl ticket holders may not have a seat at Cowboys Stadium

Oh my goodness I hope this isn't true.

If they need an extra seat, take Harrison Ford's. In his interview earlier he didn't look like he gave a crap either way.
Old 02-06-2011   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

They had this on Fox a while ago. There were a number of sections affected. Ticket holders would be relocated or have their money refunded. I think like 1500? Where will they relocate them? Outside? I would be super pissed!
Old 02-06-2011   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Most got relocated. The ones that didn't got triple their value of what they paid.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=6096112

Quote:
Two hours before the game, workers were frantically trying to fix the sections or get the fans "relocated to similar or better seats," valued at $900. The NFL found alternate seating for 850 of the 1,250 fans affected. The 400 who were not able to be seated were given a refund of triple face value -- $2,700.
Old 02-06-2011   #5
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Most got relocated. The ones that didn't got triple their value of what they paid.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=6096112
So in effect they got $1800 bucks to cover their airfares, hotel, transport, food, drink to go and watch the Superbowl on a TV, outside the stadium in the cold.

I'd be really freaking pissed!
Old 02-06-2011   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder where they found room for them? I mean, they were selling tickets to the stairwell. How many open seats could there have been? I doubt they put them in the owners boxes.
Old 02-06-2011   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Fox is reporting that most of the fans given alternate seating are looking at the back of others' heads............I'd be "haired" off big time if I were them.........selling tickets for which there is no seating. Way to go Jerry.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2011   #8
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

But I thought Cowboys Stadium had all those seats, so many they have to install temps?.

Geezus Jerry.
Old 02-06-2011   #9
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I wonder where they found room for them? I mean, they were selling tickets to the stairwell. How many open seats could there have been? I doubt they put them in the owners boxes.
Probably threw them in the 'party zone' where you can watch the giant HD TV, and nothing else...
Old 02-06-2011   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post

........and you would be wrong. Here's a fan who has been offered a "corner box" in Jerry's private castle. He's afraid, though, that if he turns around for an "upgrade" in view, Jerry will have him serving tables.

Old 02-06-2011   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
Probably threw them in the 'party zone' where you can watch the giant HD TV, and nothing else...
They are reported to have been placed in a "party zone" but "with a Tv smaller than in most sports bars.

The first time these temp seats were installed, they were torn out because the inspectors classified them as "unsafe construction." So they reinstalled them..........with the same faulty construction practices and same conclusion by the Fire Marshal.
Old 02-06-2011   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
They are reported to have been placed in a "party zone" but "with a Tv smaller than in most sports bars.

The first time these temp seats were installed, they were torn out because the inspectors classified them as "unsafe construction." So they reinstalled them..........with the same faulty construction practices and same conclusion by the Fire Marshal.
I smell lawyers before all is said and done.
Old 02-07-2011   #13
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
So in effect they got $1800 bucks to cover their airfares, hotel, transport, food, drink to go and watch the Superbowl on a TV, outside the stadium in the cold.

I'd be really freaking pissed!
They are giving them 3X face value, but most people paid way more than that for their tickets. So they are out their travel costs, plus the whatever they paid over 3X the ticket cost. Yikes, do we have a Jerrah facepalm??
Old 02-07-2011   #14
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I smell lawyers before all is said and done.
Ya think? Me too. I think I can smell them from here. And rightfully so. IMO

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I couldn't imagine spending all that time planning the trip to go to the Super Bowl to watch my team only to be denied the seats I paid for. 3x? Yeah for ALL of my expenses, not just the seats. Time, hotel, food, expensive beer, missing a once in a lifetime opportunity and standing out in the cold watching a crappy TV. What a joke, this is not going away with a simple refund.
Old 02-07-2011   #16
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I listened to the 610 gang and Mclame discussing the situation this morning. It's unbelievable that these seats weren't already installed / tested / certified LONG before the Superbowl. It's not as if the Cowboys were a playoff team and access to the stadium were an issue.
Old 02-07-2011   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Way to go NFL and Jerrah. This story is the perfect metaphor for what the NFL is turning into: squeeze as much cash out of fans that you can and offer them little when you fail to deliver. Heck, that might even be the corporate mission statement for many of these teams.
Old 02-07-2011   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I figured it out.

Bob says "The Super Bowl is the only bottom line that matters."

It's clear now, to me, that Bob wants us to host a Super Bowl and squeeze as many nickels and dimes out of fans as Jerry did. Because THAT is a bottom line that will definitely matter to Bob McNickels & Dimes.

Just teasing. Trying to get a laugh or two here.
Old 02-07-2011   #19
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, the compensation got even better. Free tickets to next years Super Bowl.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=6098112
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #20
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Well, the compensation got even better. Free tickets to next years Super Bowl.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=6098112
For those too lazy to click...

Quote:
NFL offers free tickets to next Super Bowl to compensate 400 fans
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 7, 2011, 10:42 AM EST
The 400 fans who were forced to watch Super Bowl XLV on TV because their tickets were for temporary seating in Cowboys Stadium that never got finished will get in to Super Bowl XLVI for free.

That was revealed this morning by NFL PR guy Brian McCarthy, who’s trying to put the best spin possible on what the NFL is doing for the fans whose $800 tickets weren’t honored.

“The 400 fans w/out seats last nite went on field postgame, received free merchandise, food, beverage, $2,400, free SB46 tix,” McCarthy tweeted

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read