Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-06-2011   #1
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Super Bowl Gameday Thread

Game starts in an hour. Might as well have a thread for it.
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #2
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Bowl Gameday Thread

Go Packers!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #3
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 35273 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

go puppy bowl!
Old 02-06-2011   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
go puppy bowl!
Agree!

Go Steelers!

I'm gonna hate myself in the morning for saying go Steelers.
Old 02-06-2011   #5
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Urgh. I'm finding it hard to get pumped for this football game. I can't stand the Ben led Steelers, and the Packers hype is also making my pretty sick. Texanstalk it is over to you. The only way to make this an important game for me is some gambling.

For the game, I'm taking the Steelers (experience, yadda, yadda).

For the MVP, I'm unsure. Aaron Rodgers is 3/2, and pretty much a certainty if the Pack win the game, but at those odds, I'm not tempted - looking for some higher priced options. It is a toss up between Mike Wallace, and Hines Ward so far as that goes.

Come on guys, don't let me down - make my Superbowl matter. What are y'all rooting for.
Old 02-06-2011   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

That Frank character might be a good impressionist, but he's a terrible comedian.
Brain Cushing
Old 02-06-2011   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
Urgh. I'm finding it hard to get pumped for this football game. I can't stand the Ben led Steelers, and the Packers hype is also making my pretty sick. Texanstalk it is over to you. The only way to make this an important game for me is some gambling.

For the game, I'm taking the Steelers (experience, yadda, yadda).

For the MVP, I'm unsure. Aaron Rodgers is 3/2, and pretty much a certainty if the Pack win the game, but at those odds, I'm not tempted - looking for some higher priced options. It is a toss up between Mike Wallace, and Hines Ward so far as that goes.

Come on guys, don't let me down - make my Superbowl matter. What are y'all rooting for.
Joe Buck to get hit by falling ice before the game starts.
Old 02-06-2011   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I don't have a dog in the race, I'm not rooting for anybody. However, I think the Steelers is the better team.

Here's to a damn good game.

Drink up boys.
Old 02-06-2011   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't have a dog in the race, I'm not rooting for anybody. However, I think the Steelers is the better team.

Drink up boys.
The Packers seem to be showing a much more motivated affect towards this game than the Steelers. I believe that the most hungry team will likely persevere.

Here's to an aggressive injury-free game.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

With all the frigging BS pre game crap, I'll be surprised if the game starts by 7PM.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #11
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Drink up boys.
Wondered when someone was gonna start this thread!

Already on it TK. Layed in some Fat Tire Amber Ale, St. Arnold Amber Ale and to round it out a sixer of Shiner Blonde. Bout a 1/3rd of the way through it. Oh yeah, and a coupla dozen Buffalo Wild Wings in Spicy Garlic. I see some Hou-Tex Dutch Oven Specials in store for the sweet Lady that puts up with me.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Could be dead wrong but the Packers are hot and the Steeler DBs can be had. Could be a game where the Pack gets out really quick and Steelers can't recover.
Old 02-06-2011   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Bad start. Glee got their grubby little paws in there.
Old 02-06-2011   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

I wish these Singers would just sing the songs the way they were written.
Brain Cushing
Old 02-06-2011   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm very slightly in favor of the Packers, simply because they don't have as many trophys as the Steelers do, but I really don't care. As long at it's a good game.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #16
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Myself. And she ain't doin' it. Pisses me off.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #17
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
100% agree. The Canadian bloke before the Canadiens-NJ Devils game did a better job of singing the American anthem...
Old 02-06-2011   #18
Showtime100
Got AJ?

The words were familiar but I didn't know the song.

Christina, it's about our country, not you.

Ok, now the pre-game is over. I'm popping my first top. No more negativity from me.
Old 02-06-2011   #19
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Steelers for 2 reasons:
1. I want them to be 7-1 in Superbowls making the Cowboy 5-3 look even worse.

2. I get it, Rogers has stepped out of the shadow of Favre, but I am SICK of that story! NO MORE FAVRE!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Packers win the toss and defer?
Brain Cushing

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read