Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-05-2011   #1
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default [PFT] Phil Simms threatens to punch Desmond Howard

Quote:
This might fall more under the category of college football because Desmond Howard is a college analyst for ESPN, but the situation does involve former NFL quarterback Phil Simms, a former Super Bowl MVP and now a CBS NFL analyst, and Howard, a former Super Bowl MVP. So we’ll post it.

On Saturday afternoon, Howard posted a series of tweets detailing a recent encounter with Simms which allegedly ended with Simms threatening to punch Howard.

“At NFL Xperience and Phil Simms just threatened 2 hit me b/c I said his son was 1 of the worse QBs in the SEC,” Howard tweeted. “I told (Phil) ‘LET’S GO.’”

Simms’ son, Matt, lost his starting job in 2010 to true freshman Tyler Bray at Tennessee. So apparently Desmond’s analysis was spot-on.

“I am DEAD serious about the Phil Simms thing,” added Howard. “We all thought he was joking, but he kept going and said he wanted 2 take a swing at me!!

“During the season we talked about the Tenn v LSU game and I said ‘u will see 3 of the worse QBs in the SEC’ That’s what Phil did not like.

“It ended w/police stepping in between so I could continue my appearance w/fans.”

Phil Simms is about 6-foot-3 and 230 pounds, while Howard is around 5-foot-10 and 185. Simms might not have been right to threaten Howard physically, but if the two do come to blows our money is on Howard getting the “worse” of it.
gg no re is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [PFT] Phil Simms threatens to punch Desmond Howard

It's not easy when you raise two sons who are sucky QBs. You never hear of Archie Manning threatening anyone. Just saying.
Old 02-05-2011   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
It's not easy when you raise two sons who are sucky QBs. You never hear of Archie Manning threatening anyone. Just saying.
Yes, but what is a father to do when his son is called out nationally?
Old 02-05-2011   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Yes, but what is a father to do when his son is called out nationally?
Act like an adult and not a little league dad?
Old 02-06-2011   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
From Phil Simms? He has shown his colors before
Old 02-06-2011   #6
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What?

- Craig James
gg no re is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Simms is a major league doosh. I can't stand watching him. Period.

Cris Collinsworth, Phil Simms, and Trey Wingo are the Bermuda Triangle of Doosh. Sean Salisbury is in a whole other category, beyond the league of doosh. He's the stuff doosh is supposed to freshen up.

I am glad Desmond Howard called it like it is. And I am glad Simms resorted to his true character, on full display for everyone.
Old 02-06-2011   #8
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Desmond should no better than to call out another father's kid like that, but its not like he lied or anything. It IS true that Chris Simms is a disappointment as a player (can't blame him but he is tough as nails) as for the other Simms, I didn't even know he played college ball.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #9
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's funny a wash out like Howard felt the need to tattle on Simms.

Whaaaa, Phil wants to punch me cus I'ma Dinglehole.

Doesn't Howard know what snitches are?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
/END Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read