Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-11-2005   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Sports Radio 610: Texans Re-Sign Bradford

Thats what I heard on 610 about 5 mins ago....

no WR in the draft...so get it out ur systems ppl.
Old 04-11-2005   #2
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Did they say how long he signed for? If it was only a 1 year deal, then we probably would still look WR in the draft since many WRs don't make an impact their rookie season...
Old 04-11-2005   #3
UberDork
Veteran

Rep Power: 216 UberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respected

Do you seriously think that we will not draft a WR because we resigned Bradford? That is a little naive. We hardly chased after Bradford. A little insurance is never bad.
UberDork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005   #4
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

WOW...never expected that...
Old 04-11-2005   #5
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

They're reporting we re-signed J-Wells too :woot (not that anyone thought he was leaving)...
Old 04-11-2005   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I was hoping for this actually. Bradford was a good signing IMO. The price was right I'm sure and we know what he can do. He's either going to be back in his old spot or coming off the bench if Armstrong can push him to it.
Old 04-11-2005   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Good to see David will still be working with the same WR that were in the same offense with him. I am not a big Bradford fan but I know he really wanted to be a part of this team to witness the turnaround.

I think the Texans will still look at WR but it will be in the later rounds now.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-11-2005   #8
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

What was the price? If near the vet minimum, then it's all good; if it's sustanisally more or comes with a 7 figure signing bonus then it's a bad move.

As for the Wells resigning...meh? His still just a back-up/special teamer and might even be lower then that if we draft a RB in the mid round. Also may herald the end of the T. Hollings expierement.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005   #9
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Good to see David will still be working with the same WR that were in the same offense with him. I am not a big Bradford fan but I know he really wanted to be a part of this team to witness the turnaround.

I think the Texans will still look at WR but it will be in the later rounds now.
I agree this probably takes wr off 1st round. Any thoughts on Cardinals trading for Travis Henry and using 8th pick on a corner; allegedly this would allow a premium running back to drop? I picked this up on Lance Zerline's mock.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005   #10
THEFUTURE
All Pro

all it does is add depth, why would he make any impact now, no team respected him last year, and now its supposed to change, draft a WR. and get all the pressure away from AJ
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005   #11
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Well, good signing. Bradford knows the system, and so does Jonathan.

I just hope we got Bradford at a good price, hopefully only for 1 year.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005   #12
UberDork
Veteran

Rep Power: 216 UberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think this signing should effect the draft at all...unless he got more money than I think he did...

These are insurance and depth signings of guys who know the system. If a WR is there that we deem worthy, Bradford will not come into the equation. The only way I can see him entering the equation is if we had planned to reach on a WR, so now we don't have to reach as much, if that was a plan.
UberDork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005   #13
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

On 610, they threw out a number that I thought was pretty intresting...

44.8 yards per TOUCHDOWN for Bradford since he's been a Texan,....thats just crazy.

BTW...I want the Texans to draft a WR...but I think with AJ,Gaff,Bradford AND Armstrong, thats possibly 4 WRs a rookie would have to pass, thats the ONLY reason I said what I said.
Old 04-11-2005   #14
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

HOUSTON – The Houston Texans have agreed to contracts with WR Corey Bradford and RB Jonathan Wells, it was announced today.

Bradford (6-1, 201) has recorded 167 receptions for 2,701 yards and 20 touchdowns in seven NFL seasons. The former Packer holds a Texans team record with 13 touchdowns, and has made big plays since he moved to the Bayou City in 2002, including the game winning touchdown against the Cowboys in the team’s inaugural game. The average length of Bradford’s touchdown receptions since he joined the Texans in 2002 has been 43.1 yards (13 touchdowns, 560 yards), first among all NFL receivers.

Wells (6-1, 252) was the Texans leading rusher during his rookie campaign in 2002 (529 yards) and has been the ultimate team contributor in three seasons with the team. After RB Domanick Davis was drafted in 2003 and inserted into the starting lineup, Wells became a standout on special teams and the first off the bench when Davis left the game. The Ohio State product finished 2004 with 12 special teams tackles, 299 rushing yards and a career-high three rushing touchdowns.

From the main page.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005   #15
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Here's the LINK to the press release of the signings...Contract figures haven't been disclosed yet...
Old 04-11-2005   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Jwells is alot better backup than THollings. The fact that he came back to us either says noone wanted him or he really wanted to stay with us.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005   #17
LoNghoRn-TeXaN
Veteran

Texans | Bradford Re-signed - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:43:41 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Houston Texans have re-signed WR Corey Bradford to a one-year, $800,000 deal.

Texans | Wells Re-signed - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:47:03 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports the Houston Texans have re-signed RB Jonathan Wells. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

KFFL.com
LoNghoRn-TeXaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005   #18
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Jwells is alot better backup than THollings. The fact that he came back to us either says noone wanted him or he really wanted to stay with us.
He was a RFA, so even if anybody made him an offer, we had the right to match it...
Old 04-11-2005   #19
Htown34s
Veteran

I think this says nothing but what we already know, which is that we don't know how this draft will play out any more than Casserly does.

With having all of our starting lineup set, we don't have to draft to fill a hole and can take the best available where ever that may be.
Old 04-11-2005   #20
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

It is good to see him back, so are we looking for a wide reciever on the first day anymore?
TexanFan881 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read