Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-06-2011   #1
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hall of Fame Class 2011

Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk, Shannon Sharpe, Richard Dent, Ed Sabol, Les Richter and Chris Hanburger.

Can't argue with any of the ones I've heard of.
Old 02-06-2011   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hall of Fame Class 2011

I thought Sanders and Faulk were dead set locks and Dent and Sharpe were likely, certain to make it at some point the question was just when. I consider non-players separately and Sabol was a lock as well.
Old 02-06-2011   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

So none of the WRs (Tim Brown, Chris Carter, Andre Reed) make it in? Why the hate on WRs from the HOF voters? Sharpe was a great player. Not better than Carter or Reed, however.
Old 02-06-2011   #4
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
So none of the WRs (Tim Brown, Chris Carter, Andre Reed) make it in? Why the hate on WRs from the HOF voters? Sharpe was a great player. Not better than Carter or Reed, however.

There is a logjam at that position and most voters are thinking about the order in which to vote them all in. This goes for almost all the positions, but because you can't go off on stats alone, the voters have to know what the players did that made them stand out during there tenure no matter how short otherwise guys like Floyd Little or John Riggins would never be in the HOF.

I hope Willie Roaf gets in at the same time as his teammate Will Shields, now that would be something!
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #5
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not oversold on any of the WRs.

I don't feel at any point Reed or Brown were the best WRs in the NFL.

Carter is my second favourite WR of all time and I still don't think he deserves it.

I think Brown is the closest but only if you count his ST work.
Old 02-06-2011   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I get the feeling Deion will change his first name to Sir. Emmitt, Deion, and Marshall were just on.....not an once of humility.....I had to change the channel only to see that impressionist hack Frank Caliendo.
Old 02-06-2011   #7
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I get the feeling Deion will change his first name to Sir. Emmitt, Deion, and Marshall were just on.....not an once of humility.....I had to change the channel only to see that impressionist hack Frank Caliendo.
What channel are they on?
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2011   #8
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
What channel are they on?
The HOF guys were on NBC, I can't remember where Frank The Hack was. Wait, Frank was on FOX. You didn't miss anything if that helps
Old 02-06-2011   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
The HOF guys were on NBC, I can't remember where Frank The Hack was. Wait, Frank was on FOX. You didn't miss anything if that helps
Yeah, I had it on Fox
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #10
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

WRs get more recognition and fame, just like QBs and WRs. Doesn't mean they are more deserving of the HoF. I have absolutely no problem with Reed, Brown or Carter not making it in, and frankly I would be opposed to more than 1 of them making it in ultimately. Probably Carter.
Old 02-06-2011   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I don't feel at any point Reed or Brown were the best WRs in the NFL.
So the only HOF WR from the 80's & 90's is Jerry Rice? That's an elite "group". More like the Hall Closet of Fame.
Old 02-06-2011   #12
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 121746 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So the only HOF WR from the 80's & 90's is Jerry Rice? That's an elite "group". More like the Hall Closet of Fame.
Well, there's also Michael Irvin and Art Monk.
Old 02-06-2011   #13
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Well, there's also Michael Irvin and Art Monk.
My statement was in reference to kiwi's assertion that Reed nor Brown were never the NFL's top WR. They played during the Rice era, so that would be a tough criteria to meet. Warren Moon was never the top QB in the NFL, but he's still in the HOF.
Old 02-06-2011   #14
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Monk was the best before Rice and I think Irvin could claim to be the best for a time perhaps.

Not overly sold on Irvin to be honest but you can't question Monk's greatness.
Old 02-06-2011   #15
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 121746 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My statement was in reference to kiwi's assertion that Reed nor Brown were never the NFL's top WR. They played during the Rice era, so that would be a tough criteria to meet. Warren Moon was never the top QB in the NFL, but he's still in the HOF.
My bad - misunderstood what you were saying.
Old 02-07-2011   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's a travesty that Carter and Brown aren't in, yet.
Old 02-07-2011   #17
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cris Carter was a bad mother ****er, if he doesn't make it in, it's gonna be a hard sell for any future WR's. I don't get why he gets no love. If you trade his QB's with Steve Young or Joe Montana his numbers are at least as good as Rice's. It's unbelievable that he can't sniff the HoF.
Old 02-07-2011   #18
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk, Shannon Sharpe, Richard Dent, Ed Sabol, Les Richter and Chris Hanburger.

Can't argue with any of the ones I've heard of.

Oh sweet merciful mother of Iesvs You mean mushmouth is gonna give a SPEECH!? Oh God!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know, right?

Wow. Sharpe is in and Carter isn't? Geez....
Old 02-07-2011   #20
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Shannon Sharpe redefined TE as a position that was a huge threat in the passing game.

I agree with that selection 100%.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read