Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011   #1
Doppelganger
None
 
Doppelganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,869
Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wonderlich

As everyone knows at the combine is the infamous Wonderlich test. It is a 12 minute 50 question test. According to Walter, the Average score for the NFL prospects is 21/50.

Walter has sample questions. If you want to give it a try(and have never done it before) try to answer as many of the 20 correctly as you can in 5 minutes.

Once you do so, you can score it. Remember the average is 21/50(so you can try to convert your score using a ratio (i.e. X/20). Furthermore, if you are further inclined you can use the following equation to guestimate your IQ:
IQ=(2 x Wonderlich score)+60

http://walterfootball.com/draftwonderlic.php

And remember, if don't do as well as you want, remember these NFL scholars:

1. Kordell Stewart: 12
2. Jeff George: 10
3. David Irons: 4
__________________

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Willis
Age: 58
Posts: 24,193
Rep Power: 118212 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wonderlich

17/20

Read too fast on #4
__________________
Re: Who starts at QB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #3
texansdrummer
Hall of Fame
 
texansdrummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Pecos, TX
Posts: 1,349
Rep Power: 8156 texansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to texansdrummer
Default Re: Wonderlich

I scored a 34 on the official Wonderlich some years ago.
texansdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #4
JB
Old Curmudgeon
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Willis
Age: 58
Posts: 24,193
Rep Power: 118212 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wonderlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansdrummer View Post
I scored a 34 on the official Wonderlich some years ago.
There are a few different versions. You may have scored a 44 on one of the others.
__________________
Re: Who starts at QB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #5
texansdrummer
Hall of Fame
 
texansdrummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Pecos, TX
Posts: 1,349
Rep Power: 8156 texansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to texansdrummer
Default Re: Wonderlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
There are a few different versions. You may have scored a 44 on one of the others.
At the time, it was considered to be extremely impressive. My regional market manager had previously held the record in our region until my results.
texansdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Willis
Age: 58
Posts: 24,193
Rep Power: 118212 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wonderlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansdrummer View Post
At the time, it was considered to be extremely impressive. My regional market manager had previously held the record in our region until my results.
It is very good. Just pointing out that there are different versions, and thereby different results.
__________________
Re: Who starts at QB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #7
ArlingtonTexan
Moderator
 
ArlingtonTexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 47
Posts: 6,067
Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wonderlich

My wife took this on a job interview a few years back and scored 40. Liberal Arts college graduate (self paid, non traditional student) who reads a ton and really is not that good at math beyond pretty basic stuff. She was surprised when the score for average dudes was between 18-22 or so.
__________________
It doesn't just seem like I was talking down to people, I was. (Runner 8/4/09).
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2011   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Willis
Age: 58
Posts: 24,193
Rep Power: 118212 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wonderlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
My wife took this on a job interview a few years back and scored 40. Liberal Arts college graduate (self paid, non traditional student) who reads a ton and really is not that good at math beyond pretty basic stuff. She was surprised when the score for average dudes was between 18-22 or so.
When I was teaching electronics at a trade school, I was shocked to find out that a 12 was sufficient to meet entrance requirements.
__________________
Re: Who starts at QB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #9
ArlingtonTexan
Moderator
 
ArlingtonTexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 47
Posts: 6,067
Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wonderlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
When I was teaching electronics at a trade school, I was shocked to find out that a 12 was sufficient to meet entrance requirements.
Just took it late, semi-drunk and scored in the equivalent of the 30s.
__________________
It doesn't just seem like I was talking down to people, I was. (Runner 8/4/09).
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #10
JB
Old Curmudgeon
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Willis
Age: 58
Posts: 24,193
Rep Power: 118212 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wonderlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Just took it late, semi-drunk and scored in the equivalent of the 30s.
You is a brilliant man!
__________________
Re: Who starts at QB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame
 
HJam72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over here.
Age: 42
Posts: 11,568
Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wonderlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
You is a brilliant man!
Only when he's drunk.
__________________

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!
 
Dutchrudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Houston
Section: Fort Kickass
Age: 30
Posts: 15,063
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wonderlich

I got 16/20, so I missed 4, 10, 11 and 18. For that printer type question I said 20 pages, which is practically correct, but not what they were looking for. So whatever, I guess I should be an NFL QB now? I'd be happy to take Orlovsky's spot on the roster!
__________________
Life is too important to be taken seriously. -Oscar Wilde
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #13
JB
Old Curmudgeon
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Willis
Age: 58
Posts: 24,193
Rep Power: 118212 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wonderlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I got 16/20. For that printer type question I said 20 pages, which is practically correct, but not what they were looking for. So whatever, I guess I should be an NFL QB now? I'd be happy to take Orlovsky's spot on the roster!
Actually, they did say that 20 was correct
__________________
Re: Who starts at QB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!
 
Dutchrudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Houston
Section: Fort Kickass
Age: 30
Posts: 15,063
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wonderlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Actually, they did say that 20 was correct
Yeah, I know, but I remember these sorts of questions from the SAT and they usually have the qualifier that you must use exactly 21 pages. The wording is just odd, which is what makes it inexact. I mostly said 20 because I didn't have a paper and pen with me to work it out

Still, the thing is that this isn't a very good gauge of a person's aptitude for football. I'm really surprised they still bother administering it. If a guy like Chris Johnson can get a 9 or whatever and perform at the level he has, then I think it's mostly irrelevant. Fun to take for kicks though.
__________________
Life is too important to be taken seriously. -Oscar Wilde
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011   #15
Doppelganger
None
 
Doppelganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,869
Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wonderlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah, I know, but I remember these sorts of questions from the SAT and they usually have the qualifier that you must use exactly 21 pages. The wording is just odd, which is what makes it inexact. I mostly said 20 because I didn't have a paper and pen with me to work it out

Still, the thing is that this isn't a very good gauge of a person's aptitude for football. I'm really surprised they still bother administering it. If a guy like Chris Johnson can get a 9 or whatever and perform at the level he has, then I think it's mostly irrelevant. Fun to take for kicks though.
I hear what you are saying, but I guess it depends on the position. A QB, needs to have reasonable intelligence to absorb the playbook and be able to see what the D is presenting and make changes. He does not have to be a genius, but needs to have adequate intelligence.

RB on the other hand, does not require great intelligence. You get the ball, run into the hole, and hold onto the ball. On passing plays, you pick up a d player and block.

That said, simple intelligence does not make a football player. Look at Ryan Fitzpatrick who got the highest score ever for a QB. He is not a great QB becuase he does not have the athletic ability. So, its something that must go hand in hand.
__________________

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,561
Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wonderlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I got 16/20, so I missed 4, 10, 11 and 18. For that printer type question I said 20 pages, which is practically correct, but not what they were looking for. So whatever, I guess I should be an NFL QB now? I'd be happy to take Orlovsky's spot on the roster!
You should get extra credit for answering 20 on that question.


I know printing as well.
If such an article is allowed 21 pages, I would use 20 pages for the printed text and one page (the first page) for title and illustration.
This will be easiest, but there are also other variations that I can suggest.

IMO, they should have different versions of the test for different positions.
And they need to tailor the questions to situations that apply to whatever is needed at each of those positions.

What the heck does a player need to know about daylight saving time or amount of snowfall for????
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011   #17
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!
 
Dutchrudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Houston
Section: Fort Kickass
Age: 30
Posts: 15,063
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wonderlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I hear what you are saying, but I guess it depends on the position. A QB, needs to have reasonable intelligence to absorb the playbook and be able to see what the D is presenting and make changes. He does not have to be a genius, but needs to have adequate intelligence.

RB on the other hand, does not require great intelligence. You get the ball, run into the hole, and hold onto the ball. On passing plays, you pick up a d player and block.

That said, simple intelligence does not make a football player. Look at Ryan Fitzpatrick who got the highest score ever for a QB. He is not a great QB becuase he does not have the athletic ability. So, its something that must go hand in hand.
Yeah, I agree. I'm just saying that the test isn't indicative of the type of intelligence needed for football. Every guy on the field has to memorize a ton of plays, the names, the calls for plays and the codes of the audibles. For some teams, that is an enormous amount of information, and the smarter they are, the easier it should be. I can see how this test might indicate how quickly they will pick that up, but I think that sort of information can be gauged better through an interview.

However, a QB really needs problem solving skills to be able to recognize defensive plays. I think there might be somewhat significant correlation between the two, but I don't think it matters all that much. I would have no problem with our team drafting a QB who has good film from college, but a bad wonderlich score, but I would not like to see the Texans draft a guy who sucks in college but gets a 45 on the test. In the grand scheme of things, the wonderlich just seems irrelevant to me, and I really don't like the emphasis some place on prospects who score poorly.
__________________
Life is too important to be taken seriously. -Oscar Wilde
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011   #18
Doppelganger
None
 
Doppelganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,869
Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wonderlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah, I agree. I'm just saying that the test isn't indicative of the type of intelligence needed for football. Every guy on the field has to memorize a ton of plays, the names, the calls for plays and the codes of the audibles. For some teams, that is an enormous amount of information, and the smarter they are, the easier it should be. I can see how this test might indicate how quickly they will pick that up, but I think that sort of information can be gauged better through an interview.

However, a QB really needs problem solving skills to be able to recognize defensive plays. I think there might be somewhat significant correlation between the two, but I don't think it matters all that much. I would have no problem with our team drafting a QB who has good film from college, but a bad wonderlich score, but I would not like to see the Texans draft a guy who sucks in college but gets a 45 on the test. In the grand scheme of things, the wonderlich just seems irrelevant to me, and I really don't like the emphasis some place on prospects who score poorly.
Yep. The key is to be a good college player. a below average athlete may know what to do, but doesn't have the ability to do it. The athlete that cannot process fast enough may know how to do it, but not be able to recognize it quickly.

I actually think a great test would be to show a player some POV game film and ask them position specific questions. Such as, to the QB: to tell us where the blitz is coming from, what kind of coverage is the D showing you, what kind of audible would you change to, etc. This kind of task would depict processing speed.

The problem with this, though it it takes too long. You would probably need an hour or two of time with a player to get a good understanding of their mind for the game. Plus you need to meet with a young man individually. A wonderlich can be administered to an auditorium in about 12 minutes. Time is the key here.
__________________

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Texan_Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston. Mediocrity Lives Here!!
Section: Bull Pen!!
Age: 47
Posts: 48,472
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wonderlich

"Six"
__________________
We SUCK AGAIN!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Willis
Age: 58
Posts: 24,193
Rep Power: 118212 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wonderlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Yep. The key is to be a good college player. a below average athlete may know what to do, but doesn't have the ability to do it. The athlete that cannot process fast enough may know how to do it, but not be able to recognize it quickly.

I actually think a great test would be to show a player some POV game film and ask them position specific questions. Such as, to the QB: to tell us where the blitz is coming from, what kind of coverage is the D showing you, what kind of audible would you change to, etc. This kind of task would depict processing speed.

The problem with this, though it it takes too long. You would probably need an hour or two of time with a player to get a good understanding of their mind for the game. Plus you need to meet with a young man individually. A wonderlich can be administered to an auditorium in about 12 minutes. Time is the key here.

They already do the film stuff and the rest in the interview process. The wonderlich is not given a great deal of weight. As evidenced by VY going #3. It does help establish a baseline. More than anything, it shows a little insight on just how serious a player is taking the process.

All the teams spend extensive time evaluating the prospects they are interested in. The wonderlich is just a small part of that.
__________________
Re: Who starts at QB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger