Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-06-2011   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: A Williams, and a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Bah. According to the Kubiak lovers, there has been NO player who's
gone on to do ANYTHING significant once the Texans let him go. Smithiak
has the best eyes for talent than ANY front office in the NFL, dontyaknow?
You're making shit up. I challenge you to find any such statement, from any thread, from any time.

The argument is that no-one Kubiak inherited was worth a shit, minus Andre Johnson.

Kubiak brought in (& subsequently released) Tramon Williams after 31 other teams passed on him 7 times in the NFL draft.
Old 02-06-2011   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Ozzie Newsome cut James Harrison once. Heck, the Steelers cut James Harrison multiple times. It happens.

Is it possible Tramon Williams was a better, hungrier, smarter player when he got to Green Bay than when he was here?
It took him two and a half years to crack the starting lineup, three years to solidify himself as a permanent fixture.

I'd say the guy worked his ass off to prove he belonged in the league.
Old 02-06-2011   #23
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I'm so tired of hearing aout how the Texans cut Williams.

Although I have no data to support it, I'm fairly confident that every team in the NFL has cut some one only to see them bloom on another team.

This team has bigger problems than "The Texans are so backwards, they would have been contenders with Tramon Williams had they not cut him".

I'm sure if he was playing CB for the 2010 Texans he wouldn't have played to the level he played on the Packers Defense this year, thats forsure.

Bush and Gibbs could have had Scrabble, Revis, and any choice of Safeties and still wouldn't have been able to get the pass defense in to the low 20's!!!!!

Cutting Tramon Williams was not what did in the 2010 Texans....
some how i have to strongly disagree with you, Good players can make bad coaches look good. Since Tony Dungy left the colts, they havent been the same, they have been good but thats cause they have such talent, is it the coach that makes them look so good ???? Probably not.
Old 02-07-2011   #24
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
32 teams passed on Tramon Williams in seven rounds of the draft, so yeah, even the Packers didn't see it in him for a couple years. Really, no one should be blaming the Texans for letting this guy go when they did.
Yeah, of all the things you CAN criticize them for, this is a very small thing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read