Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-05-2011   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A Williams, and a way

Quote:
IRVING, Texas — If Bob McNair is wondering why his Houston Texans [team stats] seem mired in mediocrity, he need only watch Tramon Williams tomorrow night.

Williams is “the other cornerback” of the Packers, a title that comes with playing on the opposite side of 2009 Defensive Player of the Year Charles Woodson. Having said that, Williams is anything but “the other” anything, as his nine interceptions this season suggest.

Four years ago, however, Williams was an employee of McNair’s Texans, who had the foresight to sign him as an undrafted free agent. What they didn’t have was the foresight to sign him to the practice squad after releasing him among their final cuts. That’s not to say the Packers were exactly prescient themselves, because if they had been they wouldn’t have waited nearly three months to sign the former Louisiana Tech cornerback to their practice squad.
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/c...&position=also
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #2
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Williams, and a way

Bah. According to the Kubiak lovers, there has been NO player who's
gone on to do ANYTHING significant once the Texans let him go. Smithiak
has the best eyes for talent than ANY front office in the NFL, dontyaknow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubiak Lover
DexmanC. You're too negative. Don't you have ANYTHING positive to say?
Just thought I'd quote you guys first, before someone asks me that question. When
this team becomes a REAL NFL squad, positive words will flow forth like the waters of
a monsoon.
Old 02-05-2011   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post

Just thought I'd quote you guys first, before someone asks me that question. When
this team becomes a REAL NFL squad, positive words will flow forth like the waters of
a monsoon.

problem is that there seems to be no gray area between supporters and no supporters ...

most threads get derailed so bad that it makes congress smile

anyway.. the ipad wasn't letting me quote(it was scrolling the whole page and not just the thread)

what I wanted to quote also

Quote:
“I feel like I put together a quality training camp in Houston, and things just didn’t go my way at that point,” Williams said this week. “I know I didn’t like the feeling of being cut, so that’s what I really took from it.

“I went into Green Bay with a fearless attitude that if I didn’t make the team for a reason, I’d done everything I possibly could to make it.”
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86073 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think recognizing players is part of it but we have not been successful coaching our guys up. This might change with Phillips and his coaches. We will see.
Old 02-05-2011   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

a monsoon
Right now it should surprise no one that the waters seen flowing now are mostly in the form of copious and torrential diarrhea.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #6
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 17619 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm so tired of hearing aout how the Texans cut Williams.

Although I have no data to support it, I'm fairly confident that every team in the NFL has cut some one only to see them bloom on another team.

This team has bigger problems than "The Texans are so backwards, they would have been contenders with Tramon Williams had they not cut him".

I'm sure if he was playing CB for the 2010 Texans he wouldn't have played to the level he played on the Packers Defense this year, thats forsure.

Bush and Gibbs could have had Scrabble, Revis, and any choice of Safeties and still wouldn't have been able to get the pass defense in to the low 20's!!!!!

Cutting Tramon Williams was not what did in the 2010 Texans....
Old 02-05-2011   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

32 teams passed on Tramon Williams in seven rounds of the draft, so yeah, even the Packers didn't see it in him for a couple years. Really, no one should be blaming the Texans for letting this guy go when they did.
Old 02-05-2011   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 99011 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
32 teams passed on Tramon Williams in seven rounds of the draft, so yeah, even the Packers didn't see it in him for a couple years. Really, no one should be blaming the Texans for letting this guy go when they did.
The Texans should not be criticized for this one move. They should be lambasted for not developing a CB in 5 seasons (and counting).
Old 02-05-2011   #9
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, aside from the GB corner, what other quality players have slipped through Kubes' hands? It would be interesting to see how many have slipped through. Very few would also suggest Smith isn't finding all that many gems in the later/FA rounds.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #10
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

And. 32 other teams including us didn't draft foster these kinda things happen
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #11
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
And. 32 other teams including us didn't draft foster these kinda things happen
You could say that Foster was passed over by each team around 7 times..as is every other FA signing.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #12
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Ozzie Newsome cut James Harrison once. Heck, the Steelers cut James Harrison multiple times. It happens.

Is it possible Tramon Williams was a better, hungrier, smarter player when he got to Green Bay than when he was here?
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #13
texansdrummer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8155 texansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to texansdrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Ozzie Newsome cut James Harrison once. Heck, the Steelers cut James Harrison multiple times. It happens.

Is it possible Tramon Williams was a better, hungrier, smarter player when he got to Green Bay than when he was here?
Impossible.......it's all on the Texans. Getting cut couldn't have possibly made him work/try harder for his next (and possibly final) chance to play in the NFL. We're the only team that "misses" on things like this and every player available would "fit" perfectly to our system. There's no way a player could come to the Texans and not be an All-Pro if given the chance. Just look at Arian Foster.

(Do I really need to insert the "sarcasm" smiley here?)
texansdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #14
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

His quotes indicate this is exactly what happened.
Old 02-05-2011   #15
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

like other have said, nobody drafted him & it took 3 months after the texans cut him before the (injury-depleted) packers picked him up.

criticising the texans for this one is ridiculous. congrats to tramon also. hes learned well & had to work hard to get to where he is now
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #16
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25261 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
His quotes indicate this is exactly what happened.
I was curious as to when someone was going to point this out. He pretty much implies that he did not give it is all here. That a "good" camp was not going to get it done.
Old 02-05-2011   #17
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Right now it should surprise no one that the waters seen flowing now are mostly in the form of copious and torrential diarrhea.
I guess that's where Reliant gets its wonderful STANK scent from.
Old 02-05-2011   #18
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
ROFL

Uhhh Uhhh that smell

The smell of it surrounds you.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #19
texanchris
Veteran

Rep Power: 3782 texanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respected

texanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #20
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 4293 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Just out of curiosity, aside from the GB corner, what other quality players have slipped through Kubes' hands? It would be interesting to see how many have slipped through. Very few would also suggest Smith isn't finding all that many gems in the later/FA rounds.

Jason Babin?

Maybe there are others, but his name comes to mind. He too had to find his way, through Seattle, before the lights came on with the Titans.

My concern is that the players we do have are not being coached up right and making strides.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read