Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-04-2011   #41
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans breaking news?

How did this go from a thread saying 610 did not deliver the news they promised to a thread about Bob and Gary, You guys and ladies are dead set on making me listen to your rederick yet when I say Bob is Great or Gary is fine you hit the fan. It is good to not be you.
Old 02-04-2011   #42
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Perhaps this was the breaking news?
Barwin running again

Barwin running again is good news , that defense was never the same once he went down .... Now to get some good news on Demeco.

I dont care to rehash all the other bullshit , it'll just ruin my buzz

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #43
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
But the general consensus is that most of Gary's friend's don't have proven track records.
yes.. offensively they have been fine

defensively well.. that is another story
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #44
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

The news is here Houston team wins tailgating championship

FORT WORTH — Hundreds of fans crowded into Sundance Square to watch America's best parking lot chefs compete in the Bing National Tailgating Championship.

Or maybe they were just trying to stay warm.

Tailgating contestants started cooking at 5 a.m. Thursday and fans began gathering around 10 a.m. The temperature was 26 degrees at eatin' time.

When the smoke cleared, the Bull's Eye Tailgaters from Houston won the top prize of $15,000 and a gold-colored, fully functional gas barbecue grill.

It's a little glitzy.

The event was hosted by New Orleans Saints star Reggie Bush and Joe Cahn, the "Commish" of the Tailgating Institute of America.

The Bull's Eye team won the Houston semifinals back in November. The judges were former Texans lineman Steve McKinney, H-E-B president Scott McClelland and me. Ah, we remember those pork ribs well.

The Houston cookers defeated tailgate teams from Denver, New York, Phoenix, New Orleans and Seattle.

Do they even know what barbecue is in those cities? From now on, the winner of the Houston event should be given the national trophy to save everybody time and trouble.

The Bull's Eye team cooked (take a deep breath) brisket, jalapeño cheddar sausage, bacon-wrapped beef tenderloin, smoked Cajun sausage, beef ribs, pork ribs, Cajun pork tenderloin and chicken. Plus all the fixin's.

"We're a Southern state so we wanted to impress the judges with our volume of beef and other meats," said Jason Saldivar, who founded the Bull's Eye Tailgaters with his brothers Troy and Ray.

"This was definitely the coldest weather we ever cooked in. We were prepared with propane heaters, though. The biggest hurdle we had was timing everything so it would be hot off the grill when we served the judges. That's what we do: timing and execution."
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #45
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
How did this go from a thread saying 610 did not deliver the news they promised to a thread about Bob and Gary, You guys and ladies are dead set on making me listen to your rederick yet when I say Bob is Great or Gary is fine you hit the fan. It is good to not be you.
every thread has turned into this.. I don't know why some don't just post links to their previous posts instead of retyping everything
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #46
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 43270 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
every thread has turned into this.. I don't know why some don't just post links to their previous posts instead of retyping everything
Because they enjoy re-hashing it all?
Old 02-04-2011   #47
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Why do you hate Gary Kubiak.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-04-2011   #48
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hmm

Quote:
Randy : Can I get you something?
Second Jive Dude : 'S'mofo butter layin' me to da' BONE! Jackin' me up... tight me!
Randy : I'm sorry, I don't understand.
First Jive Dude : Cutty say 'e can't HANG!
Jive Lady : Oh stewardess! I speak jive.
Randy : Oh, good.
Jive Lady : He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.
Randy : All right. Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine?
Jive Lady : Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da' rebound on da' med side.
Second Jive Dude : What it is, big mama? My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap!
Jive Lady : Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da' help!
First Jive Dude : Say 'e can't hang, say seven up!
Jive Lady : Jive dude don't got no brains anyhow! Hmmph!
Old 02-04-2011   #49
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wonder how many people saw ..... the hidden message in my last post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Barwin running again is good news , that defense was never the same once he went down .... Now to get some good news on Demeco.

I dont care to rehash all the other bullshit , it'll just ruin my buzz

You can kiss my ass

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #50
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87860 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I can't listen to Josh Innes. I literally can't do it.
Josh Innes is the worst person on radio period. He should be a disk jockey because he doesn't know sports and is completely unlikeable.

I still don't know why so many people pimp 1560 though. Lance and that dude that got fired from Rome are the only people on the station that I can stand to listen to. Plus they were running ads smearing Charlie Pallilo which is not cool because CP is by far the best sports talk guy we have in Houston.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Gay should've been fired after his 3rd 5-7 season. Against one of the easiest schedules possible. TK how can you be so positive about Gary after four 5-7 seasons in a row. You continue to amaze me.
I'm not positive about Gary. Not one thing I said in that post says I'm positive about Gary.

And that was not the easiest schedule possible. 17 teams had easier schedules.

But if you want anti-Kubiak Ammo, three teams with more difficult schedules made the AFC playoffs, one won our division, the other (Jets) beat us on tie breakers.
Old 02-04-2011   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
See, this is why you get labeled. Gary's friends have failed. And he doesn't pull the plug on them until they're in deep shit.

Let me give you an example. Pete Caroll hired his buddy a year ago to run his offense in Seattle. Pete just fired his buddy after a year.

Caroll tasted success, got addicted, and decided to do whatever it takes to build a winner, even if it means realizing his buddy wasnt the best choice.

Get it?
Gary hired his buddy to run the defense. After one year, that defense was the best defense ever fielded by the Houston Texans. Gary went a second season with his friend running the defense. That defense was the worst defense the Texans had ever fielded.

Gary fired his friend. Get it?
Old 02-04-2011   #53
Neon Archie
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Neon Archie is a Hall of FamerNeon Archie is a Hall of FamerNeon Archie is a Hall of FamerNeon Archie is a Hall of FamerNeon Archie is a Hall of FamerNeon Archie is a Hall of FamerNeon Archie is a Hall of FamerNeon Archie is a Hall of FamerNeon Archie is a Hall of FamerNeon Archie is a Hall of Famer

He fired him about 10 games too late.
Neon Archie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #54
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The same way oh darn near every thread morphs into the same tired discussion. You have been here long enough not to ask a question like that.

I mean I could start a thread about the number of gray hairs in my beard and it would wind up in some version of people expressing the same thoughts that they already had about Kubiak, McNair or Smith.
Old 02-04-2011   #55
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I can't listen to Josh Innes. I literally can't do it.
That guy is on par with Mike Taylor from Ticket 760 in San Antonio.
Old 02-05-2011   #56
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Texans breaking news?

Errr, so did they never announce the news?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #57
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 84240 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
We need a Hank palm. Him in the 'Texans' hat was my avatar for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macho grande View Post
I agree. Who can make this happen????

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #58
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 43270 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
FS to the rescue!
Old 02-05-2011   #59
macho grande
Veteran

Section: thin air up here
Rep Power: 347 macho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Haha. Thanks.
macho grande is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #60
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Gary hired his buddy to run the defense. After one year, that defense was the best defense ever fielded by the Houston Texans. Gary went a second season with his friend running the defense. That defense was the worst defense the Texans had ever fielded.

Gary fired his friend. Get it?
No, Gary didn't fire Frank.

McNair fired him, whether he did so directly or MADE Gary fire him (via the threat of being fired himself unless he [Gary] did so on McNair's behalf) is the question.

But to assert that Gary up and fired Bush is comical, TK.

And that "best Texans defense ever" was ranked what, TK? Top 10? Top 15? Or lower than that?

In each defensive stat category, in 2009, the best the Texans finished was a few stat categories near the Top 10, a lot between 10 and 20, and a few categories had us between spots 20 and 32. Not nearly good enough to be celebrating it as "Best Texans defense ever," but hey...a 9-7 record was celebrated by many on here last year at this time. So it goes with the territory, I suppose.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read