Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-04-2011   #21
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans breaking news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I drink a lot of Kool-Aid. I'll go to the games in 2011. But even I am not expecting anything over 500.
I love me some Koolaide. I just want it made with something other than raw sewage in the future. It leaves a bad aftertaste otherwise.

.500 is about what I expect, as well. It can take a couple of seasons to implement a new defense, and with the looming lockout, missing those OTAs are going to set us back in that regard.
Old 02-04-2011   #22
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Perhaps this was the breaking news?
Barwin running again
Old 02-04-2011   #23
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak signs another extension through 2019 ?

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #24
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Barwin running again
Link to this?
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #25
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

So 610 came on and toute breaking news to hold its listeners cause we all know the jocks cannot do that, Then they snub the fact that they have no news. Typical of a sorry ass radio station
Old 02-04-2011   #26
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Barwin running again
The real news here is that he is bringing the stache back next season.
Old 02-04-2011   #27
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Texans breaking news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Link to this?
(psst, he provided a link)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-04-2011   #28
will742
Nukkkk

Rep Power: 102 will742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to will742

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
The real news here is that he is bringing the stache back next season.
Please, no!
will742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #29
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216706 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I love me some Koolaide. I just want it made with something other than raw sewage in the future. It leaves a bad aftertaste otherwise.

.500 is about what I expect, as well. It can take a couple of seasons to implement a new defense, and with the looming lockout, missing those OTAs are going to set us back in that regard.
Ah, yee have little faith........didn't you get the word that we already have "most of the pieces"?.............of course, the problem being that most of those pieces are broken.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #30
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Ah, yee have little faith........didn't you get the word that we already have "most of the pieces"?.............of course, the problem being that most of those pieces are broken.
That's a really good one!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #31
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
According to Texans' Marketing, the team has the best medical staff
and facilites in the NFL. In 2011, we're gonna have Demeco, Cushing, and
Barwin playing as they did in their respective rookie seasons. Although
they'll start the season 5-7, at least they'll be the "most exciting" team
in the NFL.

(all by myself.)
Old 02-04-2011   #32
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bob McNair unveils his new marketing scheme .

The Houston Texans .500

The newest race on the NASCAR circuit .

Round Dan
Old 02-04-2011   #33
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The reality is that McNair should have forced a change years ago, especially regarding hiring PROVEN coaches instead of FOGs that have proven to be inept and incompetent. This franchise gets no respect simply because it has never earned any respect.
What do we base this on?

I know it's difficult for you guys to see me or anything I say as anything other than the most wish-washy fan. One minute I'm on the Gary-Train, next minute I'm on the Get-him-the-Fck-out-Train.

But I've seen this argument before, I've argued against it before, yet it still pops up, still gets repeated, and people still believe it.

Gary hires his friends, so the fck what. They all do. Every coach in the NFL, when given the opportunity will hire their friends.

& in the case of Frank Bush, you're saying that he's been proven inept & incompetent.

When? When did you figure out that Frank Bush was inept & incompetent?

Was it after the 2009 season, when we fileded the best defense this team has ever had? Is that when you would have fired Bush for being inept & incompetent?

That defense was as good as the defense Greg Williams (who everyone here recognizes as a defensive genius) fielded in 2009. Statistically Frank Bush's defense bested or equaled Greg Williams defense in every category except turnovers. & while that very well may be the "only" stat that matters, it isn't enough (IMO) to consider Frank Bush inept. & damn sure doesn't justify firing Frank Bush.

2010, he had shown to not be able to handle the difficulties & obstacles thrown his way. Surely he deserved to have been fired. If you wish to argue he should have been fired at the bye week, I won't argue with that, but anything else would have been premature.
Old 02-04-2011   #34
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Texans breaking news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Gary hires his friends, so the fck what. They all do. Every coach in the NFL, when given the opportunity will hire their friends.
But the general consensus is that most of Gary's friend's don't have proven track records.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #35
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
But the general consensus is that most of Gary's friend's don't have proven track records.
So ... in other words ... you don't want Gary to try with a little help from his friends ?

Round Dan
Old 02-04-2011   #36
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texans are almost like a minor league farm for NFL coaches. We bring in noobs and let them wet their feet at the expense of the club's success.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #37
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 10578 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's not lose sight that this entire debacle is on 610, not the Texans.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #38
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

See, this is why you get labeled. Gary's friends have failed. And he doesn't pull the plug on them until they're in deep shit.

Let me give you an example. Pete Caroll hired his buddy a year ago to run his offense in Seattle. Pete just fired his buddy after a year.

Caroll tasted success, got addicted, and decided to do whatever it takes to build a winner, even if it means realizing his buddy wasnt the best choice.

Get it?
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #39
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What do we base this on?

I know it's difficult for you guys to see me or anything I say as anything other than the most wish-washy fan. One minute I'm on the Gary-Train, next minute I'm on the Get-him-the-Fck-out-Train.

But I've seen this argument before, I've argued against it before, yet it still pops up, still gets repeated, and people still believe it.

& in the case of Frank Bush, you're saying that he's been proven inept & incompetent.

When? When did you figure out that Frank Bush was inept & incompetent?

Was it after the 2009 season, when we fileded the best defense this team has ever had? Is that when you would have fired Bush for being inept & incompetent?

That defense was as good as the defense Greg Williams (who everyone here recognizes as a defensive genius) fielded in 2009. Statistically Frank Bush's defense bested or equaled Greg Williams defense in every category except turnovers. & while that very well may be the "only" stat that matters, it isn't enough (IMO) to consider Frank Bush inept. & damn sure doesn't justify firing Frank Bush.

2010, he had shown to not be able to handle the difficulties & obstacles thrown his way. Surely he deserved to have been fired. If you wish to argue he should have been fired at the bye week, I won't argue with that, but anything else would have been premature.
Gay should've been fired after his 3rd 5-7 season. Against one of the easiest schedules possible. TK how can you be so positive about Gary after four 5-7 seasons in a row. You continue to amaze me.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #40
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't listen to Josh Innes. I literally can't do it.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read