Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-11-2011   #41
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 95 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What is YOUR #11 pick selection? And let's all argue about it with each other.

First and foremost we have to see what moves the texans make in free agency where they are going to play Brian Cushing. I think if the texans sign a top corner & safeties in free agency then depending on his workouts I would go with OLB/DE - Justin Houston as he is the 2nd most complete 3-4 OLB in the draft behind Von Miller. I say no matter what if Houston is our guy don't trade down take him at #11 why risk losing him trying to get more picks that is to risky and it happens a lot when teams get all fancy being greedy unless he has a horrible workout. I think that this guy is going to rise on teams boards as the draft get closer and teams start to watch film and if has a great workout lookout he will be a top 15 overall talent.
Old 02-11-2011   #42
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What is YOUR #11 pick selection? And let's all argue about it with each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
First and foremost we have to see what moves the texans make in free agency where they are going to play Brian Cushing. I think if the texans sign a top corner & safeties in free agency then depending on his workouts I would go with OLB/DE - Justin Houston as he is the 2nd most complete 3-4 OLB in the draft behind Von Miller. I say no matter what if Houston is our guy don't trade down take him at #11 why risk losing him trying to get more picks that is to risky and it happens a lot when teams get all fancy being greedy unless he has a horrible workout. I think that this guy is going to rise on teams boards as the draft get closer and teams start to watch film and if has a great workout lookout he will be a top 15 overall talent.
What free agency?

There is nor likely to be a FA period before the draft
Old 02-12-2011   #43
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm leaning towards Aldon, but I'd really like to see a trade down and then pick Kerrigan.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011   #44
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Not sold on Jimmy Smith from Colorado at #11...not sure about Aldon Smith, don't think Prince Amukamara will be there and don't think Marcell Dareus will be there either. I think I want the Texans to draft Robert Quinn, but IDK, we have too many holes. If we're going secondary with the 11th pick, I want a FS and is Rahim Moore worth the 11th pick? Wouldn't mind Von Miller either, even if he's an Aggie, he's a bad ass player.
Old 02-12-2011   #45
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

You know every time I see this thread & think about posting a pick, then I think back to Spike Lee's "Do the right thing" you know the part where the doctor says, " those that know wont say & those that say don't know". Not trying to post anybody up but this early what are we really saying? I usually don't make my pick until the week of the draft, three maybe four days out max. just fyi

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011   #46
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
You know every time I see this thread & think about posting a pick, then I think back to Spike Lee's "Do the right thing" you know the part where the doctor says, " those that know wont say & those that say don't know". Not trying to post anybody up but this early what are we really saying? I usually don't make my pick until the week of the draft, three maybe four days out max. just fyi
Nothing wrong with debating until that time...

I think a lot of people appreciate what you bring to the table regarding draft/prospect talk.

I don't always agree with the analysis, but I do learn a lot about the prospects and the draft just from the discussion that takes place.

I just think that with all this time to pass, folks just want to become more familiar and keep up to date on everything draft...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011   #47
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Nothing wrong with debating until that time...

I think a lot of people appreciate what you bring to the table regarding draft/prospect talk.

I don't always agree with the analysis, but I do learn a lot about the prospects and the draft just from the discussion that takes place.

I just think that with all this time to pass, folks just want to become more familiar and keep up to date on everything draft...
I don't get this agree with the analysis thing yet keep blithering away with nonsensicalness stuff like it really matters, c'mon can't have it both ways except of course in the mock draft forum where everything is just made up anyway

ps. maybe its the beer doing the talking? fancy swilling some Stone Brewery Ruination India Pale Ale

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Sponsored links
Old 02-13-2011   #48
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't get this agree with the analysis thing yet keep blithering away with nonsensicalness stuff like it really matters, c'mon can't have it both ways except of course in the mock draft forum where everything is just made up anyway

ps. maybe its the beer doing the talking? fancy swilling some Stone Brewery Ruination India Pale Ale
Yeah...Not sure what you're saying here...LOL...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011   #49
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because, why not? Everyone understands it's a fluid process, it's still early.

The problem with our position in the draft is that it may not catch the end of the elite front 7 players. Assuming Fairley, Bowers, Dareus, Quinn and Miller are gone, we will have to make a difficult decision. Maybe someone like Ayers, who is versatile enough to play inside and outside LB in the 3-4? Or Aldon Smith. But are you happy with the 3rd highest rated 3-4 OLB at #11?

What we need to happen is for a couple of QBs and OL to stand out and work their way into the top 10, that way some of these defensive guys can get pushed down to us. Gabbert and Mallett need to have great combines. So do Nate Solder, Gabe Carimi, and Tyron Smith.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011   #50
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Gabbert and Mallett need to have great combines. So do Nate Solder, Gabe Carimi, and Tyron Smith.
I agree, sort of. I think one OT needs to stand out and separate himself from the pack. The teams below the Texans needing a LT won't feel they can wait on whoever falls to them.

It would behoove the Texans if Cam Newton has a great pre-draft workout. The Vikings could be poised to take him at #12, and the Texans at #11 would be a logical move up for a team looking for a young QB.

Also the Pats need a playmaker, and have 2 picks in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds. Belichick is buddies with Saban, and he may have eyes for Julio Jones. And he has the ammo to make the move.

There are a lot of scenarios where the Texans can get either a big time defender to fall, or have value at their draft position. Can Smithiak take advantage of the situation? By the time everyone in the war room's vote is counted, the opportunity might slip by. The Texans need a draft czar. Someone in control who can make a snap decision and tell everyone in the room to stfu.
Old 02-13-2011   #51
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

If we stay at 11 I'm feeling Aldon Smith more and more. I think my real preference would be to go ahead and give up our 2 to move up into the 4-6 range and take either Von Miller or Robert Quinn. Use a 3rd rounder on the secondary and hope there is FA so we can hit up the secondary a couple more times.
Old 02-13-2011   #52
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
If we stay at 11 I'm feeling Aldon Smith more and more. I think my real preference would be to go ahead and give up our 2 to move up into the 4-6 range and take either Von Miller or Robert Quinn. Use a 3rd rounder on the secondary and hope there is FA so we can hit up the secondary a couple more times.
this is the most reasonable to me so far. #11 pick is worth 1250 points compared to #4 pick 1800 points difference of 550. #42 pick is worth 480 so you would need to sweeten the deal. Arizona picking #5 is projected to select Von Miller, or maybe Robert Quinn so one of them should carry over to the 5th 6th overall selection where Texans wouldn't have to give up more than 2nd. This won't happen, if it does will be day of the draft as teams move up & down draft boards.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 02-14-2011   #53
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
this is the most reasonable to me so far. #11 pick is worth 1250 points compared to #4 pick 1800 points difference of 550. #42 pick is worth 480 so you would need to sweeten the deal. Arizona picking #5 is projected to select Von Miller, or maybe Robert Quinn so one of them should carry over to the 5th 6th overall selection where Texans wouldn't have to give up more than 2nd. This won't happen, if it does will be day of the draft as teams move up & down draft boards.
Ive even seen Miller being projected as high as 3 to the bills. If this happens Quinn will most likely go to the cards at 5. Despite Quinn missing an entire year he is a great talent that wade could groom into a great pass rusher IMO
Old 02-15-2011   #54
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I found this funny & expresses opinion from big players in buisness, there is no consensus of #11 pick? http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...ources/page/12

Julio #6 to Cleveland & Marcell Dareus available #11
I'd be all over Darius at #11.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read