Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-04-2011   #1
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What is YOUR #11 pick selection? And let's all argue about it with each other.

Who is your #11 pick for us and why?

I' going with Von Miller on this one. I ask think we need to find more big bodies pass rushers too.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #2
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What is YOUR #11 pick selection? And let's all argue about it with each other.

For the moment I am pulling for Prince Amukamara or Jimmy Smith.

Love me some first round corners.
Old 02-04-2011   #3
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What is YOUR #11 pick selection? And let's all argue about it with each other.

Miller probably wont be there.

Aldon Smith,Julio Jones,Justin Houston would be my choices in that order. Followed by Kerrigan and Taylor.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

If Miller's not there at 11 I'd do everythig I could to trade back to get a Kerrigan or Houston type guy. I can see a lot of late 1st and early 2nd players getting drafted earlier this year. Unless something changes, there's just not a lot of early 1st type players this year IMO. I might be wrong, and I'm just now getting heavily into the draft, but I don't see it at this point.
Old 02-04-2011   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Justin Houston. Most dynamic 34 pass rusher in this draft. Doesn't have the pure speed and athleticism of Von Miller but I think he can be a more complete player.
bah007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #6
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Stephen Paea. A solid anchor in the middle and I think will be for years to come.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
If Miller's not there at 11 I'd do everythig I could to trade back to get a Kerrigan or Houston type guy. I can see a lot of late 1st and early 2nd players getting drafted earlier this year. Unless something changes, there's just not a lot of early 1st type players this year IMO. I might be wrong, and I'm just now getting heavily into the draft, but I don't see it at this point.
I question Kerrigan's toughness .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-04-2011   #8
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

If Fairley, Dareus, Patterson, Bowers, and AJ Green are all gone, I want Julio Jones. The situation is ideal for him, much like Dez Bryant's situation in Dallas in which he wasn't asked to be a #1. I think he would make a HUGE impact for us, I really do.

I'm really scared of Von Miller. I don't trust his strength. He seems to be a pure speed guy, and I don't know if I want that type of guy as our premier OLB. I'd like to get a more all around player at that position. Barwin is our only viable OLB in the 3-4 right now and he's exactly the same type of player as Miller.

Right now I see Julio Jones as a bigger difference maker than any of the other available players.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #9
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

At #11, realistic possibilities:
Robert Quinn-OLB
Brandon Harris-CB

Wishful thinking possibilities:
Prince Amukamara-CB
Marcel Dareus-DT

Unrealistic possibilities:
Patrick Peterson-CB
Nick Fairley-DT
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
At #11, realistic possibilities:
Robert Quinn-OLB
Brandon Harris-CB

Wishful thinking possibilities:
Prince Amukamara-CB
Marcel Dareus-DT

Unrealistic possibilities:
Patrick Peterson-CB
Nick Fairley-DT
Agreed! Upend these guys and you have my draft order. I might go Houston over Quinn but like the rest. #11 has to give you a starter & I really do not see that coming as only Julio Jones will be available. Let's hope for a trade down. I do that every year anyway....
Old 02-05-2011   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

who Texans WILL pick who Texans SHOULD pick who WE agree they should pick or who I think we should pick is still up in the air

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #12
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Right now the top guy I think will be available is Justin Houston. I would also be ok with Aldon Smith or Julio Jones at 11, and a trade back for Taylor or Harris/Smith. I question drafting a DE in the first though even if someone like Watt is the top prospect left on the board. It seems like there are quite a few guys who could play DE in the 3-4 already on the roster (Williams, Smith, Mitchell & Okoye).
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #13
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL, I don't remember doing this thread.

I think I have a drinking problem...
Old 02-05-2011   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post

What ... you spill ?

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #15
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #16
Shaft75
Site Contributor

I remember watching the Steelers, Ravens, Packers, etc. and thinking we need some bigger bodies on the defensive side of the ball. A big tank in the middle, some beastly edge rushers and some interior wrecking balls.

I said Von Miller, which right now looks like it won't happen. I could see Quinn as that big outside LB type, but he seems a little too raw for the front office, also has off field issues. Cameron Jordan may fit also. I like the size and athleticism. I don't want to go secondary with this pick either.

So my pick is...

Von Quinn Jordan
Old 02-05-2011   #17
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
What ... you spill ?
Right into my mouth.
Old 02-05-2011   #18
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Julio Jones.

Best talent available and would finally give us a threat at the #2 wideout spot.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #19
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
Julio Jones.

Best talent available and would finally give us a threat at the #2 wideout spot.
If hes the bpa i have no objection taking julio but i would rather trade back to get more picks.
Old 02-06-2011   #20
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Jones is available at 11 would you think about trading 11 to the rams for 14 and 78 because i doubt they would give us their 2nd rounder

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read