Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-02-2011   #21
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Town Hall Conference Call: Bob McNair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
from the link
That is why if anyone should get fired it's Smith for his craptastic scouting.

I remember saying this a while back and people on here told me I didn't know what I was talking about and how Gary picked all the players.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011   #22
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I laugh every time people act like Gary Kubiak is this great offensive guru. He's by far one of the dumbest offensive coaches I've ever witnessed. First off it wasn't until like season 4 that this offense improved a lot under Gary Kubiak and he had Andre freaking Johnson here.

* Great offensive gurus have their offenses playing well for 4 quarters. Not two.

* Great offenses don't have a good running game 1 out of 5 seasons.

* A great offensive coach doesn't single handily blow his team's chances out of the playoffs by trusting an incompetent guy at the GL who has never proven that he was any type of GL back and then let that same back attempt TD passes to win a game.

* An offensive Guru doesn't find the most epic ways to lose games year after year.

* A great offensive Guru doesn't neglect the running game the way Gary did in several games last season when it worked great in the first half and forget about his stud horse play maker.

Sorry, but the Texans may put up a lot of yards in games and pad their stats here and there in certain categories, but one thing that's been consistent more than anything is Kubiak's ineptitude to win games with his offense and to not have his offenses making the epic mistake that determines whether he wins or loses. Sure it's the players on the field that have to make the plays, but Gary's offenses are more consistent than any team at the "epic fail" moments that are embarrassing. One season of that is one thing. It's Gary's MO, and he's no kind of offensive guru at all.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011   #23
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
One of the greatest offensive minds has got a lot of explaining to do, in terms of consistently failing to get his offense "in gear" until Quarter 4 of each game.
according to football outsiders' stats we averaged more yards per drive than any other team in 2010. according to announcers and my failing memory, we lead the league in longest scoring drives and scoring drives of 80 or more yards. since we were still an overall dominant offense despite our defense and obviously despite average field position (league leading rusher, 92 passer rating, 9th in points scored), i dont know if the "offensive mind" is an area i'd criticize too heavily. especially since it's been argued that the offensive playcalling (and it's at worst 22ppg+ in kubiak's time) has contually been adjusted to compensate for our entire lack of defense. similar to keeping peyton off the field, we tried to keep our defense off the field ... but apparently 55 seconds is plenty of time for them to lose games.

dont get me wrong, we've got areas to improve on offense (which would be helped with my following arguement), but we'd be doing a whole lot better if our average 36 yards per drive ended up in atleast fieldgoals instead of punts from midfield. i'm also aware that all support of kubiak's offense (or atleast his decisions) is rendered null by our second game against indy last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Is it where it should be, after having five full years of implementing it and securing the players he wants for it?
i know i'm biased, but ... dang. securing the players he wants for it? as far as i can tell we have 5 players on offense who were drafted on the first day (6 if you count tate) ... and we've got more than that many on the defensive line alone - along with first rounders at linebacker (and 33rd pick demeco) as well as in the secondary. we've sent most of our resources towards the defense - as evidenced by individual results (including 2 D-ROY's and arguably the most complete DE), but without the coaching to make a whole out of the great parts. to say kubiak is playing with a full compliment of players on offense is just absurd ... he's making lemonade (both all-pro's for the texans this season went undrafted) while leaving as much cap space to pass apples to the defense as possible ... short of 7 yearing andre of course, twice.

Last edited by Scooter; 02-03-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011   #24
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I laugh every time people act like Gary Kubiak is this great offensive guru. He's by far one of the dumbest offensive coaches I've ever witnessed. First off it wasn't until like season 4 that this offense improved a lot under Gary Kubiak and he had Andre freaking Johnson here.

* Great offensive gurus have their offenses playing well for 4 quarters. Not two.

* Great offenses don't have a good running game 1 out of 5 seasons.

* A great offensive coach doesn't single handily blow his team's chances out of the playoffs by trusting an incompetent guy at the GL who has never proven that he was any type of GL back and then let that same back attempt TD passes to win a game.

* An offensive Guru doesn't find the most epic ways to lose games year after year.

* A great offensive Guru doesn't neglect the running game the way Gary did in several games last season when it worked great in the first half and forget about his stud horse play maker.

Sorry, but the Texans may put up a lot of yards in games and pad their stats here and there in certain categories, but one thing that's been consistent more than anything is Kubiak's ineptitude to win games with his offense and to not have his offenses making the epic mistake that determines whether he wins or loses. Sure it's the players on the field that have to make the plays, but Gary's offenses are more consistent than any team at the "epic fail" moments that are embarrassing. One season of that is one thing. It's Gary's MO, and he's no kind of offensive guru at all.

2008 3rd in offense
2009 4th in offense
2010 3rd in offense

Yeah that Kubiak guy sucks when it comes to the offense.

Old 02-03-2011   #25
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post

2008 3rd in offense
2009 4th in offense
2010 3rd in offense

Yeah that Kubiak guy sucks when it comes to the offense.
Talk about making yourself look dumb with those facepalms.

You don't even know how to properly analyze an offense. I could care less about NFL rankings on random offensive statistics that mean zilch at the end of the day. NFL rankings don't mean squat. In case you haven't noticed, points scored is what "wins games". The SD Chargers were #1 in offense and #1 in defense throughout half the season last year and their record looked like shit. NFL rankings of categories like yards, minutes of possession, and a ton of other things that they use are about as meaningless as back loaded NFL contracts with how misleading they are.

2008 3rd in offense? - They were a whopping 17th in offense in PPG.

2009 4th in offense? - They were a whopping 10th in offense in PPG.

2010 3rd in offense? - They were a whopping 9th in offense in PPG.

Next time educate yourself before throwing that tired facepalm around. If anything those statistics prove my point, which is regardless of how many stats Gary's offenses can pick up and paint a pretty picture with they don't amount to many wins and the furthest he's cracked in PPG is 9th in 5 years of building an offense where he already had Andre Johnson. Lol! Thanks for proving my point even further.
Old 02-03-2011   #26
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
Take a look at the offensive and defensive rankings for 2009. If what you say is true then we should have already made that splash in the playoffs.
The Texans were right there in the hunt for the last playoff spot in 2009. If it wasn't for the 30th ranked running game not being able to pick up a yard in two games and a horrid kicker missing two game tying field goals things could have been different. Those problems looked fixed in 2010, though, so if the offense doesn't regress and the defense improves to the mid teens this team could make the playoffs.

I say 'could' because I'm not truly convinced myself that this team won't find new ways to lose games next year.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011   #27
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
according to football outsiders' stats we averaged more yards per drive than any other team in 2010. according to announcers and my failing memory, we lead the league in longest scoring drives and scoring drives of 80 or more yards. since we were still an overall dominant offense despite our defense and obviously despite average field position (league leading rusher, 92 passer rating, 9th in points scored), i dont know if the "offensive mind" is an area i'd criticize too heavily. especially since it's been argued that the offensive playcalling (and it's at worst 22ppg+ in kubiak's time) has conintually been adjusted to compensate for our entire lack of defense. similar to keeping peyton off the field, we tried to keep our defense off the field ... but apparently 55 seconds is plenty of time for them to lose games.
And this whole stat game you're playing with here is exactly what I was talking about in my last post. What does this prove? It proves that with all of the pretty stats that make an offense seem great under Kubiak his offense either fails to out score the other team in the first half or the 2nd half or has some sort of epic fail at the end of a game.

I could take just about any team in the league and find some sort of stats about their offense or their defense and make it seem like they were effective somehow at doing their job, but at the end of the day it's about what you score or what you don't allow the other team to score.

I remember years ago one of those Eagles teams that lost in the NFC championship had horrible stats as far as how many yards they gave up to other teams, yet they were one of the best defensive units in the league. You know why? They were either in the top 3 or they were the best defense in the league in the "red zone". Teams couldn't score TD's on them for nothing. It was nothing but FG's that teams scored on them, and that same unit was one of the best defenses in the league for years. At the end of the day they had "discipline" and they did their job which was to stop the other team from putting up a lot of points.

Gary's offenses over the last 3 seasons may have put up nice stats when you try to tell a story with them, but they've lacked more discipline than than anything I've ever seen.
Sponsored links
Old 02-03-2011   #28
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
The Texans were right there in the hunt for the last playoff spot in 2009. If it wasn't for the 30th ranked running game not being able to pick up a yard in two games and a horrid kicker missing two game tying field goals things could have been different. Those problems looked fixed in 2010, though, so if the offense doesn't regress and the defense improves to the mid teens this team could make the playoffs.

I say 'could' because I'm not truly convinced myself that this team won't find new ways to lose games next year.
And that offensive guru was the moron that thought Chris Brown could punch the ball in win the game for us in those games where Brown fumbled and gave the game away twice on those plays and he threw a pick that gave another game away. That was Gary Kubiak's decision to "ride with that guy". That's 3 games! Hell, take just two of those bad decisions out of the equation and the Texans go 11-5 and make the post season. Sorry, but that's not the act of an offensive guru of a coach. He cost this team a playoff spot.
Old 02-03-2011   #29
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You don't even know how to properly analyze an offense. I could care less about NFL rankings on random offensive statistics that mean zilch at the end of the day. NFL rankings don't mean squat. In case you haven't noticed, points scored is what "wins games". The SD Chargers were #1 in offense and #1 in defense throughout half the season last year and their record looked like shit. NFL rankings of categories like yards, minutes of possession, and a ton of other things that they use are about as meaningless as back loaded NFL contracts with how misleading they are.

Next time educate yourself before throwing that tired facepalm around. If anything those statistics prove my point, which is regardless of how many stats Gary's offenses can pick up and paint a pretty picture with they don't amount to many wins and the furthest he's cracked in PPG is 9th in 5 years of building an offense where he already had Andre Johnson. Lol! Thanks for proving my point even further.
Maybe it wasn't the offenses fault that Houston didn't have more wins? You realize the Texans had more PPG than either team in the Super Bowl, right? Sometimes it's about how many points the defense gives up.

Offenses:
Houston was 9th in PPG (24.4)
Green Bay was 10th in PPG (24.2)
Pittsburgh was 12th in PPG (23.4)

Defenses:
Steelers gave up 14.5 PPG (1st in the NFL)
Green Bay gave up 15.0 PPG (2nd in the NFL)
Houston gave up 26.7 PPG (29th in the NFL)
Old 02-03-2011   #30
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
And that offensive guru was the moron that thought Chris Brown could punch the ball in win the game for us in those games where Brown fumbled and gave the game away twice on those plays and he threw a pick that gave another game away. That was Gary Kubiak's decision to "ride with that guy". That's 3 games! Hell, take just two of those bad decisions out of the equation and the Texans go 11-5 and make the post season. Sorry, but that's not the act of an offensive guru of a coach. He cost this team a playoff spot.
Personally I think Houston has a good offense. It has been in the top ten the past 2 years. It's the defense that needs to be fixed and I hope Wade gets the job done.

I was hoping Mcnair fired Kubiak this off-season. Why? Kubiak could have coached the #1 ranked offense, but he's not the offensive coordinator for the Texans, he's the Head Coach, and as the coach he has coached this team for five years and still hasn't gotten them to the playoffs. I've gotten over Mcnair keeping him this offseason though, and am hoping for the best in 2011. With that said if Phillips can get this defense to be respectable this team should make the playoffs next year if their offense doesn't regress.
Old 02-03-2011   #31
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Maybe it wasn't the offenses fault that Houston didn't have more wins? You realize the Texans had more PPG than either team in the Super Bowl, right? Sometimes it's about how many points the defense gives up.

Offenses:
Houston was 9th in PPG (24.4)
Green Bay was 10th in PPG (24.2)
Pittsburgh was 12th in PPG (23.4)

Defenses:
Steelers gave up 14.5 PPG (1st in the NFL)
Green Bay gave up 15.0 PPG (2nd in the NFL)
Houston gave up 26.7 PPG (29th in the NFL)
You're doing exactly what I keep talking about. you're looking for ways to paint a better picture. Those offenses you just mentioned are right there with the Texans at 10th and 12th and GB was .2 away from them. Pittsburgh has never been known for having a great offense and Ben was out for the first 4 games of the season. Would anyone really call Pitt a great offense?

It's no secret that the Texans defense was by far the biggest reason why they lost most games. No would argue that, but how many games were lost where people all over town were highly criticizing Gary's play calling at the end of a close game where he just couldn't get it done when it counted? That's what an offensive GURU does. He gets his players prepared for those situations, where the epic fail doesn't happen as often as it does and has when this offense is on the field. How many times now under Kubiak has our QB in Schaub thrown a pick to lose the game or some RB made some awful fumble or a Rosencoptor episode type of deal? It's all to often and after while that's not on the players. That's on the coaching staff when it's consistent. It's a reason why the Steelers, the Patriots, and the Colts win so many games every year and it's not just defense. When games are on the line and their offenses need to execute they don't have the constant epic fails. Those offenses are prepared.

And what's so crazy about all of the wonderful stats you can seek out about the Texans offense is that the majority of those stats come in 2 quarters of a game!!! Imagine what would happen if a real offensive guru could get this team to play 4 great quarters of offense instead of Gary's "epic 2nd half."
Old 02-03-2011   #32
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You're doing exactly what I keep talking about. you're looking for ways to paint a better picture. Those offenses you just mentioned are right there with the Texans at 10th and 12th and GB was .2 away from them. Pittsburgh has never been known for having a great offense and Ben was out for the first 4 games of the season. Would anyone really call Pitt a great offense?
I'm not trying to paint a better picture of the Texans team. You mentioned that 'points scored is what wins games". I was merely pointing out that Houston scored more points than either Pittsburgh or Green Bay this year. The biggest reason they're both in the Super Bowl instead of Houston is that they are #1 & #2 in giving up the fewest points in the entire league, while Houston is 29th.

Quote:
but how many games were lost where people all over town were highly criticizing Gary's play calling at the end of a close game where he just couldn't get it done when it counted? That's what an offensive GURU does. He gets his players prepared for those situations, where the epic fail doesn't happen as often as it does and has when this offense is on the field.
I agree. I was right there criticizing Kubiak for going away from the running game when it seemed to be working in the game @Indy. I'm not arguing Kubiak being some sort of offensive guru, but merely pointing out that Houston's offense is a top ten unit.
Old 02-03-2011   #33
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:

I was being nice and responding only to the post and not you on a personal level.

However if you are going to act like and 8 year old girl I can do the same as well.

If you despise this team as much as you do why don't you go route for another team b/c I am tired of reading your senseless dribble and out right trollish nature. Go pull your head out of your keaster and realize the sky's not falling Chicken Little.

And before you go off and tell me to educate myself why don't you do the same and realize there is a difference between PPG and overall offense.

Isn't there a Cowboy chat board you could be visiting right now?

Old 02-03-2011   #34
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I find it hilarious that so many of you spend so much time and energy to explain how "smart" you are by telling us "sheeple" that the offense is actually terrible and since Kubiak is also terrible they have been terrible always.

Fix the defense then ***** about the stupid nitpicky shit that most fans come up with during the offseason (like the new meme that Schaub is a terrible QB). It'd be one thing if we were doing good things on both sides of the ball but we were just being picky about the offense. But No! We have one of the worst defenses and have had one of the worst defenses no matter what statistic you use in the league for the last 4 years. But what do I get to read? Some asshole trying to "educate" me on how really the best side of the Texans football is actually the worse because they don't perform perfectly every single time and don't use that stat use this stat see when you use this stat then Kubiak is stupid and it proves my point ha!

I really don't think anybody on the board should be allowed to ***** about how awful they think the offense is with the defense still giving up more than 25 points a game.
Old 02-03-2011   #35
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

What Mcnair failed to include in his draft process quotes is that after the team looks over who and where they have a player ranked, they then unscramble that positioning and rank according to who can be the easiest to sign.

That's what they said were the reasons for signing David Carr and Mario Williams.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011   #36
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Take away the Patriots offensive efficiency, I'd like to see how many points that defense would allow.
Bingo.
Old 02-03-2011   #37
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
Take a look at the offensive and defensive rankings for 2009. If what you say is true then we should have already made that splash in the playoffs.
Well i'll say this we were still in the hunt evenafter our last game, the jets lose 1 of last 2 games and we were in. instead the colts and bengals both lay down and play their reserves. the pats played MOST of their starters. I could taste the play offs last year, it was still one of our better years.
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011   #38
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The defense needs to be fixed 1st and foremost. Good news is there's no way a Phillips coached defense is going to be historically bad.

The offense isn't bad but their not as good as their stats look. Part of the reason for this is after the Rosencopter game Gary lost his agressiveness late in games when the Texans have a lead. I expected this to happen it's human nature. The Texans are only agressive when they're behind in the 4th qtr. Staying agressive throughout the game regardless of the outcome is the mark of a great HC. The god awful defense may also be part of the reason Gary fails to stay agressive late in games. (You cant really blame Gary for this thought process) Of course Garys the one that advocated hiring R.Smith and F.Bush. So you can really blame him for getting inexperienced guys in positions they were unqualified for. (But that's a story for another post.)

The Rosencopter ruined Gary as a HC and that's sad. Because I really like the guy. I'm hoping just like after 2009 Gary can get his team to play 4qtrs.

History says he wont be able to get his team to play hard for 4qtrs and the Texans will remain a 7-9,8-8 team.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011   #39
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Well i'll say this we were still in the hunt evenafter our last game, the jets lose 1 of last 2 games and we were in. instead the colts and bengals both lay down and play their reserves. the pats played MOST of their starters. I could taste the play offs last year, it was still one of our better years.
Ifs=no playoffs=Fail
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011   #40
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Ifs=no playoffs=Fail
i agree we shouldn't have put ourselves in position to need help, but even though we didn't make the play-offs it was still a pretty exciting time for us fans. Considering we haven't had much to be excited about.
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read