Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-31-2011   #41
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair: "A championship is only bottom line that matters"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Gimme $500.00 on Belichick to win.
Old 01-31-2011   #42
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Thanks much CB.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011   #43
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
See, I know I've been changed as a fan (for good I suspect) because I read this article and can't help but think "What an *******".

I know that's not really what he's like. At least I'm pretty sure it isn't. I understand that he thinks he's doing the right thing and that he wants to win. It's not that he's an *******. It's that he's far out of his element and that makes him as clueless as you or I would be trying to cut diamonds professionally or performing a triple bypass on someone (assuming none of you do either of jobs for a living, I don't).

I don't believe him. I don't believe in him. I think he does this kind of interview at this time of year because (as Mr. White said) it's time to get people thinking of season tickets for 2011.

When I think about that then I start thinking he's an *******.
Probably the best post I've read on here in a month.

And I think you wrote the one a month ago that I am referring to.

Every coach who comes to this franchise has to lie and say they can "get it done with the player(s) already here..." so that's been the most honest valuation of this team to date. Even Capers falls into this description, because he got screwed with a ****ty expansion draft except for Gary Walker and Seth Payne (meh, throw in Aaron Glenn too. Three players out of the whole damn thing).

LOL. This team was screwed in the beginning, via a poor expansion draft pool, and now McNair (out of fear) is screwing himself. Brilliantly played. But hey, it's "not just about financial success. No sir."

McNair, shovel, manure, mushrooms. I'm noticing a pattern here.
Old 01-31-2011   #44
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Probably the best post I've read on here in a month.

And I think you wrote the one a month ago that I am referring to.

Every coach who comes to this franchise has to lie and say they can "get it done with the player(s) already here..." so that's been the most honest valuation of this team to date. Even Capers falls into this description, because he got screwed with a ****ty expansion draft except for Gary Walker and Seth Payne (meh, throw in Aaron Glenn too. Three players out of the whole damn thing).

LOL. This team was screwed in the beginning, via a poor expansion draft pool, and now McNair (out of fear) is screwing himself. Brilliantly played. But hey, it's "not just about financial success. No sir."

McNair, shovel, manure, mushrooms. I'm noticing a pattern here.

Dukes on some Houston radio sports show was saying the Texans got screwed over by the league because of new expansion team rules that didn't apply to Carolina or Jaxy back when they came into the league. He also said what you said, the team got started off in the wrong direction from its inception.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011   #45
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanchris View Post
Maybe Bob should hire someone to edit what hes going to say before he says it so he doesnt sound like a moron. I mean really, panthers made it to the super bowl and jaguars to the Championship game and he thinks we are better franchise? We have yet to make the playoffs and hardly managed our first winning season. I find it funny how he talks about how bad those 2 teams are now yet the jaguars beat us this season. Granted, it was a fluke play but a win is a win and that unsuccesful jaguars team lately still managed to get 2 more wins than us.
I do believe that Bob was pointing out the discrepancies in what the expansion teams were given.
Old 01-31-2011   #46
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58272 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought about this for a while. I don't think anyone here can claim to have enough knowledge to know how to fix the team. I don't think any of us have enough staked in the game to have a comparable concern about winning as Mcnair either.

The reality is, there are some people who would scream for Cowher, some for Fischer, some for Gruden and some for Kubiak. If Mcnair hires any of them.. 75% would have an "I told you so" card in their pocket. If 3, 4 or 5 years into a Cowher, Gruden or Fisher campaign, we were 8-8 or 9-7 (which all three of those coaches finished SEVERAL times... 75% would carry their card in and say "haa... Mcnair is an *****".

The same people who wanted Bodden, Haynesworth, Adam Pacman Jones et al have somehow determined that Mcnair is a tightwad for not signing their guy. The people who want the coaches fired and/or hired... think they could have finished it.

Personally I hope that Mcnair doesn't listen to the fans at all. I hope he puts football guys in position to make football decisions. If he had listened to fans we'd have just gotten rid of our number 1 overall pick. That or we'd have an over-hyped scat back with a fumbling problem. If he listens to football people eventually it'll get done right. When that happens, don't go all Jerrah on us and fire your "Jimmy Johnson".

Either way... Go Texans.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011   #47
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
If those are the only teams you think he should be worried about,................you've just probably made Kubiak one happy son of a gun.
Not what I was trying to indicate. Just that those four teams will likely be the toughest opponents on the schedule next year. If 0-2 means Kubiak's screwed then hopefully the toughest teams on the schedule aren't at the beginning of it. Houston was 4-2 at the beginning of the year, but they collapsed during the toughest part of their schedule.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-01-2011   #48
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Dukes on some Houston radio sports show was saying the Texans got screwed over by the league because of new expansion team rules that didn't apply to Carolina or Jaxy back when they came into the league. He also said what you said, the team got started off in the wrong direction from its inception.
That's just part of it.

When Jax/Carolina came into the league, teams had not yet figured out how to keep their best players under the salary cap. Most teams were in salary cap hades, but the Panthers and Jags had no bad contracts because they were new, and had lots of money to spend.

The Texans tried to get more draft picks, but the NFL, unhappy with the early success of Panthers/Jags, wanted no part of it.

The best players the Texans got through the expansion draft was all about taking bad contracts off the hands of other teams--otherwise, those teams wouldn't expose good players.

Ultimately, I think people are so unhappy with what has happened with the team that they miss the fundamental thing McNair was saying...which is winning matters and Forbes valuations mean nothing if you aren't selling the team (and he claims they are not accurate). When you are mad at how things are going, you tend to read things in the worst possible way.

The comments about not having owner mentors from the beginning is weird though.
Old 02-01-2011   #49
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Charley Casserly and Dom Capers have been gone for 5 years. It's past time to stop blaming them for what's wrong with the Texans today. It's not the NFL's tougher expansion rules that are crux of the Texans problems. That was 9 years ago.

The problem is that the guy at the top doesn't know how to run the football side of a NFL franchise. Still. Sure, McNair's making money hand over fist. Mike Brown and the Bengals can do that. But producing winning teams on the field? Bob hasn't a clue.

What need to happen is for McNair to step away from the football side completely, much like the Cowboys original owner Clint Murchison had done. Hire the very best football guy available and let him run the organization in total. McNair would have one decision point Is the guy I hired to run the organization getting the job done? I don't know how McNair made his $millions (or $billions). But, it doesn't translate to winning in the NFL. Bob McNair needs to come to the realization that the problem is Bob McNair.
Old 02-01-2011   #50
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Charley Casserly and Dom Capers have been gone for 5 years. It's past time to stop blaming them for what's wrong with the Texans today. It's not the NFL's tougher expansion rules that are crux of the Texans problems. That was 9 years ago.

The problem is that the guy at the top doesn't know how to run the football side of a NFL franchise. Still. Sure, McNair's making money hand over fist. Mike Brown and the Bengals can do that. But producing winning teams on the field? Bob hasn't a clue.

What need to happen is for McNair to step away from the football side completely, much like the Cowboys original owner Clint Murchison had done. Hire the very best football guy available and let him run the organization in total. McNair would have one decision point Is the guy I hired to run the organization getting the job done? I don't know how McNair made his $millions (or $billions). But, it doesn't translate to winning in the NFL. Bob McNair needs to come to the realization that the problem is Bob McNair.
You don't think that McNair is involved in football operations do you?
Old 02-01-2011   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Interesting read. I found this part to be enlightening:
Quote:
In retrospect, he admits he wishes he'd sought the counsel of his experienced peers, but at the time there was a pretty good reason why he chose not to.

"I'd been negotiating with them over the price of the team," McNair said.

"They were trying to get as high a price as they could, and I was trying to get a reasonable price," he said. "After you've gone through that, you're not real confident talking to those folks and asking for advice - not after they've just finished trying to take every nickel you have.

"I mean, how much could I trust them? I had to learn who would be honest and candid with me. That took some time."
I have always been under the impression that he sought their advice in the beginning, but this paints an entirely different picture.

I do not question his desire to win. To me, at least, that's a no brainer. You spend a billion on a football team, you damn sure want to win. However, that being said, I think the learning curve and loyalty issues have really cost him in the past 9 seasons. Hopefully his decisions pay off in 2011 (provided there's a season, of course). A decade of futility is good for nobody in this city, owner included.
He did talk to other owners about several things. But the things he mentioned specifically, I think it was pretty obvious that he was going by what Casserly was telling him, "you're going to have to overpay to get decent talent in Houston, to win."

Which more or less is true. I have no problem with overpaying for elite talent. But we were overpaying for average/below average folks (Weaver, & everyone before him.).

Then when Kubiak came in, you could see how much influence he had in all kinds of aspects of running this team. Things most head coaches have no say in, much less a first timer.

So when he talked to other people, they signed off on Capers (which I thought was a good idea), & they signed off on Casserly (which I think was the real problem, the biggest problem.... not that I wanted Capers to be here any longer). & McNair let them do their business. but he found out how full of **** Casserly was when Kubiak got here.

IMO, McNair's talk about not going backwards, is pretty much about writing off the first 4 years, where we basically went backwards. You can't say, "If we had done this, or we had done that, then .... " He knows it doesn't work that way. We've got to look at what we have now & move forward.

The decision to go with a first time head coach & a first time GM is probably the decision he is talking about most there.
Old 02-01-2011   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Hey Bob? Prove me wrong and sign Namdi! That'll show me how wrong I am!

I double dog dare ya!!
The Cincinnati Bengals have had more success than we've had over the last 9 years. Yet the only "big name" FAs they are able to land are guys like Terrell Owens & Cedric Benson.

My point, is that there will be a number of teams trying to get Namdi Asomugha on their roster, offering as much money as we will. Why would he come here? I personally don't know that would be a good measuring stick for "Bob" to prove you're wrong.

Johnathan Joseph... maybe.

The only thing that really bothers me about what we've done in FA, is that we're not very active. Perhaps they are doing their due dilligence & bringing in the best that they can, but I'd like to see them bring in more numbers. Get 6 corners in here, work them all out. Get some bodies for training camp & if they are as good as Molden, you keep him, cut Molden... or Okam (don't wait till the season starts to try to fill your roster)... or Anderson (who I do like) or Slaton, or Studdard, or Barber, etc... those guys aren't helping us win anyhow. Get them competing for their jobs.

But that's me.
Old 02-01-2011   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
And where does McNair get off on criticizing Carolina or Jacksonville? Those franchises have yet to win championships, but both have had tangible success. The Texans have attained squat.
I don't know if it was criticism, or just observation. It's not like he said they don't know how to run a franchise or build a team, or anything like that.

He said they had success early, but wouldn't want to be in the position they are in now. Doesn't mean that he wouldn't like to have had that kind of success.

Jacksonville can't give away tickets & are talking about moving.

The Panthers are where we were 5 years ago.

Just saying, I don't think it's criticism.
Old 02-01-2011   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
I mean in today's "win now or get fired" model look at the teams that follow the fire them after 3 or 4 years... guess what... they wind up doing it with another coach for another 3 or 4 years.

There have been 3 staples of the last 8 years. The Steelers, the Colts, the Pats. Guess what. They've had 2 coaching changes between them.

Think NE is glad that Cleveland gave Billy the boot? Could he have replicated his success if he was kept in Cleveland?

Mike
I think those are prime examples, that it's not just about the coach. The Steelers are rolling to two SuperBowl wins under their new head coach Mike Tomlin in what? 3 years? Is he a better coach than Cowher?

I don't think so. I believe the organization finally got it together on all cylinders & Tomlin is reaping the benefits. Don't take that to mean that Tomlin isn't a good coach, he's definitely part of those winning ways.

I don't believe Belichick would have been able to have that same success in Cleveland. Totally different organization, with a lot of things that needs to be worked out, same thing here.

Bringing Belichick to Houston 5 years ago, doesn't mean we would have had the success the Patriots have had over the last 9 years. More success than we've had most likely.

But that's the way the "buddy system" works. Belichick was a "familiar" choice for the Patriots. That's why he got the job, not because of his "success" in Cleveland as a head coach.

Too much credit, too much blame.... that's the life of an NFL head coach.
Old 02-01-2011   #55
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanchris View Post
Maybe Bob should hire someone to edit what hes going to say before he says it so he doesnt sound like a moron. I mean really, panthers made it to the super bowl and jaguars to the Championship game and he thinks we are better franchise?
Perhaps you should take your own advice. We are a better franchise than both of them. We sell out our home games (up to date that is), we're the 9th most valuable franchise in the world, 6th in the NFl.

They have had more success on the field than we have, I won't argue that. McNair wouldn't & hasn't.

But we're definitely a better franchise.
Old 02-01-2011   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

Wow... I completely & absolutely agree with this.

More than anything, I wanted McNair to hire a VP of football operations to do just this.

That didn't happen. I'm still hoping there is more to the Rick Smith story to come.
Old 02-01-2011   #57
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Lot of the same tired excuses being thrown around for Mcnair in this thread. He can talk all the talk he wants and smile for the cameras when he says what he thinks fans want to hear, but his actions have been anything but the actions of an owner that seeks a championship as his bottom line. When he goes out and spends the cash on some real football execs that have a winning track record instead of saying that we're on the right track on a 6-10 season while he keeps the same HC and GM, then I might believe that his objectives and goals have changed as an owner. Until then, this is nothing but bait for season ticket holders that are probably slowly dropping off.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011   #58
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Perhaps you should take your own advice. We are a better franchise than both of them. We sell out our home games (up to date that is), we're the 9th most valuable franchise in the world, 6th in the NFl.

They have had more success on the field than we have, I won't argue that. McNair wouldn't & hasn't.

But we're definitely a better franchise.
thats like saying the Cubs are better than the White Sox because they sell more tickets and are worth more money. money does not a franchis make.

winning makes a franchise and we are bottom of the barrel when it comes to that. maybe detroit is below us but that is about it.
Old 02-01-2011   #59
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
I tell you what. Since HWWNBN somebody tell me a mistake that has set this team back half a decade. There isn't one.
Hiring a first time head coach and letting him pick an inexperienced GM and crappy DC, is a start.

According to a blog by Texans Chick, that first time DC produced this:

Quote:
According to Football Outsiders stats, the Texans defense under Smith's tenure was ranked as follows:

2006: 31st
2007: 30th
2008: 29th
So they finally fire the guy. Do they bring in a bonafide PROVEN DC? Of course not. They bring in another FOG (friend of Gary) and first time DC, who proved to be even worse of a coach than his predecessor.

This is all on Bob.

So that's some big mistakes right there that has given us several years of mediocre results.

What is clearly and painfully obvious is that players do not improve when they become Texans. The successful teams have a FO, training staff, and coaches that bring in good talent (scouting dept.) and improve these players (coaches, trainers). We have not seen any noticeable improvement in these areas, and from what we can gather on the outside looking in, McNair is very loyal to his employees, to the point that he will not let them go to be replaced with better people at those jobs.

This is about setting a standard for excellence that becomes the be all/end all of running a football franchise. If the end goal is not putting the BEST available at every position in the organization, from GM, scouts, trainers, coaches, etc., then the results will not be an annual drive through the playoffs. If loyalty to employees is higher than the quest for excellence, you end up with perpetual mediocrity, otherwise known as the Houston Texans.

It is this aspect that separates the great teams like the Steelers, Patriots, Colts, from team like the Texans. How many of these teams would hire Rick Smith as their GM? Short of the Lions, Bengals, or Browns, I'd be willing to bet not many.
Old 02-01-2011   #60
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not buying the he's still learning on the job BS.

He's been learning on the job for a decade now. If McNair hasn't learned by now he never will. Or maybe profit is all that's important to him. After all it's season ticket renewal time.

The funny thing is the Texans are hitting us up for ticket $$$$ and chances are there is going to be a lockout led by one Robert C. McNair. But BoB will still have our $$$$ in his bank collecting interest. Along with the TV $$$$ that he's going to receive regardless if there's a lockout or not.

But yeah lets give BoB a pass because making 750 mil while learning on the job has been great for the fans so far hasn't it.

Lets face it this team is never going to be a winner as long as BoB is running it. Maybe one day Cal will take over and he will put winning 1st and foremost. But if the apple doesn't fall far from the tree the Texans will become the Lions,Bungles,Browns etc... of the NFL.

That's a scary thought.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read