Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Bronco's Are About to Make History...

TheCD

Rookie
By taking a serious run at worst defense ever.

Meet the new LB coach of the Denver Broncos: Coach Richard Smith

Broncos finish staff with former Texans coordinator
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 25, 2011, 3:02 PM EST
The 2010 Denver Broncos coaching staff is complete.

Following the hiring of Dennis Allen as the team’s defensive coordinator, the team declared Tuesday they’ve hired former Texans defensive coordinator Richard Smith as linebackers coach and former Rams/Panthers assistant coach Ron Milus to coach the secondary.

If we wanted to be cynical smartasses, we could point out that the Broncos coaching staff will now be an excellent mix of the two worst teams in 2010 (Panthers, Broncos) and the unstoppable Texans and Rams defenses from 2008.
But we’re not cynical.

:lol:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/25/broncos-finish-staff-with-former-texans-coordinator/

He'll probably build a solid defense in Denver because he doesn't have Beavis & Butthead making stupid personnel decisions and refusing to get quality players in key positions.

He'll probably build a solid defense in Denver because he doesn't have Beavis & Butthead making stupid personnel decisions and refusing to get quality players in key positions.

You know, there may be something to this, and if there is, Uncle Wade isn't going to help as much as we hope.

You know, there may be something to this, and if there is, Uncle Wade isn't going to help as much as we hope.

To be honest, I'm scared for Wade.

Time will tell. Wade is a proven DC with a good resume in that regard. If he fails to put together a good defense and Richard Smith builds a good defense in Denver, then we can really start to wonder about things. Of course, Denver's FO has proven to be quite inept, as well, so who knows if this coaching hire is a reflection of that.

When Wade said something to the effect that we've got good players when he was hired, I tend to think this is him saying that he's expected to work with what we have on the roster instead of purging and truly starting over. Reminds me of the HWWNBN albatross put around Kubiak's neck when he was hired. It is the M.O. of our F.O.

No. The Allies winning WWII.......... was about to make history. The falling of the Soviet Union....was about to make history. September 11th........ was about to make history..........these mf'ers are about to get shot.

Chris Rock might agree.

Time will tell. Wade is a proven DC with a good resume in that regard. If he fails to put together a good defense and Richard Smith builds a good defense in Denver, then we can really start to wonder about things. Of course, Denver's FO has proven to be quite inept, as well, so who knows if this coaching hire is a reflection of that.

When Wade said something to the effect that we've got good players when he was hired, I tend to think this is him saying that he's expected to work with what we have on the roster instead of purging and truly starting over. Reminds me of the HWWNBN albatross put around Kubiak's neck when he was hired. It is the M.O. of our F.O.

He's only the LB coach. I highly doubt he'll have much say in any personel or player positioning decisions, much less scheme.

they hired the Saints DB coach, Dennis Allen, to be their DC. Allen is a good coach - will he make a good DC? Who knows.... too early to tell.

MOFO is 100% correct.

You stated it perfectly. Did you know you'd done that, DB? LOL.

lol! yeah, it sort of rolled off the tongue after I typed it. Glad you spotted it! :)

He's only the LB coach. I highly doubt he'll have much say in any personel or player positioning decisions, much less scheme.

d'oh! Minor detail there that I obviously missed. Yeah, he won't have much say as an LB coach, but still, just sayin'...

:boogereater: <---- hey look, a booger eating smiley! [/distraction]

Well as they say, we shall see how it happens. If he doesn't do good, then he could be out of a job after a year...that is IF there is a 2011 NFL season!

Because Denver has done a much better job of acquiring players........

Gotcha.
:kitten:

Time will tell. Wade is a proven DC with a good resume in that regard.
I originally liked the Wade as DC thing. Then I decided to look at some of Dallas' games from 2010. After I realized Wade was effectively the DC for all of last year, & noting that 2010 was Dallas' worst year statistically: defensively..... I'm having second thoughts.

I just watched the 2nd Qtr of their game against Indy, Dec 5. Defensively they played a straight 4 man front, with Ware as a DE. Mostly in the nickel (as Peyton was in "chuck it mode" with a side order of "hurry the F up" offense). & they looked as bad if not worse than we did. Well, not as bad. Their Safety play was much better (as was their LBs) but their corners were just as ineffective against Manning as ours were.

To be fair to that defense, I only watched the 2nd Qtr. (all the time I had)... that Int, was actually the second Manning Int of the game, & it came on back to back possessions (meaning they intercepted Manning on the previous possessions). They intercepted Manning 4 times in that game.

But they had to score 38 in OT to win, after taking a 17-0 lead early in the 2nd Qtr..... sounded awful familiar.

Anyway.. spilled milk & all that.

I don't think so, McNair & Kubiak both said we would be aggressive in the off-season & we're going to get Wade what Wade says he needs. Wade is just talking like a coach.

I am curious though, why we haven't heard a peep out of Rick Smith. I'm hoping that means he is really on the hotseat, and is working his ass off to get something done.

I don't think so, McNair & Kubiak both said we would be aggressive in the off-season & we're going to get Wade what Wade says he needs. Wade is just talking like a coach.

Reminds me of the Abe Lincoln quote: "If you call a tail a leg, how many legs has a dog? Five? No, calling a tail a leg don't make it a leg."

I'll believe it when I see it in their actions. Talk is cheap from this FO, and I'm not buying into any of their sales pitch at this point.

Wade is talking a like a coach, because that's what he is and he knows the routine. But with the way this FO blew smoke up our collective butts about HWWNBN and pretty much forced Kubiak to deal with it for his first year as HC, I don't put any stock into mere words from a marketing department or freshly hired coach.

Back