Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-30-2011   #61
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87841 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (Sign Up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
SM has run a great mock for the last 2 yrs.

Drafting this way seems to be the most efficient way to run the draft.

I personally wish there was only a 12 hr clock to make a pick.

But like I said this is SM's show and he does a great job with it.
I like the clock the way it is. Most of us who get into this thing stay on top of it. The picks go pretty fast.

But sometimes it's not hard to get busy for 12 hours. Lets say you're sixth in line at the start of the day and you get busy at work or with the kids or something, and then the five picks in front of you fly right by. Doesn't seem fair to get skipped in a situation like that.

The way it is right now, you don't really have an excuse if you miss your pick. So we just move on.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011   #62
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'd like to play.
Signed you up TK.

Quote:
Also, why would the pick be made for someone who misses? Why wouldn't you do it like in the actual draft, if I don't get my pick in on time, I can make my pick at anytime, before the next selection?

You've been doing this a while, so if you say that's the best way, it's the best way. I'm just wondering.
If we didnt make a consensus pick for some teams who miss, their pick would never be made as they have either forgotten about this thread, or just dont give a damn. Not very realistic for teams to stop drafting IMO. Also if GM's miss their first round picks it would just make a mess of everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
If there's any room left, Count me In.
Signed you up Wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I personally wish there was only a 12 hr clock to make a pick.
We will probably move to a quicker clock as the draft goes on. But the first 2 rounds should go fairly quickly as people are interested and know the prospects.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011   #63
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

BigBull just signed up. 5 spots left plus Oakland.

26.) BigBull17
27.)
28.)
29.)
30.)
31.)
32.) OAKLAND
Old 01-31-2011   #64
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I like the clock the way it is. Most of us who get into this thing stay on top of it. The picks go pretty fast.

But sometimes it's not hard to get busy for 12 hours. Lets say you're sixth in line at the start of the day and you get busy at work or with the kids or something, and then the five picks in front of you fly right by. Doesn't seem fair to get skipped in a situation like that.

The way it is right now, you don't really have an excuse if you miss your pick. So we just move on.
I 2nd this. I don't log on during weekends either, so I like that rule as it is too.
Old 01-31-2011   #65
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

The other thing that makes these things work is PMing your next XYZ picks to some other people so that they can make your pick if you can't get on.
Old 01-31-2011   #66
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

We need 5 more participants! I'm eager to see what team I get and start doing some research.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011   #67
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We need 5 more participants! I'm eager to see what team I get and start doing some research.
Me 2!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-31-2011   #68
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it first come first serve or is it like in a brothel where it's first serve first ..... nevermind .
Old 01-31-2011   #69
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love to draft for Oakland. Now the only thing I'd have to figure out is if I want to draft my way, or the Al Davis way .
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011   #70
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
I'd love to draft for Oakland. Now the only thing I'd have to figure out is if I want to draft my way, or the Al Davis way .
all this time I thought you & him where one and the same

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011   #71
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
all this time I thought you & him where one and the same
Oh come on, my posts on this message board haven't been that bad.

And hell, if I was Al I'd torture you guys by posting a pic of me in every post. You know, something like...

THIS!
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011   #72
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Thanks Kull.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Me 2!
I guess if everyone PM's anyone they feel would be interested to participate and keep up with this thread, we can fill the last 5 spots and divvy up teams.

Or we could say screw it and have TPN divvy up 2 teams to a few peeps.
Old 01-31-2011   #73
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did I not participate in last years mock? If I'm eligible, I'd like to play. But only if I get to be a team like Detroit or Buffalo who is known for not doing very well in the draft.

Don't want to sully Bellichick's reputation know what I mean?

Also, why would the pick be made for someone who misses? Why wouldn't you do it like in the actual draft, if I don't get my pick in on time, I can make my pick at anytime, before the next selection?

You've been doing this a while, so if you say that's the best way, it's the best way. I'm just wondering.
Although picks usually go pretty well through the first round or two, as the draft goes on, guys start missing. Life starts messing stuff up and guys miss logging in for a few days here and there. It happens. In those cases, it's worked out pretty well to have a consensus pick at those points.

It's generally a good practice to PM your top 5 picks to a couple of people when the pick gets to within 5 spots from your pick. That way, if your top picks are taken, at least you get one in there. I've had several times where I had my list of 4-5 guys and all of those guys go right before my pick. Very frustrating.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011   #74
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is the list of who gets what team?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011   #75
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Where is the list of who gets what team?
Old 01-31-2011   #76
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Why you no pm me back foo?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011   #77
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
It's generally a good practice to PM your top 5 picks to a couple of people when the pick gets to within 5 spots from your pick. That way, if your top picks are taken, at least you get one in there. I've had several times where I had my list of 4-5 guys and all of those guys go right before my pick. Very frustrating.
In that case there should probably be two or three moderators so people don't send their picks to someone who's not checking the thread.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011   #78
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Why you no pm me back foo?
Dont have a PM from ya. But I did just clean out my box cause it was 96% full. They dont give you alot of space on this thing!
Old 01-31-2011   #79
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry, been busy at work. Give me a moment to run my randomizer.
Old 01-31-2011   #80
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Code:
Jets          stingray 
Patriots      bah007 
Seahawks      The Pencil Neck 
Rams          Texan4Ever 
Falcons       mariowillshine15 
Chargers      steelbtexan 
Browns        kiwitexansfan 
Eagles        Kulluminatii
Cowboys       beerlover 
Panthers      JB 
Redskins      Trap_Star 
Vikings       JCTexan 
Chiefs        HOU-TEX 
Giants        BigBull17 
Broncos       disaacks3 
Ravens        rmartin65 
Bears         drs23 
Cardinals     Wolf6151 
Lions         pbat488 
Texans        Ndevine7 
Colts         ArlingtonTexan 
Jaguars       Super Mario 
Bills         Honoring Earl 34 
Bengals       Shaft75 
Niners        jay23728 
Packers       thunderkyss 
Buccaneers    Senor Stan 
Steelers      beerlover 
Saints        steelbtexan 
Dolphins      JCTexan 
Titans        Honoring Earl 34 
Raiders       Kulluminatii
That's the list I got.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read